Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Volts Divided by Ohm's equals Amps...

3.6 Volts Divided by 0.4 Ohms Equals 9 Amps
3.6 Volts Divided by 0.3 Ohms Equals 12 Amps
3.6 Volts Divided by 0.2 Ohms Equals 18 Amps
3.6 Volts Divided by 0.1 Ohms Equals 36 Amps
3.6 Volts Divided by 0.05 Ohms Equals 72 Amps

See how quickly it starts multiplying at lower ohm's? That right there is why we need to be careful, drawing 72 amps off of a 20amp rated battery will be pretty damn close to a dead short...

I never go lower than .3 for safety reasons...

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
E leaf istick 20w
I was trying to look up for the battery name but I didn't get anything, someone said it was 5.5 but they weren't sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I were you I'd stick around 1.2ohms at 19 watts for decent performance.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
E leaf istick 20w
I was trying to look up for the battery name but I didn't get anything, someone said it was 5.5 but they weren't sure

As someone else stated the Eleaf 20w will fire down to 1 ohm I believe it was. It will not fire if you put too low of an ohm device on it. since it is an internal battery and a regulated device the amps is irrelevant on it.
Devices that have replaceable batteries is where you have to be sure to get the right battery that will handle the amps your atomizer will require.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
My understanding before this was that watts and volts were how much power being put on the coil just in different ways to read. Is that correct?

Watts are volts x amperes. They are not the same. Now that said, as amperes are typically constant on a DC devices, any variance in wattage will be a result of a variance in voltage.

So if you're running a VV/VW mod, they will be somewhat interchangeable.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Download the app called "Ohm's Law" from the App Store. You provide two variables and it calculates the rest. Before firing any coil, make sure to throw the build on an ohm meter prior. Be safe!

Could not agree more or say it better.

Turning your mod into a pipe bomb Is never s good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread