Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I tried out the Crown coils with the SS value @Yerba posted a few pages back, and it seems to be working pretty well. I don't know how accurate the temp is, but I'm not getting dry coil, and its making vapors.

On a side note, cheap SX Mini M class: SXmini M Class 60 Watt Box Mod by YiHi

Reactions: ephilbe

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I tried out the Crown coils with the SS value @Yerba posted a few pages back, and it seems to be working pretty well. I don't know how accurate the temp is, but I'm not getting dry coil, and its making vapors.

On a side note, cheap SX Mini M class: SXmini M Class 60 Watt Box Mod by YiHi

Yup, the majority of mods drop drastically in price after awhile , thats when i buy if i need something, but my older mods do everything i need them to do.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Stick with the SX mate. I got a boxer dual 18650 DNA133 as I was fascinated with the escribe interface etc. Hardly use it now. Plugged in a bunch of profiles for Ti and NiFe48 and left it at that. Novelty wore off pretty quickly for me. And I still havent used it with more than 70 or 80W of preheat so even 133 is a bit watsd on me. Might ry some dual coil builds or claptons at some point I guess so maybe it will become more useful! I would also use a Mac-native version of escribe a lot more but dont see that happening any time soon.

I barely use my DNA 200 as well. I haven't been able to use escribe since upgrading to El Capitan, so I can't use any of the extended features right now. So in essence, it's a high-powered, extremely bulky DNA40 for me, given the lack of a user menu system on the chip.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
so someone (EDIT: it was @Zabolee , gotta give credit where credit's due :)) put this link in one of the other forums, think it belongs here too:

SXmini M Class 60 Watt Box Mod by YiHi

$100 shipped m class... i didn't need another one, but come on... one pinky's coming to a new home :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jmercury1

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Where did you hear that? I never heard of a manufacture making a stipulation like that.
I have heard of companies doing that. If it wasn't sold from an authorized dealer, the warranty wouldn't cover a defective device. I don't know about Yihi, but I had to deal with this 1st hand from Vapor Flask

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Sounds like they're trying to guard against the clone market. Since Vaporkings is a reputable company that has been around a long time, my guess is they are a authorized retailer. I just sent them an email to make sure.

You might want to make sure you get them to confirm they will warranty the device in writing should you have problems. I know of 1 consumer that bought a discounted SXmini m from Vaporshark who probably many consider a "reputable company" but they were having a hard time with warranty being fulfilled.

Reactions: AmandaD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread