Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hi Stanley,

The output fault 7 error is related to a bad capacitor. Very spotty. We have removed all of those components from inventory to be pro-active and switched to a different brand. While it's only been on a small number of units, we don't see this being a long term issue.
Great to hear! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi Stanley,

The output fault 7 error is related to a bad capacitor. Very spotty. We have removed all of those components from inventory to be pro-active and switched to a different brand. While it's only been on a small number of units, we don't see this being a long term issue.
Are there many American suppliers of electronic board components anymore?

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
A while back in this thread, I mentioned wanting a vertical screen layout. So, I decided to make a quick design to see what it would look like. Thought I'd share the results, as well as the Excel spreadsheet so you can play with it too. Perhaps somebody's design will inspire a future revision from ProVape.

I don't know the actual pixel dimensions of the screen, but based on the pixels that are in use, it looks like a 72x32 screen. The below screenshots are reduced by 1/6th of the working copy in Excel.

The current screen layout:
current_small.jpg

My quick vertical redesign, definitely not final. I played with the digits, so the math doesn't work out exactly correct anymore, but basically you have set wattage, voltage being applied to the atty, coil resistance, and battery voltage at the bottom. Obviously 3.3v is not a full battery as the icon displays either :p
vertical_small.jpg

The master document layout:
current.png

vertical.png

There is attention to detail from the original design, such as the spacing of the characters, including the period, the number of segments in the battery to provide the same number of voltage steps, etc. Like I said, it's a rough mock-up to satisfy my curiosity.

PS - Seems you can't attach .xlsx files. If anyone knows how, let me know and I'll attach the spreadsheet. Otherwise, PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Last edited:

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
No problem, there's a new sheriff in town
cat17.jpg
Here we go with the cats again! Let's try to keep this real, people.

Yes, there is a new Sheriff in town... and he'll be all over it. As soon as he wakes up from his nap.

midgeart.jpg

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got around to changing the red seals for "Ghost White" seals. Also just tried the new vertical coils - SO much better than the original coils. Original coils were 25W max; new coils are 15W-60W, and 30W seems to be just right.

Ghost_White.jpg

You can see the green battery on the left, and the halo around the display. There is quite a bit of light bleed-through from the colored LED, which I love. This will be my all-day (and especially all-night) for a while...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
A while back in this thread, I mentioned wanting a vertical screen layout. So, I decided to make a quick design to see what it would look like. Thought I'd share the results, as well as the Excel spreadsheet so you can play with it too. Perhaps somebody's design will inspire a future revision from ProVape.

I don't know the actual pixel dimensions of the screen, but based on the pixels that are in use, it looks like a 72x32 screen. The below screenshots are reduced by 1/6th of the working copy in Excel.

The current screen layout:
View attachment 509155

My quick vertical redesign, definitely not final. I played with the digits, so the math doesn't work out exactly correct anymore, but basically you have set wattage, voltage being applied to the atty, coil resistance, and battery voltage at the bottom. Obviously 3.3v is not a full battery as the icon displays either :p
View attachment 509156

The master document layout:
View attachment 509157

View attachment 509158

There is attention to detail from the original design, such as the spacing of the characters, including the period, the number of segments in the battery to provide the same number of voltage steps, etc. Like I said, it's a rough mock-up to satisfy my curiosity.

PS - Seems you can't attach .xlsx files. If anyone knows how, let me know and I'll attach the spreadsheet. Otherwise, PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Nice work! What's the little "8" above the "W?"

ETA: Oops, sorry. It is a placeholder for the decimal number of watts?

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
Or..better yet...my favorite vape accessory..the U-can. It goes on your keychain so you'll never be without juice.

UCAN-2.jpg

In action:
image_03.jpg

I need this in my life! Know any reputable vendors that carry them?

Edit: Mt. Baker Vapor has it in stock. Ordering right now.

Last edited:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Nice work! What's the little "8" above the "W?"

ETA: Oops, sorry. It is a placeholder for the decimal number of watts?

Yep, it's the tenths digit. I originally put that digit on the bottom, but then the units for the volts and ohms would have had to be on top, which looked funny without digits of their own.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I need this in my life! Know any reputable vendors that carry them?

Edit: Mt. Baker Vapor has it in stock. Ordering right now.

Make sure you get the V2 (or V3 if it's out). The V1 leaked. IIRC, the V1 had a longer needle?

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Make sure you get the V2 (or V3 if it's out). The V1 leaked. IIRC, the V1 had a longer needle?
I bet these would be good to have if using a kabuki since the capacity is so small. Might have to look into one for my wife. Not sure how much she goes through in a day, but she might like this idea.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hi Stanley,

I was going to mention those capacitors, but wasn't sure if you would want me too [emoji14]

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
LIST OF THOSE WHO WANT:
-STEALTH RADIUS-

1. Astro
2. HBcorpse
3. Freedom2Vape
4. Usmcotaku
5. Zombo
6. AlphaGuitarist
7. scotdc
8. Alongo
9. Jim-
10. Ramesses
11. Matcas
12. Siam Diesel (Carbon Fiber would work!)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
LIST OF THOSE WHO WANT:
-STEALTH RADIUS-

1. Astro
2. HBcorpse
3. Freedom2Vape
4. Usmcotaku
5. Zombo
6. AlphaGuitarist
7. scotdc
8. Alongo
9. Jim-
10. Ramesses
11. Matcas
12. Siam Diesel (Carbon Fiber would work!)
13. Carbon fiber stealth :D : ENAUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread