Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
My first eleaf died within 3 months. The replacement died within 3 months and the eVic VT died within 3 days of receipt.

joyetech refuses to resolve the eleaf matter and I am currently dealing with returning the 3rd joyetech product for a different item.

This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase another product from this lousy company again.

Joyetech has one of the best warranties in the business for foreign stuff........6 months, offered to both customer and the vendors.

Did you follow up with vendor and/or Joyetech on your eVic?

Eleaf is the subsidiary company of Shenzhen iSmoka Electronics Co., Ltd., which is a Shenzhen, China based company. Phone number is on us site. You might want to contact them as well about your 2 eleaf products dying:
Eleaf USA | Electronic Cigarette | E-Liquid | Vaporizer

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Joyetech has one of the best warranties in the business for foreign stuff........6 months, offered to both customer and the vendors.

Did you follow up with vendor and/or Joyetech on your eVic?

Eleaf is the subsidiary company of Shenzhen iSmoka Electronics Co., Ltd., which is a Shenzhen, China based company. Phone number is on us site. You might want to contact them as well about your 2 eleaf products dying:
Eleaf USA | Electronic Cigarette | E-Liquid | Vaporizer

Thats who I was dealing with on the first go around and their
Consider a high quality mechanical mod. It should last a lifetime & save money & frustration.

Good point. Have had a few but I do like the protection circuitry of the Box mods but I may end up just going back to them

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Since this was a complaint on eleaf I should in all fairness state that as of this morning the eleaf turned back on and is vaping steady right now at 50watts. Not sure how long this will last but I'll update if it continues or dies out again. Either way, I still wont be purchasing again with all the probems this device has given me.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Since this was a complaint on eleaf I should in all fairness state that as of this morning the eleaf turned back on and is vaping steady right now at 50watts. Not sure how long this will last but I'll update if it continues or dies out again. Either way, I still wont be purchasing again with all the probems this device has given me.

One more question, do you have a silicone skin on it? I've noticed those skins make a little thickness there by the USB connector, and the stick in on the charger but it's not actually charging. :) the usb connector doesn't make it in all the way sometimes, then you press it in, walk away, come back, and it is not charging again. I have taken the skins off to charge so that the connector makes better contact

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
What do you mean abusive. I don't hit or scream at my devices.

Doesn't explain the eVic dying in 3 days. I use it as I use my other devices which are fine after years of use. There have been a fair amount of users that have had similar instances as this.

One can't explain away two eleafs dying within the same amount of time. Or eVics dying within 3 days.

Have you used other products sucessfully for longer time periods? This is the most important question to rule out any user error. What toppers? And which istick?

Also, do you have standard wall outlets and adapters for charging? Diminished battery life is linked to either too much heat or too fast charging/discharging of a battery.

I also like what the guy said about mass production. Chinese manufacturers (like most USA large manufacturers) knows how to make a Lot of a product, and cheaply. The more you make, though...the more errors in production.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Cheap Chinese crap people. These things die early deaths more than people here care to admit.

For me, I had a Coolfire 4 die withing a week and the replacement died a month later with only a weeks worth of vaping. I've had 10 out of 10 evods leak severely. I sticks that fail to fire every 10th draw.

Oh I could go on at even greater length but I won't. This market is flooded with crap that has a shiny paint job.

You can contact "innokin paul" directly threw Reddit. He's handled a number of other innokin failures and they seem to take a personal interest in their products success.

One of the secrets is to know how to contact a company for the best results. I've used FB to send messages when I haven't gotten results from email that they list.

Eleaf is another issue. They left vendors high and dry when problems with the istick started showing up. That's a lot of bad pr and I'll always be cautious about owning another one of their devices. That is unusual. Many companies wouldn't survive that. Clouper ran into similar troubles but tried to make things right.

Aspire and Kanger include warrenties with their dealer contracts. They expect customers to return items directly to the vendor for replacement and the vendor returns faulty products back to them. It's hard to get them to do anything outside of that format unless you buy directly from them on their website, then that retail division is treated like another vendor.

Eleaf went to a similar system, or has tried to, buy not accepting returns unless bought direct through them but they didn't have a contract with vendors. Now I think their return requirements were modified again. They are strict. Need to check.

Manufacturers are responsive to customer demands and if people don't demand warrenties, they won't be provided. Sigelei used to have a year warrenty with US repair, in or out of warrenty but no one seemed that interested so it was dropped. That is a reason why a lot of people buy provari, including me, because they offer service. It costs money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toronnah

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
My Istick 40w has fell in the lake, left out in the rain, has had beer spilled all over it and ejuice leak on it, no problems... Bought it used....

Maybe its your charger? or possibly how you charge them? are you draining the batteries then charging or charging them right away? All lithium batteries have only so many cycles...

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Charged with the provided charger. Used drippers, subtank and atlantis.

It does work intermittently and is on right now. I've just purchased the D2 and Sigelei 75 watt and am very happy with them. Not going back to internal battery mods.

The istick has been wokring on and off. Sometimes perfect, then sometimes just goes off. Then I plug it in and it works but then goes off.

Very poor quality control. They don't have the manufacturing ability to build devices in the quantity they are doing. AS far as I'm concerned, eleaf and their mother company are off my buy list from now on.

Reactions: KentA

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
I've purchased 11 eLeaf batteries from the original to the new 40w. Of those batteries, only 1 out of 11 died. Never tried to return the defective one, since I was traveling for work and by the time I got back home 30 days had elapsed. What I've found is that if the battery charges up, it will last a while. Some of my batteries are over a year old and while they may not hold as much of a charge as new, they work.

The longest I've ever gotten from a PV is 18 months, so far the eLeafs are as dependable as even my mechanical mods, not withstanding the one that was DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread