Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breminator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Duisburg, Germany
I have a couple of more questions.
The original Tilemahos was 21mm. Is that correct?
If that is correct can I use any Tilemahos version AD base (1,2 or 2+) to put on my original Tilemahos as long as it's 21mm?
yes, the tilemahos version1 was 21mm.
and yes, you can put on every tilemahos ad base in 21mm.
all other parts fits perfect

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Thanks Aal_ - Which Tilemahos do you use to vape your Max VG?

My builds on my daily vape K4 are usually temp control coils in Nickel but more recently in Titanium and I'm currently using 0.4mm Titanium wire and most commonly build a 3mm diameter coil. As long as the resistance works for the mod I'm using and it fits the atty I don't really care how many wraps I make its not that important but I will build spaced coils to the size that fits well. I vape at 420F or a little more depending on atomiser to get a warmish vape with decent vapour production and the best flavour. Current mod in use is an ipv D2. So that kind of chucks the Kanthal/resistance issue out of the window. Power in the 25-32 Joule range.

I do have another mod that I use in the evening or when at home which isn't temp control (BMI Box) that will fire 100w down to 0.15 ohms but I reserve any multi wire builds for my rda's and usually build higher than that base resistance.
I use tilemahos V2 (the 2.5mm).

0.4mm is 26 awg I think? It should handle plenty of power. Of course wicking design is crucial. But my point still stands. Those small holes in the KF4 are a headache at high power. With Tilemahos juice control and correct wick placement, you can go from over flooding instantly to forever dry hits however you like it :D

JMBH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Madrid , Spain
Hi Folks, Hi Imeo :) . Havn't been posting here in months , but still checking once in awhile . Very busy with changes including my location .
Just got the springomizer update and tried it already . The idea I find really great , but not good for me at this moment.
Maximum resistance I managed to set is 1.0 ohm . Wicked with cotton , got it working right , no dry hit, no flooding .
But I vape at 2.0 ohm with esg Ti wire ( ohm at load ) 100% flavorless VG . The lowest for me ( for my taste ) is 1,5 ohm . Find the spring wire gauge and diameter to big for me as well . Imeo , hope you can make springs with higher resistance ( at least 1,5 ohm ) with 0,25 mm. wire ? Can't handle it right now . To hot , to harsh for my taste .....

Reactions: imeothanasis

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
No, no big deal at all. I just wanted to reach into the video and remove it!! LOL

To Futuremods: When are you going to get more springs and the 2.5mm unit back in stock?? Thanks.
i'll have them soon! hopefully they will be here this week, but because of the holiday maybe not until early next week.

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
Well Its Here.....:thumbs:

I pulled it apart and gave it a clean and installed a Titanium 3mm coil about 7 wraps giving a resistance of 0.33 ohms. I'm using it in temp control on a iPV D2.

First coil and wicking went OK, no dry hits but I'm not getting the amazing flavour that this atomiser is renowned for. Its OK but not AMAZING. I actually took the 2mm centre tube straight out and installed the 2.5mm centre tube that was in the V2 as I like a bit more air in my draw. Even with the airflow control almost shut I haven't hit that flavour sweet spot yet. Now I accept that the increase in air flow may be a contributing factor to my lack of flavour but I wondered if my coil and wick are also muting the flavour a little.

Here's my first build

Any advice on how to get more flavour or better wicking would be appreciated.

The Old Phil

Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
France
Imeo will you be doing a "springomizer" Ithaka update? The top of the AD pin just broke while still threaded into the center post of my Ithaka update so it would be a nice occasion for me to buy a new update which has the "spring tech" (also spare parts are sold out on ESG anyway).

Apologies if this was asked before, I didn't read the whole 34 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread