Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I'd like to post a few excerpts from PM's I saved over the years .. just a little pre-Thanksgiving Day remembrance .. as I browsed thru these, I believe something must have gotten in my eye ..

Debbie / my4jewels .. "Inspite of our differences, we are a pretty tight knit group, kinda like a family, and we care about one another." ..

"Time does seem to move faster as we get older, at least I think so. Funny that I should inspire you. Last night, my thoughts were also of summer coming to a close, and I found myself having a total meltdown, wondering if this was my last summer. If I allow myself to entertain those thoughts for more than a nanosecond, they take me over. My eyes are still puffy from crying. I gave myself 20 minutes to have a pity party, and then said, "That's it"! Today I am much better emotionally. Yep, it's all about perspective. "

old hippy .. "Sometimes, I would just like to walk out my front door, with my guitar and a spare pair of undies, and start hitch hiking somewhere far away. Just keep going for days with no place in mind. Facing the fear- knowing that no one or nothing could ever do more than just kill me, and that nothing could ever hurt more than the hell I had already lived through, then could come back home and be ok for a year or so. I am trying to "come out" again via this Thread." ..

my old Friend Randall .. txtumbleweed .. "If I don't get my miracle I don't think I have much longer, Maybe a few months maybe a few weeks just never been down this trail before so I don't know what to expect. I've been enjoying my new grand daughter and I've been able to baby sit her a few hours everyday this week. Cherish it while I can"

a shout out to williegntx who met his first love in Anaheim, CA in 1960 ..

The commonality that stands out in these and many others is, no one asked for anything more than to be heard .. to voice feelings that they held and needed to get out .. because, is that not what Humanity is all about .. ?? The importance of making a connection and knowing someone is truly thinking of them .. Although many on the thread volunteered well wishes and prayer, it was given as a gift, not a request .. for the true intent, at least in my way of thinking, a gift is freely given, if it is given wholeheartedly .. whether you are a believer or not .. I mark these and many others as among the strongest people I have ever known .. and I count myself fortunate to have spent some time with them here in our corner, by the fire ..

And to all that have come and gone over the years, thanks .. and thanks to all that are here now ..

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I'd like to post a few excerpts from PM's I saved over the years .. just a little pre-Thanksgiving Day remembrance .. as I browsed thru these, I believe something must have gotten in my eye ..

Debbie / my4jewels .. "Inspite of our differences, we are a pretty tight knit group, kinda like a family, and we care about one another." ..

"Time does seem to move faster as we get older, at least I think so. Funny that I should inspire you. Last night, my thoughts were also of summer coming to a close, and I found myself having a total meltdown, wondering if this was my last summer. If I allow myself to entertain those thoughts for more than a nanosecond, they take me over. My eyes are still puffy from crying. I gave myself 20 minutes to have a pity party, and then said, "That's it"! Today I am much better emotionally. Yep, it's all about perspective. "

old hippy .. "Sometimes, I would just like to walk out my front door, with my guitar and a spare pair of undies, and start hitch hiking somewhere far away. Just keep going for days with no place in mind. Facing the fear- knowing that no one or nothing could ever do more than just kill me, and that nothing could ever hurt more than the hell I had already lived through, then could come back home and be ok for a year or so. I am trying to "come out" again via this Thread." ..

my old Friend Randall .. txtumbleweed .. "If I don't get my miracle I don't think I have much longer, Maybe a few months maybe a few weeks just never been down this trail before so I don't know what to expect. I've been enjoying my new grand daughter and I've been able to baby sit her a few hours everyday this week. Cherish it while I can"

a shout out to williegntx who met his first love in Anaheim, CA in 1960 ..

And to all that have come and gone over the years, thanks .. and thanks to all that are here now ..

Having recently gone back and read every post from day one forward on the porches.....you've really tugged at my heart strings. My first porch post was just 5 days after Randall started it. I so miss some of the people and the tone that the porches used to have. Thank you...:wub:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
images

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
OK ladies....put the keenex away.....has anyone else here discovered Elle King? :D

I can't post the link here......too close to Magic Mike.....:lol:.....but if you're feeling a little naughty......go to youtube....Ex's & Oh's.....;)

actually, I'm enjoying the whole album......Love Stuff ;)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
@MattB101 I take it you are going to have your mixing supplies with you right. I'm putting in an vapocolypse order from my buddy in Germany and I thought I might pick you up a 10ml bottle of the best strawberry you have ever had. Even my wife likes it cause it tastes like the strawberries out of her mom's garden. You only need about 2.25%.
Thanks. I appreciate it. Let me know what I owe you. I'll send you my address when you have it cause I don't want you sending it to the wrong place. You have my address in Hampton right?

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Doree and I running around packing and taking care of last minute stuff as we hadn't planned on leaving for another three weeks. Taking everything cept the kitchen sink as we will be gone almost two months.

You and Doree sure have a hectic life lately!Bet you're really glad that you have two homes to go to and not motels!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Love the videos Dave.....and love that you've found a satisfying hobby to play with. We all need to have happy distractions that we enjoy in our lives..:)
Not only that he found this wonderful hobby but that he can share it with us!

Being relatively new to the porches, I know I missed a lot through the years. I always saw them but never joined in. Wish I had sooner. The friendships found here are inspirational, and although I don't always comment or send well wishes, just know I read every post and in my heart those well wishes are bursting out. Just can't always put it in words or busy with other things (but I gotta check the porches!) . Here I am again at a loss for words. But I love you all and cherish each and every one.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
In the bathroom sink, or , it there's a lot, in the bath tub...don't ask me how i know.....
One long ago Thanksgiving I was preparing thanksgiving dinner for 30 in a very small apartment kitchen. About an hour before the guests were to arrive I had an "I Love Lucy" moment. Turned the hot water handle on the kitchen sink to wash up a few dishes quick and the handle blew off. Hot water shooting up nearly to the ceiling. So much straight hot water was running down under the sink we couldn't get to the water cutoff. We had to call the maintenance folks to turn off water to the building long enough for us to shut off the one under the sink. Then clean up the mess and go on with thanksgiving. With no dishwasher dinner dishes for 30 was an interesting prospect that night. ;)

The bathtub was full of the wet towels we used to clean up the mess. I actually hit Wal Mart at midnight to get one of those old fashioned dish tubs so I could wash dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread