Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yolie

Nov 25, 2015
Hello everyone. I'll just quickly introduce myself. I'm Dan from London UK. Been a vapist for best part of the year. Was smoking nearly 20 cigs a day before I got my kangertech subtank mini and haven't had a cigarette since.

I joined the forum mainly because I was looking at the uwell Crown and wondered if it will fit the k-box for a start, but also to find out other peoples opinions on the tank.

Also the shop I buy my liquids from has a limited range of brands ie. Element, beard, Cosmic Fog, Relentless and a couple of others. Would like to be recommended some good brands to try.

In the near future I want to branch out and get a new MOD aswell so tell me what's good.

Thanks in advance peeps.

Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi Dan! Welcome :)

The Crown will fit the Kbox.

I cancelled my orders for Uwell crowns and atomizers as my mods simply aren't powerful enough. Even with a 40w in the post, I'm still not getting one.

In general *for me* at the moment, larger tanks and higher power are off the radar.
Planning for May 2016. Sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

Yolie

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks for the replies. Not sure of all the lingo tbh so you will have to help me out. At the moment I run my Vape on the rba deck it came with. I rebuild the coil once a week or fortnight. I make a dual coil with as little cotton I can that normally reads between 0.5 and 0.6 ohms. I run it at 30w. Thats all I've done since I burnt out the coils that came with it.

Not travelled at all so don't know what RDA is or sub-ohm or anything else.

This mod can run at 50w. Will that not be enough power for the crown tank?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Yolie. Glad to have you here!

I have the Crown and I love it. I have only used the 0.25Ω coil which I vape at 80-90 watts. Your K-Box wont have enough power to do this coil justice. However, there are other higher Ω coils.
This mod can run at 50w. Will that not be enough power for the crown tank?
Check out these reviews for the different coils and how they perform:

Yolie

Nov 25, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @Yolie. Glad to have you here!

I have the Crown and I love it. I have only used the 0.25Ω coil which I vape at 80-90 watts. Your K-Box wont have enough power to do this coil justice. However, there are other higher Ω coils.

Check out these reviews for the different coils and how they perform:
Thanks. So I'd be better off buying the 0.5 coils?

What MOD do you recommend?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thanks. So I'd be better off buying the 0.5 coils?

What MOD do you recommend?
Yes, but read and watch the video to confirm this.

I use an iStick 100 watt only because I found it on sale for $35. It performs well but the buttons do rattle and are very cheap (as compared to the buttons on the other iSticks). I knew this before I purchased it.

Would have purchased something else but had not/and still have not decided on a high wattage mod (+100 watts) that can run in temperature control as well.

Yolie

Nov 25, 2015
Yes, but read and watch the video to confirm this.

I use an iStick 100 watt only because I found it on sale for $35. It performs well but the buttons do rattle and are very cheap (as compared to the buttons on the other iSticks). I knew this before I purchased it.

Would have purchased something else but had not/and still have not decided on a high wattage mod (+100 watts) that can run in temperature control as well.

OK I'll watch the video when I get home. Thanks for your help. I'll have a look around for a MOD. Read some good things about the crown so I want to use it at its full potential. ☺

Reactions: Susan~S

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK I'll watch the video when I get home. Thanks for your help. I'll have a look around for a MOD. Read some good things about the crown so I want to use it at its full potential. ☺

Just be careful where you buy Dan.

London is the home of an infamous "we only charge full price" and arrogant e-cig company. There are 1,000s of threads about them. Horrible.

Personally, I don't know why people shop there. It takes 20 seconds to google the price of something.

Check out Kingz of Vapour for regulated mods.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello everyone. I'll just quickly introduce myself. I'm Dan from London UK. Been a vapist for best part of the year. Was smoking nearly 20 cigs a day before I got my kangertech subtank mini and haven't had a cigarette since.

I joined the forum mainly because I was looking at the Uwell Crown and wondered if it will fit the k-box for a start, but also to find out other peoples opinions on the tank.

Also the shop I buy my liquids from has a limited range of brands ie. Element, Beard, Cosmic Fog, Relentless and a couple of others. Would like to be recommended some good brands to try.

In the near future I want to branch out and get a new MOD aswell so tell me what's good.

Thanks in advance peeps.

Yes the uwell crown will fit the k-box;
it is a standard interface : 510 thread interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread