I want to replace my drip tip with one that is not made of stainless steel, could you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I know that. But don't you think people need to know that Teflon outgasses poison at high temps so they can be smart and choose something better?
Not if the Teflon object will never go above the temperature at which it produces toxins. Teflon cookware has been around for a long time. I think Teflon drip tips are fine.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Not if the Teflon object will never go above the temperature at which it produces toxins. Teflon cookware has been around for a long time. I think Teflon drip tips are fine.

Teflon has been around a long time but more people are asthmatic now than ever before and the environment is cleaner than in the last 600 years thanks to people being responsible toward the environment. Another factor to consider is what are the digestive enzymes in saliva doing to the Teflon in your mouth.

In the immortal words of Daffy Duck " Not this little black duck! "

Making a better choice for glass, Silicone, Stainless, Annodized aluminum, Delrin, etc is always better than a known carcinogen.

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
Teflon has been around a long time but more people are asthmatic now than ever before and the environment is cleaner than in the last 600 years thanks to people being responsible toward the environment. Another factor to consider is what are the digestive enzymes in saliva doing to the Teflon in your mouth.

In the immortal words of Daffy Duck " Not this little black duck! "

Making a better choice for glass, Silicone, Stainless, Annodized aluminum, Delrin, etc is always better than a known carcinogen.
Just going to leave this here.
Teflon and Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread