Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Going to try and answer this in a way you might understand.

First my evic. Bought for $100. $25 shortly after to replace cracked batt tube after a short fall, not covered by warrantee. $80 for a new head after having charging issues and the board frying due to a bad usb circuit. Again not warranteed. $50 to replace unit after 2nd head adjustment buttons stopped working thanks to my b&m working out a deal since joy tech refused to help. Replacement unit trashed after Usb overcharged batt causing a vent. Total $255 wasted and didn't get 4 months use.

Next my e-mech. Good solid vape power, liked the mod. Usb broke on third charge. No big deal used dedicated charger. Started autofiring and fried. Lasted 1.5 months company refused to honor 90day warrantee. $80 in the trash.

ipv box. $130 fried and caught fire on first charge attempt never Vaped. Replacement covered by b&m because IPV refused warrantee, auto fired on 2nd hit fried in flames. B&m gave me a v2 to replace it which also fried within 3 weeks. Given an IPV v3 fried within a month. $430 wasted between me and b&m

Bought p3. Works great. My mistake popped contact plate off positive pin but still worked. Provape replaced it free. Still working flawlessly after a year. Cost $280 no money wasted.

Vs rdna 40. 5 replacement boards later including a dna 200. Still not working right between screen issues, TC malfunctions , resistance reading errors, mis fires etc. VS didn't help beyond first board but evolv did step up some. Still tinkering with this one but $300 sunk into it so far.

Won a radius. So far it's been flawless. Dropped it out of my pouches while roofing taking a 15 foot drop onto gravel and not even a scratch. Would I buy it for the $200. Yes I would.

Best value out of my purchases. P3 hands down They work, are hassle free to get repaired if needed and provape stands behind them 100%. I expect no less from provape on my radius. That's why people still buy Provape products.
Don't buy a ProVari they said. Get a Vamo instead. It's all metal, and you can buy five for the price of a ProVari.

That was what, two years ago? Does anyone know anyone who still has a working Vamo in daily use?

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't buy a ProVari they said. Get a Vamo instead. It's all metal, and you can buy five for the price of a ProVari.

That was what, two years ago? Does anyone know anyone who still has a working Vamo in daily use?
Does anyone know anyone who ever had a working Vamo in daily use?

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
sold out now but i found a great deal on provari glovari with extension cap for 50.00 which is great since extension cap goes for 20.00 itself, picked up the last 2 they had in stock, got 1 for me and for my brother who is looking for something better than the egos he has used occasionally and still smokes most of the time

forgot to post link Provari V2.5 Full-Glovari (Green LED) (With Extension Cap) - ElectronicStix.Com

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I might get a Vamo :blink:

I bought a Vamo after I had a ProVari. It was on-sale and I wanted to find out what all the VW hoopla was about. It vaped ok, for what it was, but I ended up giving it away. Every time it was near the ProVari it got more and more depressed.

9jf9.jpg

jnz1.jpg

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
have I missed anything?
You missed the EPIC return of Plan to ECF a few days ago. Other than that, naw.

I'd say I haven't see you around lately, but I haven't seen anyone around for a while on account of myself being absent. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You missed the EPIC return of Plan to ECF a few days ago. Other than that, naw.

I'd say I haven't see you around lately, but I haven't seen anyone around for a while on account of myself being absent. :)

PoM-PoM.jpg

Give us a P! Give us an O! Give us an M!
We have missed you!​

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Ha. I left her quite a while ago. Too needy, and obviously abusive. She still calls me late at night, drunk, wanting her Plan back. ;)
Ah, but those are the ones that can be soooo much fun! :D

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Nothing like reviving a dead thread, but does anyone know why they decided to make a box mod? Is it the electronics that require it? Does their market research tell them that this is the desired shape/size? I love the shape of the p2.5 and I use it all the time. Strongly considering the radius, but puzzled at why they would deviate from their well known shape. Also as my name implies, once I hit the buy button, it has to be in my hand yesterday.

Any ideas as to why they switched shapes? Also what is the box capable of? Small minor firmware upgrades, or capable of upping wattage etc like some other mods? Guesses welcome, inside information welcome, and rotten tomatoes/eggs thrown at me for reviving the thread especially welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ENAUD

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Nothing like reviving a dead thread, but does anyone know why they decided to make a box mod? Is it the electronics that require it? Does their market research tell them that this is the desired shape/size? I love the shape of the p2.5 and I use it all the time. Strongly considering the radius, but puzzled at why they would deviate from their well known shape. Also as my name implies, once I hit the buy button, it has to be in my hand yesterday.

Any ideas as to why they switched shapes? Also what is the box capable of? Small minor firmware upgrades, or capable of upping wattage etc like some other mods? Guesses welcome, inside information welcome, and rotten tomatoes/eggs thrown at me for reviving the thread especially welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The short answer ... to safely have the Radius go to 40w ... it must be 18650 only.

The form factor they put into the Radius, just works better for an 18650.

P.S. ... you revived a thread from Wed :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread