FDA White House petition to Obama 100k goal has been met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Awesome. I tried, twice, to vote but the email to confirm my vote wouldn't open either time so I couldn't get my name on there. It's the strangest thing, I've never had email that wouldn't open like that. I'm hoping it didn't happen to lots of other people too.
Similar issue here. I would not get the email period.

I am not a fan of the petition system anyway. The White House already demonstrated this petition venue is a farce anyway. For those who don't remember the last petition, It was responded to over a year later. The response was not what we were looking for to say the least.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Awesome. I tried, twice, to vote but the email to confirm my vote wouldn't open either time so I couldn't get my name on there. It's the strangest thing, I've never had email that wouldn't open like that. I'm hoping it didn't happen to lots of other people too.
Happened to me, too. I had multiple other problems, also.

First, using Iceweasel browser (Linux), it wouldn't acknowledge that I clicked after filling out the form. I switched to Google Chrome, and that part worked, but I was getting a 404 with the confirmation link. I tried clicking on a different link in the email, and that took me to the confirmation page successfully, and it said it went through. I keep going back to look to see if I show up on the list, but it hasn't happened, at least in the first 15 minutes or so.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Happened to me, too. I had multiple other problems, also.

First, using Iceweasel browser (Linux), it wouldn't acknowledge that I clicked after filling out the form. I switched to Google Chrome, and that part worked, but I was getting a 404 with the confirmation link. I tried clicking on a different link in the email, and that took me to the confirmation page successfully, and it said it went through. I keep going back to look to see if I show up on the list, but it hasn't happened, at least in the first 15 minutes or so.

Mine finally showed up on the list. I don't have much technical expertise, but I think there's something wrong with the formatting of the email they sent, and I suspect the petition page isn't completely compliant with standards, causing Iceweasel (a version of Firefox) not to work properly. That seems to happen a lot for me with Linux, which I use because it's free, and I can't afford the mainsteam operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread