BF Mods by Custom-Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Holy cow... Brasso really stinks. I picked up a bottle while I was in Lowes last night and whiffed it when I got home. Yuck. I'm planning on doing some CC maintenance tonight and am wondering if the smell of Brasso lingers? If so, I probably won't use it on my mods.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Holy cow... Brasso really stinks. I picked up a bottle while I was in Lowes last night and whiffed it when I got home. Yuck. I'm planning on doing some CC maintenance tonight and am wondering if the smell of Brasso lingers? If so, I probably won't use it on my mods.

I used Brasso on mine and as long as you clean off the residual there is no lingering smell. Make sure that there isn't any remaining in the magnet aligning holes in the bottom of the mod, they run pretty deep.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I used Brasso on mine and as long as you clean off the residual there is no lingering smell. Make sure that there isn't any remaining in the magnet aligning holes in the bottom of the mod, they run pretty deep.

Awesome, thanks!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Awesome, thanks!

I should have added, I used 93% isopropyl to clean off the residual. Next time I will plug the holes on the bottom before applying the brasso but a q-tip with most of the cotton, but not all, pulled off the end works well for getting down in there and getting out any remaining.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Do you all use anything to lube the button? My button was sticking a bit (long story short) so I took it out and wiped it down with alcohol, but still not as "springy" as it was. Maybe Deoxit Gold?

I haven't used anything as a lube. In situations like a button, I have found in my experience any lube just serves to attract and retain dirt and grit. I do wipe it down with alcohol, as well as the opening, every other battery change or so.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Do you all use anything to lube the button? My button was sticking a bit (long story short) so I took it out and wiped it down with alcohol, but still not as "springy" as it was. Maybe Deoxit Gold?
Lube isn't good in those areas for hiking. It'll attract dust and dirt and stick faster.

Disassemble
Clean with alcohol
Repeat as necessary

Tapatyped

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I should have added, I used 93% isopropyl to clean off the residual. Next time I will plug the holes on the bottom before applying the brasso but a q-tip with most of the cotton, but not all, pulled off the end works well for getting down in there and getting out any remaining.

I use a pipe cleaner with good results.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Goods will be a discussion maybe about as intense as just hammering out the print, maybe moreso. It will involve my friend putting his hands on actual product at their local wholesale supplier to begin with.

Rest assured, if it exists, you will know in time whether it can be sourced for you or if you're going to have to purchase it and send it in.

A young bull once said to his father, "dad, how about we run down to that pasture and screw us one o' them cows?".

The older bull replied, "son, how about we walk down and screw them all?".

This may be a slow process... especially with holidays... and the shop shutting down once or twice for them...

But it will be done thoroughly. ;)

I'm very .... about my purchases. Hence how I find myself here with quality loving, like minded people.

Tapatyped

Anything you decide is good by me.:thumbs:
Don't drive yourself crazy on this, judging by the outcome of your CC I'm sure whatever you decide will look great!
Even though input is great, and we all have our moments of brilliance here, you can't and won't please everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving!:toast:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
@custom-classic ,would it be possible to make a 2nd button with the flange on bottom a little thicker to accomadate the throw issues for shorter batteries? just a thought...

Indeed! I can accommodate special requests, in this regard. :thumb:

I use Renn. Wax in the button hole, applied with a q-tip. Just remember to remove the excess with the other end of the q-tip. You could also try some silicone spray. It'll make things slippery, without attracting any dirt and debris... It is important to keep your button and button hole clean, with alcohol preferably. :)

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
With the anticipation of family time, eating, drinking and of course football, I don't see being at my PC tomorrow so........
thSJHVIX7Y.jpg
to everyone!:toast::vapor:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Indeed! I can accommodate special requests, in this regard. :thumb:

I use Renn. Wax in the button hole, applied with a q-tip. Just remember to remove the excess with the other end of the q-tip. You could also try some silicone spray. It'll make things slippery, without attracting any dirt and debris... It is important to keep your button and button hole clean, with alcohol preferably. :)

He said button hole...

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
With the anticipation of family time, eating, drinking and of course football, I don't see being at my PC tomorrow so........
View attachment 509000 to everyone!:toast::vapor:

I won't be at my PC but the iPad is a different story.

But just in case, Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread