Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Leaves everywhere! My leaf blower crapped out a week back and just got another one today. Practically need a bulldozer.
One plus (and minus) of our house is its so darn windy all the leaves blow on down the road to someone else's yard haha. Have never had to rake here except getting the few stuck ones out of the flower beds come spring. I go ahead and leave them all winter, figure it's like a blanket of fertilizer haha
Greetings from sunny CA! We got in late last night, and spent today getting settled. We will stay until after New Year's. I brought my workstation, and the change of scenery is great.

I have a nifty IKEA tabletop desk with detachable legs that we decided to bring. It has a cool slide out keyboard tray that I mounted onto it. Unfortunately, while carrying it to the truck, that heavy tray slid out and the tip of my index finger was in its path. Might have broken it, but definitely bashed it good. Picked up a splint. Nothing ice and ibuprofen can't get me through. But - OW! I will NOT post pictures though. I'm looking at you, Chak. :glare: :facepalm: :)

Great news on the house!!! Appraisal came in at the contract price. One request to deal with - 3 steps and railing for the door going to the backyard from the livingroom. That door is bolted shut, but the govt requirements still consider it a safety hazard. Not a big deal. Getting an estimate for it. Settlement can proceed on 12/29! :thumbs: I have extra thanks to give this Thanksgiving. :)
Ouch :( but yayyy! I'm excited for you. And still terrified of selling my own house next year [emoji23]
Some may have guessed, watched The Avengers today and was wondering what Ironman was referring to at the end of the movie so I looked it up. Sounds delicious and I think I have all the ingredients. Let y'all know how it turns out...

@Bunnykiller I told you, you need to vape slower. ;)

@PapawBrett What else we got to do beside be grumpy, yard work? Screw that! :D

oh, crap! No cumin. Maybe fennel will do just as well, I know it's an entirely different taste but who knows...
You mean people follow recipes? I always end up substituting something or other. But I'm also of the "yeah sure that looks like a teaspoon/cup whatever. Good enough" variety. Lol I only measure when I bake, regular meals are a surprise every time

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Greetings from sunny CA! We got in late last night, and spent today getting settled. We will stay until after New Year's. I brought my workstation, and the change of scenery is great.

I have a nifty IKEA tabletop desk with detachable legs that we decided to bring. It has a cool slide out keyboard tray that I mounted onto it. Unfortunately, while carrying it to the truck, that heavy tray slid out and the tip of my index finger was in its path. Might have broken it, but definitely bashed it good. Picked up a splint. Nothing ice and ibuprofen can't get me through. But - OW! I will NOT post pictures though. I'm looking at you, Chak. :glare: :facepalm: :)

Great news on the house!!! Appraisal came in at the contract price. One request to deal with - 3 steps and railing for the door going to the backyard from the livingroom. That door is bolted shut, but the govt requirements still consider it a safety hazard. Not a big deal. Getting an estimate for it. Settlement can proceed on 12/29! :thumbs: I have extra thanks to give this Thanksgiving. :)
Great news on the house, LA. That surely is something to be thankful for. Wow, so you'll be in CA till the end of the year, that's quite a long stay. You didn't forget to turn the electric off at the Vegas home, did you? Sorry about your finger though - bet you have a doozie of a bruise... Feel better soon.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Enjoy your trip and hope you get rid of that damn house!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Up at 3am to drive 18 miles to work, 21 miles to store, 21 miles back to the yard, and 18 miles home. Don't know if I can handle all that ;)
Thankfully I am off Friday. This is the worst travel weekend of the year. I think I'll just lay around the house and get fat(ter) or Mamaw's ccoking and watch TV.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day, and a Great Thanksgiving Holiday :)
Don't forget the old man nap to sleep off that food coma.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
You mean people follow recipes? I always end up substituting something or other. But I'm also of the "yeah sure that looks like a teaspoon/cup whatever. Good enough" variety. Lol I only measure when I bake, regular meals are a surprise every time
Yeah, I like to follow them at least the first time I make something - the second and third times I may or may not change it depending on how it was by the book. I decided not to make it tonight as I didn't have any paprika either. So now I'll wait till I get some more spices before I try it. Need to get some sesame paste as well for the Tahini sauce, or at least some seeds to mash up. I also like to measure each time. Now Mama Chak, on the other hand, cooks more like you, Always. ;)

Well, it's getting late and I'm thinking it's time for bed.
Good night Army.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Oh, PS. Happy Thai New Year!

That's what the float festival is all about - loading up all your troubles of the past year onto a float and sailing them down the river washing the slate clean for the new year.

And in case I forget, Happy Thanksgiving too.

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
Back up after an hour and a half choking on my own stomach fluid. Man, I hate when that happens! Stomach fluid gets behind a bubble of gas and sends it up your throat - next thing you know you're gagging on it.

Anybody else have that happen?
Sam has

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Back up after an hour and a half choking on my own stomach fluid. Man, I hate when that happens! Stomach fluid gets behind a bubble of gas and sends it up your throat - next thing you know you're gagging on it.

Anybody else have that happen?
Oh yes. That is SO vile and toxic I always wonder how the human stomach doesn't just melt or burst into flames having that in it 24/7 when it happens. Eeeewwww

Calve

Fat Bob Squadron
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Sweet Home Alabama
Robin, I just had somebody go into my account page and change my password on this site. The email I got has their IP address in it. Is this something you're interested in?

Your password was changed by the IP 2602:306:cfa1:b110:184e:1133:bb9d:313.

ever notice how a boat sails so much better without the anchor dug into the mud ;) Welcome back RJ.... missed ya :)
I'm not one to be passive aggressive like that, but...

Reactions: DavidOH

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
??? You guys don't have to go over that. Maybe they didn't change it, but it is a fake change? I dunno. Just change it again, or have a mod to help you out.
hug2.gif

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope it is a wonderful one for everybody here.
gathering.gif

Users who are viewing this thread