Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Problem is a leaf blower big enough to blow the mounds we have would kill the Power Wheels.

I tried a blower, and do use it for around the fences and to clean the gutters, but in terms of doing an acre it just can't do the job. My neighbor has a big, backpack style Stihl, and even that can't move what we've got around here.
Leaf blowers dont do the job at my place either, because I get so many leaves in my yard that it is ridiculous.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Here, if you rake them into huge piles up by the road, they come at certain times and collect them. They use a big hose to suck them up into the truck. I wonder if they take them to the compost place, where they take our food scraps.
That is pretty cool! I wish something came and sucked my leaves up! The areas I have to rake in piles, getting the huge pile of leaves taken care of is the worst part in my opinion. I dont mind raking the leaves.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Here, if you rake them into huge piles up by the road, they come at certain times and collect them. They use a big hose to suck them up into the truck. I wonder if they take them to the compost place, where they take our food scraps.
In LaCrosse, they do that. Then they chew them up and people can pick them up, with chewed up branches, for mulch for gardens. Parks department also uses them.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltatooties.

Frost on the Jeepkin, and everything else, this morning, 24 out there.

Can't help you there, Tritium. We had Netflix for a while and dropped it. There wasn't enough on it to keep us interested in paying for it.

That is pretty cool! I wish something came and sucked my leaves up! The areas I have to rake in piles, getting the huge pile of leaves taken care of is the worst part in my opinion. I dont mind raking the leaves.

If you like raking leaves, COME ON DOWN! Plenty of leaves to rake here.

When I lived in Lakewood, NJ, they used to come around with the vacuum truck and suck up all the leaves. Sometimes they'd use a backhoe and just scoop them up and dump them in dump trucks, I guess when the vacuum no longer sucked for some reason. They actually mulched the whole mess, turning it with heavy equipment and it was available to us residents for mulch as well. Out here, the Township is just too big and too heavily forested for that to be practical. They will pick up bagged leaves but if everybody here bagged leaves the landfill would be over run.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltinians.

Looks like we aren't getting much snow out of this weather system. Good for driving, bad for drought:)

It is going to be cold all day and night for several days, maybe even a week. Feels like winter.

My puppy is three days old and I am waiting for new photos. Maybe she will post some more photos when they open their eyes in a week. He probably hasn't changed much:) Whiskey and puppies are said to be doing well.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Oh boy, client cancelled until Friday since weather sucks for leaving town. I still have to drive to the bank and the grocery store but, yay, my day is free of cleaning. I guess I'll work on my house instead since I have company coming tomorrow.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
moanin', Voltatooties.

Frost on the Jeepkin, and everything else, this morning, 24 out there.

Can't help you there, Tritium. We had Netflix for a while and dropped it. There wasn't enough on it to keep us interested in paying for it.

If you like raking leaves, COME ON DOWN! Plenty of leaves to rake here.

When I lived in Lakewood, NJ, they used to come around with the vacuum truck and suck up all the leaves. Sometimes they'd use a backhoe and just scoop them up and dump them in dump trucks, I guess when the vacuum no longer sucked for some reason. They actually mulched the whole mess, turning it with heavy equipment and it was available to us residents for mulch as well. Out here, the Township is just too big and too heavily forested for that to be practical. They will pick up bagged leaves but if everybody here bagged leaves the landfill would be over run.
Haha! When I get mine done I will come up and rake yours ;) lol I still have a little raking to do around my flower beds, the leaves always get trapped in the rocks that I have around the beds. I also still have a massive pile that I still need to bag up and dump. I love living pretty much in the woods, but when the leaves start falling they get ankle deep in my yard. Lol

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well before everyone gets too busy and the day escapes "Us" all . ..

I Just Wanted To Stop By And Say . . .

thanksgiving-scene-animated.gif

Be "You" Spending This Special Day

As Just - One . . .

Turkeydinner01forkknive.gif

Or - Even Two . . .

msn_smile048.gif

With - Just Family . . .

m73qhr7rgl7.gif

Or - With Family & Friends. . .
Even a Neighbor or Two - Maybe A Few . . .

FamilyWaves01.gif

Enjoying A Feast of THANKSGIVING . . .

699567__desktop-wallpaper-thanksgiving-candlelight-feast-background_t.jpg

I would like to send

BEST WISHES
THG_wishbone02.gif
FOR A

happyturkeyday-1.gif

And - All This Day Has To Offer . . .

To - "YOU" & "YOURS"

Turkeys_gobble01.gif

NOW - Remember To Give

THANKS

For What "You" Have & Those In "Your" Life . . .

Cause This Just May Be "You" Next Year . . .
Thanksgiving574.gif

Just Sayin' . . .;)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Oh is it thanksgiving there? Happy thanksgiving to all. :)
Here it's a regular day crappy like the rest of them lol. Started raining.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow although it might already be tomorrow where you are :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Tritium . . . Hopefully, this is what "You" are looking for . . .

El Greco. La película. The Movie.

If not, I found this information on another YouTube SIte that also provide a link to see the movie in HD supposedly for Free online too:

Published on Jun 10, 2015
http://bit.ly/1ED85eY

MOVIE DETAIL !!!
Title : El Greco
Year : 2007
Content : N/A
Genre : Biography, Drama
Release Date : 22 May 2009
Stars : Nick Ashdon, Juan Diego Botto, Laia Marull, Lakis Lazopoulos
Writer : Dimitris Nollas (script advisor), Phil Parker (script advisor), Panagiotis Pashidis (special collaboration), Jackie Pavlenko (script), Dimitris Siatopoulos (book), Yannis Smaragdis (collaborating writer), Yannis Smaragdis (script advisor)
Director : Yannis Smaragdis
Duration : 119 min
Synopsis : The story of the uncompromising artist and fighter for freedom, Domenicos Theotokopoulos, known to the world as "El Greco".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread