Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good evening Army :)

Cold here but the temps are supposed to warm up to a whopping 68* Friday. I keep torturing myself and looking at what the temps are back home.

Saturday we start our journey back home. Although, I am surprised that the cold is not bothering me as much as it used to. Might have to do with not having to step outside to smoke :lol:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Evening Army. 800 miles for $350 today, 42 miles for $36 tomorrow. Such is the life of an old trucker. But at least I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight, as I do most every night. And I'll be Home for Thanksgiving and Mamaw's cooking. Can't really complain, but that's just what grumpy old men do. Like Bronze and his leaves, for instance. For 56 years, we have been watching the leaves fall of the trees this time of year (maybe that's why some call Autumn "Fall". Right, BK ?) and yet we still complain when they cover the yard. I have found now is a good time to put new blades on the riding mower ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
yup thats why its called fall :)
but anyway... why do humans always resist what nature intended? the leaves fall and cover the ground, they break down and form nutrients for the spring growth... but noooo someone thought it would be better to rake up all the leaves and in the spring spend a small fortune on fertilizer to help the grass grow... :blink:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good evening Army :)

Cold here but the temps are supposed to warm up to a whopping 68* Friday. I keep torturing myself and looking at what the temps are back home.

Saturday we start our journey back home. Although, I am surprised that the cold is not bothering me as much as it used to. Might have to do with not having to step outside to smoke :lol:
I'm glad for cooler temps after a long summer of hot and humid.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
yup thats why its called fall :)
but anyway... why do humans always resist what nature intended? the leaves fall and cover the ground, they break down and form nutrients for the spring growth... but noooo someone thought it would be better to rake up all the leaves and in the spring spend a small fortune on fertilizer to help the grass grow... :blink:
The leaves promote moss and lawn disease which kills the grass. At least here it does where our lawns are perimetered by thick forest.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
The leaves promote moss and lawn disease which kills the grass. At least here it does where our lawns are perimetered by thick forest.
I guess that's why there aren't lawns in the forest. Not what nature intended.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Greetings from sunny CA! We got in late last night, and spent today getting settled. We will stay until after New Year's. I brought my workstation, and the change of scenery is great.

I have a nifty IKEA tabletop desk with detachable legs that we decided to bring. It has a cool slide out keyboard tray that I mounted onto it. Unfortunately, while carrying it to the truck, that heavy tray slid out and the tip of my index finger was in its path. Might have broken it, but definitely bashed it good. Picked up a splint. Nothing ice and ibuprofen can't get me through. But - OW! I will NOT post pictures though. I'm looking at you, Chak. :glare: :facepalm: :)

Great news on the house!!! Appraisal came in at the contract price. One request to deal with - 3 steps and railing for the door going to the backyard from the livingroom. That door is bolted shut, but the govt requirements still consider it a safety hazard. Not a big deal. Getting an estimate for it. Settlement can proceed on 12/29! :thumbs: I have extra thanks to give this Thanksgiving. :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. Up at 3am to drive 18 miles to work, 21 miles to store, 21 miles back to the yard, and 18 miles home. Don't know if I can handle all that ;)
Thankfully I am off Friday. This is the worst travel weekend of the year. I think I'll just lay around the house and get fat(ter) or Mamaw's ccoking and watch TV.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day, and a Great Thanksgiving Holiday :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Some may have guessed, watched The Avengers today and was wondering what Ironman was referring to at the end of the movie so I looked it up. Sounds delicious and I think I have all the ingredients. Let y'all know how it turns out...

@Bunnykiller I told you, you need to vape slower. ;)

@PapawBrett What else we got to do beside be grumpy, yard work? Screw that! :D

oh, crap! No cumin. Maybe fennel will do just as well, I know it's an entirely different taste but who knows...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread