hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried the tfv4 mini a little bit last night with the stock coil. I think it's a Clapton coil. I had to turn up my cloupor to 30w just to get it to give any vapor. I'm not really into high wattage vaping too much. I'm going to build a coil on the rba tonight and see how I like it. I'm trying to decide whether to just put a kanthal coil or a nickel coil on it.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I tried the tfv4 mini a little bit last night with the stock coil. I think it's a Clapton coil. I had to turn up my cloupor to 30w just to get it to give any vapor. I'm not really into high wattage vaping too much. I'm going to build a coil on the rba tonight and see how I like it. I'm trying to decide whether to just put a kanthal coil or a nickel coil on it.
    I have the single Clapton build in mine, .7 ohms. Seems to work ok for me, 25 watts, but had it up to 30 watts. Waiting on the mail man to see if TC works with the Cube.

Bye Fran :)

Reactions: hittman

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    Good morning :)

coffee-3_zps1dmvnpfb.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    Sir, I guess that there was a little bit of an issue with the top cap being a little loose on the tfv4. The mini is really tight and super hard to open. I'm hoping that it loosens some with time.
    The two I have work great. At first they are a little tight but loosened a little over use. I think it may be the rubber insulator that needs some wear. If you're liking the Clapton you'd probably enjoy just a regular coil in the rba where you can build to your own power.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I suddenly started having leaking problems. I took and rinsed it out, replaced the wick, and went to fill it back up and as I was filling the liquid started pouring out of the air holes. I don't know if the oring on the rba isn't seating or what. I noticed on the smok website that evidently it came with a little plug thing to put in the rba to cut back the airflow for mouth to lung vaping. I didn't really open the bag so I'll have to look when I get home. That has nothing to do with the leaking but thought I'd tell you about it. I took it apart a few times and from what I can tell if the oring on the rba is good then it shouldn't allow any liquid thru to where the air holes are.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I got spare oring for that in my rba kit. Haven't had an issue with leaking. Has to be the bottom oring to get out the air holes.

I just got put on an imposed buying ban for vape. My money bank card was stopped because "South Africa" had twice tried to use it. I only keep less than $10 in the account so it's the most I can lose. But they tried twice to order something in So Africa and both times it was declined. After the second time the Bank CANCELLED my money card (I only use it for online purchases, and transfer what I need for each transaction immediately before "pay"). They said it would take a week to 10 days to get a new card and the few dollars I had on the old card will be transferred to the new one. It will probably be two weeks, I need to start making a list of what I want now....

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I took the tfv apart a couple times and even took the oring off , lubricated it and then put it back. If I get it over half full then the liquid just pours out the air holes. It soaked my hands and my coolfire. I'm going to see if there's an extra oring tonight for it and if it still doesn't work then I'll try another head.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I took the tfv apart a couple times and even took the oring off , lubricated it and then put it back. If I get it over half full then the liquid just pours out the air holes. It soaked my hands and my coolfire. I'm going to see if there's an extra oring tonight for it and if it still doesn't work then I'll try another head.

I screw my tank together pretty tight, firm on the coil head and tight on the tank. My vape mail with the extra tank bottom did not arrive today... TC is going to have to wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread