Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
(((((((Classy)))))))) you've always been our hero!!! :wub:

we gotta get you in the hangout sometime soon!

it's a wonder first babies survive anything! Most of us didn't know diddly when we started out.

Now they have a website where new parents can go to find out exactly what their baby is supposed to be doing each week... Sometimes a little information can be dangerous! General info is great, but no need to panic if the baby decides he's going to wait until the next week, or skip that new trick! Sheesh. I raised 2 children very successfully, but I feel like a brand new mother. Everything is different now - it's a wonder our kids survived!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It won't be. Doree's mom has deep vein thrombosis in her right leg and is headed to the emergency room and will be checked. Into the hospital. We are probably leaving Thanksgiving Day as it's the best travel day. We are planning on staying a month and maybe a little bit. Then back up here. Nobody is going to even look at a home during the holidays anyway. The time in Deerfield Beach won't be wasted. Got plenty to do there getting ready to move in. When I was venting the other day i forgot to mention that as well. It's just piling on. Prayers needed.

So sorry hun, I misunderstood. Prayers for all of you! I know it's hard not to worry, but Dave is right. It don't do one bit of good, only does harm to the worrier's well being.

being able to drive to my Parent's for Thanksgiving tomorrow evening without the car causing an accident... priceless.
So glad they found this stuff, be safe and hope you have a great visit!

Sorry people in the H/O...I am in a really bad mood,,,
awwwwww ((((((kay))))))))) hope you feel better soon hun. Call me if ya wanna talk.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I tend to stress over little things even ... and when I run out of things to stress over ... I make a new list of potential things to stress over.
The thought of running out of things to stress over can be very stressful.

I've told this true story before but it's been a good while since I told it.

About 15 years ago at a monthly Union meeting, a group of coworkers was affectionately needling me regarding my fairly obvious tendency to get deeply involved in project # 732 (arbitrary number) and then to abandon it when I got deeply involved in project # 733. One of those coworkers said:

"You know why you have so many unfinished projects, Dave? It's because you feel like the powers-that-be could not possibly allow you to die when you have so much left to do. It's your way of trying to insure against dying."

I found that to be a rather profound insight.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Now they have a website where new parents can go to find out exactly what their baby is supposed to be doing each week... Sometimes a little information can be dangerous! General info is great, but no need to panic if the baby decides he's going to wait until the next week, or skip that new trick! Sheesh. I raised 2 children very successfully, but I feel like a brand new mother. Everything is different now - it's a wonder our kids survived!
So true. My son, our only child but mine from my previous marriage, was ADHD, problem child. I had no blueprint, but we must have fumbled something right cuz he turned out just fine. Sometimes too much information is, well, too much information and it becomes overwhelming. I think we, and our parents, did OK.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
I've just rather skimmed through here as there's just too much for me to catch up on.

Prayers headed out for Doree's mother.

Condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

As much as I would love to be in the HO Thanksgiving morning, I will be sleeping, having worked the night before and having to work Thanksgiving night. Feeling pretty melancholy right about now.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
It looks like I won't be joining the Thanksgiving morning coffee and donut hangout. Doree's mother is in the hospital with a deep vein thrombosis blood clot in her right leg. We don't know how bad or which part of the leg. If upper it could lead to a pulmonary embolism. We are probably going down to Deerfield Beach. If possible we will drive down on Thanksgiving day as the traffic should be virtually non existent. She is old with alzheimer's and extremely frail. The movw can wait, I would die before letting Doree miss seeing her mother should the worst occur. Prayer is requested. She's the last living parent in our family.

Hated to "like" that post. Prayers for you all on their way!

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
I've just rather skimmed through here as there's just too much for me to catch up on.

Prayers headed out for Doree's mother.

Condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

As much as I would love to be in the HO Thanksgiving morning, I will be sleeping, having worked the night before and having to work Thanksgiving night. Feeling pretty melancholy right about now.
I feel you roto, im workin tomorrow and early friday mornin, just be thankful we dont have to go outside and smoke to get through it.

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Hang in there. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good.....

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Hang in there. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good. The money is good.....
Yeah, I keep repeating that to myself, but it's not working. Not that I really had anything going on Thanksgiving Day either. Oh well. I opted for this stuff.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Money. Camaraderie with 'the guys'. Then, there's Christmas!

Hang in there.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hi all, just a quick note to let ya'll know I made it safely to my Son's. I will get caught up on the posting later. Except for Dallas, it was a smooth drive. Of course I hit the Woodlands at peak traffic and crawled the last 10 miles. Family time calls.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Oh Mama. . . you know how to put a girl to bed with a smile on her face.
girl_wink.gif

I
Heart.gif
VAN and you too!
tender.gif

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Are they going to be serving a dinner to you faithful employees?
I haven't heard anybody at the base say anything about cooking. The company we are contracted out to has a galley. They allow us to have meals there. They usually do a nice dinner for us on the holidays. I'm sure they will have a nice spread.

Money. Camaraderie with 'the guys'. Then, there's Christmas! Hang in there.
I'm holding on with my pinky finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread