Day 5, what does it mean when my battery does this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniemarie

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2015
Albuquerque NM
Boy I gotta take some time and get a new set up but Im in the middle of a move and short on time. But these ego 630 batteries are always up to something.
For a while the batt. was not holding a charge very long. Then I changed the way I was vaping.
The guy at the store told me to turn it off after I took a few puffs before putting it in the vertical holder on my desk. Thats what I was doing when I came here for help last week about batt. not holding a charge very well
After that if I was going to be at my desk for extended period of time I took a few puffs, and put it in the holder without turning it off….so sometimes it would be on constantly for quite a while as I worked at my desk, using it intermittently
When I started doing that I noticed it would hold a charge for lots lots longer than when I turned it on and off several times while at my desk.
Is this a fluke or does it make sense?
Now its doing some new stuff. The vapor is getting less, or it may be fine right out of the charger but then gets less quickly….what is that an indication of?
Sometime even when it has not been off the charger very long after a few puffs, I put it down and when I pick it up again I get a red light when I push the button. I put it down wait a few minutes and get a blue light and it seems fine.
Probably its just a case of not a very good battery which you guys already made me aware of.
As soon as I get a spare moment I will get a new set up. Would like to hobble this along for another week at least.
Still I want to know how to read these signals the battery gives out for my own information and education

juniemarie

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2015
Albuquerque NM
I can't give you specifics, but it really does seem you have a defective battery. The sooner you replace it the better as far as I'm concerned. Sorry I can't be more specific about the batts actions.

I know your right about that. I also realized that with TG coming up and everything closed for 2 or 3 days as far as local shops go, I could easily get stuck with a set up thats not working and no place to get another
In case of that happening do they sell something I could use on a temporary bases at gas stations and 7-11 type stores? I have to plan ahead just in case.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I know your right about that. I also realized that with TG coming up and everything closed for 2 or 3 days as far as local shops go, I could easily get stuck with a set up thats not working and no place to get another
In case of that happening do they sell something I could use on a temporary bases at gas stations and 7-11 type stores? I have to plan ahead just in case.
Many gas stations/convienience stores do sell disposables that could help you get by for a few days. The quality on these things can be hit or miss though, and the prices tend to be a bit high.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Some tobacco shops sell Ego blister packs (battery, clearomizer and charger). I looked at some in a shop here. They were about $25. They also had e-liquid. It's probably not great but might be vapeable.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Those eGo things are pretty famous for messing up. You can usually find at the least disposable cigalikes at convenience and drug stores to get you over a tough spot. I recommend you upgrade your gear and stop messing with it. An iStick 30 and a Nautilus tank will fix it.

Reactions: David Wolf

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
There is no reason to turn off a battery, esp. any kind of ego battery, unless you are going to be carrying it and don't want it to accidentally go off. the amount of power one consumes by just "sitting" is not going to run it down while you are sitting at your desk.

If you sit at desk a lot and worried that your batts will wear down, you may want to consider a pass thru battery.......then you can keep the usb plugged in to battery and then to your computer (I would use a usb hub, they are under $10, that uses its own power plug, which is what i use for my camera, etc.).

I dont' agree that evod/ego type 650 batteries are "bad". There are thousands of people using them, the point is that you have to have THE RIGHT TOPPERS (clearomizers) on them so as not to wear down your battery. Single coils like the TS3, Evod, protank minis, etc.

When people try to put all those newer clearos like nautilus etc. onto an ego/spinnner/evod battery, the battery is under-powered to use those type of clearomizers. It not only gives a terribly weak vape, but the battery will run out very quickly.

For out and about, I use a simple Kanger Evod kit with kanger evod clearos, or TS3 clearos at 1.8ohm or 2.2ohm coils and they give a great vape, and dont' wear my batteries down.. I can make it thru entire day with just 2 evod batteries. They aren't even VV.

The key to a good vape is properly matching the battery (power source) to the clearomizer (delivery device) and the right coils in them.

IF your batts are not holding a charge very well, either they are being over-stressed with the wrong clearo/coils, or, the batteries are knockoffs or were sitting in stock too long when sold to you and began to just lose their potentcy.

So yes, you are due for a new system. If you WANT to stick with tube shaped batteries, and nothing "too big", and don't want to move to a box-shaped battery (which is mostly what is for sale now) , then I will make these suggestions:

SHOPPING LIST:

1) If you like Aspire stuff, you might like this VV battery, it's 1600 mah and should last you most of the day, but you should always buy 2. This one is is spring loaded, and bottom has VV dial:
Aspire CF VV Battery - 1600mah - Black
Authentic Aspire™ CF VV+ Variable Voltage Battery - Vapor Authority

2) GENUINE ASPIRE™ PREMIUM STARTER KIT (NAUTILUS MINI AND CF VV+ BATTERY)
This one is also nice though a bit pricey, but comes with a nautilus mini, a variable voltage battery that is 1000 mah (should last you about 8 hours). You would probably not have to upgrade any time soon. you would get a nautilus tank with 5 coils in the kit, so last a few weeks to start off:
Aspire™ Premium Starter Kit (Nautilus Mini / CF VV+ Battery) - Vapor Authority

Or this one:
Kanger Emow Starter Kit - Authentic Kangertech™- Vapor Authority

And many many people just start off with this, as a matter of fact, I still use mine daily:
Kanger EVOD Starter Kit - Authentic Kangertech™ - Vapor Authority

simple, small, gives a very nice vape. Looks nice and matchy. Kit comes w/5 extra coils (they are single coils not the newest stuff though).

2) Other "stick shaped" batteries would be a Vision Spinner VV or Innokin VV V3. Both nice variable voltage batteries.
Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 Battery
Vision Spinner 2 Battery 1600mAh

or the older vision spinner 1300mah:
Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh

which is a very solid battery, used by thousands, 1300mah should last you most of the day, w/2 you will not have to charge at all for day

3) Ego One 1100 model, very small, will fit in a pocket:
Joyetech eGo ONE Kit - Joyetech Wismec - Starter Kits

My suggestion is to look thru all these, look at the size and shape, then look at the HEIGHT to decide if going to be too long or short for you. We all have personal preferences.

----------------------------------------------------
4) Box shaped: If you can do a *box shaped* and you can handle that form factor, then you should consider an iStick 30 or Innokin Coolfire4. etc. Won't break the bank either.

I am getting that you are not wanting a box shape at this time yet.

---------------------------------------------------

5) Anything not a smaller stick,or a box shape, is going to move you up to a bigger "mod". they are fatter, heavier, and usually take separate IMR litium batteries, which are also going to require a standalone charger for those batteries.

if you want to spend more $$, and have an extremely reliable "mod" that will last you many years, then one of the Provape Provari's would be perfect. they are much larger,thicker and heavier than what you are using now. So don't qualfy as a "stick". YOu will have to buy a good IMR battery charger, and some nice AW IMR batteries to go with it. I would suggest however that you research those a bit more carefully and figure out exactly which one you want first, since there are many models and you don't want to be spending your money on a system until you are more CLEAR about what you want from it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Last but not least, Juniemarie---it HELPS to see stuff. That other people own. If you are female then here is some stuff to look at. You might SEE what you want. Spend the evening browsing here: start at last page and work backwards! BOOKMARK IT

Show us your girly, pretty, decorated, pink!

this is the best way to shop, IMHO. :)

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I'm not sure why you would be advised to turn the battery off when it's sitting
in a holder by your desk awaiting your next vape. But my question as to your
problem would be what tank are you using on the battery? If it's anything more
complicated than a single coil clearo/tank such as Evods or t3s then I would
think there's your problem - the batt can't keep up with the tank. I have egos/
spinners/twists here that are several years old, with no issues. In fact they come
in handy at times. I'd also wonder what type of juice you're vaping as maybe
the coil is gunked up? That could drain the batt and cause it to mess up.
3rd idea is to clean it thoroughly around all contacts. Good luck.

Reactions: Racehorse

juniemarie

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2015
Albuquerque NM
A big thanks to everyone who chimed in with advice and suggestions. I got a bit frantic due to TG preparations, and store closings, my packing for my move and because of all that I don't have a spare minute right now to do the research and reading I would like to be doing. I had to get something ASAP and didn't want to end up running to 7-11 for some expensive crappy disposable thing on TG day,I ran over to the only Vape store near me and bought a authentic KangerTech Evod 1000mah battery. Tonight Ill see how it works and if it solves any or all of my crazy batt. problems.
After I get though TG and all that it is requiring of me I can resume my e-cigarette studies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    "Turning it off" doesn't really. It just tells the microchip to ignore button presses except the combination that turns it back on ... which it has to sit there and look for continously even when "off".

For pocket use, it's a very good thing, although the ones that really need it (unrecessed buttons) can also turn themselves back on in a pocket too.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2013
    Turkiye
    All the changes are due to your coils ohmage.
    Electrical devices dont change moods according to whim. If they give less vape they do it always not sometimes.
    You always need spares so I gather yo have a second one too. If not get it at once. (And while you are at it get a better one 1100 - 1300 mah would do better and a passthrough but not for always for the hard times only. I dont recommend using a battery while charging)
    Now when a battery works better sometimes and worse other times it is the reason of your coil.
    you need 1.5 - 2.0 ohms of coils. and they have to be clean. after a while it collects gunk on, resulting less vapour. (Look at the dry burn an you tube for your particular atomiser.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread