Status
Not open for further replies.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
I beat the snot out of mine.

I have some that have been rewrapped twice at least.

Then again, I don't have to go looking or asking anything about batteries except what's the latest and greatest and how does it perform...

If I were clueless, I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Tapatyped
If you were clueless you wouldn't know you were taking any chances!

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Due to the nature of these products there’s no warranty. Mechanical Mods are for experienced vapers, that are aware of how to use unregulated devices. It requires technical knowledge in order to use properly. Before purchasing a mech mod we suggest you looking at our mech mod Blog or our videos. Feel free to call and speak to vape technician

This is because
  • You contacts must be properly adjusted to make sure you mod is working properly
  • Contacts must be cleaned if you’re not getting a strong hit
  • Must make sure mod is locked so it doesn’t auto fire
  • Whatever RDA or Tank you’re using must make sure you’re using the right type of battery.
  • Need to be aware of voltage level in battery if battery is exhausted you run the risk of messing up your mod

From vaporbeast ^^^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced User Item. Use AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOTE: There is an inherent risk with the use of any and all rechargeable batteries in any circumstance. VaporDNA™ and any and all of VaporDNA™'s parent and subsidiary companies are not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). VaporDNA™ and any and all of VaporDNA™'s parent and subsidiary companies are not responsible for any damage caused by the misuse and/or mishandling of Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable batteries and chargers.

Use special caution when working with Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells, as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells in charging, discharging, assembly and storage before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. Do not use any rechargeable battery as well as any battery charger if any visible damage is present, as well as if the cell or charger has been stressed through mishandling, accidental or otherwise, even if damage may not be visible. Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container in a controlled environment. Dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance to local laws and mandates.

VaporDNA™ will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable battery/batteries. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.

From vapordna ^^^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. DiscountVapers is not responsible for any damages or injuries sustained from the misuse or abuse of this product. DiscountVapers does not manufacture this product.

2. We strongly recommend a safety fuse and contiinued inspection of the battery you will be using each and every time you remove it for charging.3. We strongly recommend that you purchase IMR type batteries for this mod and also not cheap off the shelf types.
4. Although you can put two batteries in many mods mod it is NOT recommended, in fact it is strongly discouraged. Stacking batteries in a mechanical mod like this can damage your attached devices and cause damage to the mod and your person. If you purchase this item you do so agreeing you will not do this at any time!
5. A mechanical mod has NO protection and outputs exactly what the battery outputs, there are no curcuits for protection, a mechanical is basically just a shell for a battery.
5. It is becoming popular to do "subohms" on mechanical mods. We do not cover subohm vaping in any way and do not condone it. Please note that a mechanical mod has NO protection. You must use proper batteries with the required amp draw and be familiar with all aspects of sub or even low ohms (anything below 1.6ohms) before using this mod in that manner or you WILL cause damage to the mod, the attached device and/or yourself. DiscountVapers provides NO information on subohm vaping and we consider it dangerous, please do NOT use this mod for subohms.

While you can do whatever you like with your purchases, we ask that you practice safety with your devices and batteries and if you have questions you contact us first or consult a reputable source before using a mechanical mod. If this is your first mechanical mod, please do not hesitate to ask any questions before using.

From discountvapers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It can't get any clearer, this is what people are saying needs to be done, warnings and waivers. This goes to show people are either not reading or not listening. I agree there are the less than honest types selling things to people but it's not hard to see that there are things in place to stop people from getting hurt and/or saying I didn't know. I can't comment on local shops, as I have not been to every single one but I do know that not all of them are bad.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
It's just this kind of $#!+ that's going to have us all using Vuse, Blu or nothing.
Early on there were a few of the blu and ones like it that blew up as well. It's about education, handling and care. No different than any thing else that can be harmful if misused that's the bottom line the news should focus on the shop and the user simple as that. Ignorance is no excuse that man looks somewhat intelligent and is trying to cash in on this. How else does the news media get involved while he is at the hospital getting treated? If it was me I would be concerned about my face or wifeys not calling the local news to come film us and immediately mentioning an attorney.

Reactions: mattiem

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
If you were clueless you wouldn't know you were taking any chances!
My personality traits completely defy your logic.

As does my logic.

As does elementary school teaching of potential energy.

Hence why I sought out knowledge about the batteries I use.

Because when I was clueless, common sense prevailed and told me stored potential energy could become kinetic at any time. I felt it was important to know when, how, why and to what degree.

So as to your comment as to what *I* would do, you couldn't possibly be further from correct.

Tapatyped

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego

As does my logic.

Because when I was clueless, common sense prevailed and told me stored potential energy could become kinetic at any time. I felt it was important to know when, how, why and to what degree.

So as to your comment as to what *I* would do, you couldn't possibly be further from correct.

Tapatyped
Point taken!
Guys like you and I who actually paid attention to kool science stuff are unfortunately uncommon everywhere but this forum. That's why I sometimes I like to consider myself a mutant. Because of the stupid things I see "PEOPLE" do and say most of the time there is no way I'm part of that species of Homo Sapien!

Reactions: beckdg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Kids today. Faces planted in cell phone screens. Zero people skills. Zero interaction. Intelligence entropy. Legalized pot. Hey bro, I'm gonna screw this atty topper on and vape. I thought the comment about teaching kids how to tell time really says it all.

Hybrid + non-adjustable pinned atomizer = disaster? I know that. Continuous discharge rating of battery and coil resistance? checked. Safe IMR battery? Yes, I have Sony VTC3 with 30A continuous discharge rate. Is my rda leaking down to the top cap? nope, checked that. Battery isn't overcharged or below 3.5V, right? yep, connected to voltmeter and it reads 4.06V, so good. ...and I thought I got it all, having spent a whole lot of time on researching about mech mods for few months.
Well, today I just found out that putting a scratched battery (the wrapper of the VTC3 had a little hole) is one of the most dangerous thing you could do on a mech mod. Jesus christ, I could have shorted/vented my battery out! and the mech mod I'm using right now is a manhattan clone, which isn't exactly known for a good ventilation. (at least mine doesn't have a good air hole.)
The point is, other than me being an idiot for not even thinking about simple and obvious danger, that as long as there isn't a comprehensive and structural way of acquiring safety knowledge about mech mods, internet searches and youtube videos will leave a gap in your learning. At this point, I think someone should be writing effing books about mech mods. I mean, vaping stores could just stock them up in the store like a vaping bible or whatever so people could just buy it and have a decent integrated and comprehensive guide about mech mods.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Hybrid + non-adjustable pinned atomizer = disaster? I know that. Continuous discharge rating of battery and coil resistance? checked. Safe IMR battery? Yes, I have Sony VTC3 with 30A continuous discharge rate. Is my rda leaking down to the top cap? nope, checked that. Battery isn't overcharged or below 3.5V, right? yep, connected to voltmeter and it reads 4.06V, so good. ...and I thought I got it all, having spent a whole lot of time on researching about mech mods for few months.
Well, today I just found out that putting a scratched battery (the wrapper of the VTC3 had a little hole) is one of the most dangerous thing you could do on a mech mod. Jesus christ, I could have shorted/vented my battery out! and the mech mod I'm using right now is a manhattan clone, which isn't exactly known for a good ventilation. (at least mine doesn't have a good air hole.)
The point is, other than me being an idiot for not even thinking about simple and obvious danger, that as long as there isn't a comprehensive and structural way of acquiring safety knowledge about mech mods, internet searches and youtube videos will leave a gap in your learning. At this point, I think someone should be writing effing books about mech mods. I mean, vaping stores could just stock them up in the store like a vaping bible or whatever so people could just buy it and have a decent integrated and comprehensive guide about mech mods.
Are your batteries real tight? is there enough room between the inside of mech & the battery to slide a thin piece of cardboard or mylar rolled around the battery between them? just asking cuz this is a solution I came up with that I don't own a mech to try it on.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I've read a bunch of threads about injuries
Are your batteries real tight? is there enough room between the inside of mech & the battery to slide a thin piece of cardboard or mylar rolled around the battery between them? just asking cuz this is a solution I came up with that I don't own a mech to try it on.

Do like a buddy of mine did, wrap the inside of the mech with electrical tape

Reactions: haleysdadda

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Guys? Have we just gone from furiously demanding better venting in mechs to giving advice on stuffing ones tubes?

Hybrid + non-adjustable pinned atomizer = disaster? I know that.

Also check to see if the atties' center pin can be pushed up. If it can, it's not advised to use one with a hybrid adapter. Some atties use a soft insulator which makes this an issue.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Kids today. Faces planted in cell phone screens. Zero people skills. Zero interaction. Intelligence entropy. Legalized pot. Hey bro, I'm gonna screw this atty topper on and vape. I thought the comment about teaching kids how to tell time really says it all.

Oh please. The first 20 years we had cars were filled with people mangling each other and ripping around at 30+ miles an hour for the first time in human history, without seatbelts, in wooden boxes with wheels, leading to straight up horror-film level scenes of carnage on a regular basis.

Everybody here has parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents who spent decades living in very serious risk of burning their house down because they didn't understand circuit loads and why you shouldn't plug 50 things into a single outlet.

Consumers will never go out of their way to learn the ins and outs of new technology. Never. At any age. Regardless of what you think about how that should figure into whether or not we need regulation, it has nothing to do with "kids these days."

You were "kids these days."

Your parents were "kids these days."

Your grandparents were "kids these days."

There is no such thing as an unusually stupid or careless generation. We are all consistently dumb, and have been for 200,000 years.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

As does my logic.

Tapatyped

That's because you were not clueless. ;)

I still remember the thread here on ecf where the guy wanted to know which was the positive end of his battery, because his batteries only said which were the + & - ends.

Reactions: Woofer

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Oh please. The first 20 years we had cars were filled with people mangling each other and ripping around at 30+ miles an hour for the first time in human history, without seatbelts, in wooden boxes with wheels, leading to straight up horror-film level scenes of carnage on a regular basis.

At least we got rid of the runaway horses and oxen stampeding through town... with people in wheeled wooden boxes strapped to their backs. :D

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    That's because you were not clueless. ;)

I still remember the thread here on ecf where the guy wanted to know which was the positive end of his battery, because his batteries only said which were the + & - ends.
    I'm not the first to put a fork in a socket.

I just learned from the experience. ;)

Tapatyped

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread