New Youde RTA the Bellus

Status
Not open for further replies.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Needing a few questions answered by the Bellus veterans in this thread please :)

1) How similar is it compared to a Aromamizer?
2) Does it leak when laid down on its side or carried in a pocket?
3) Does anybody have experience with the Bellus "styled" stuff from FT (like $12 usd)

I have an Aromamizer and love it. But it does leak when laid on its side. I'm looking to buy something with the same or as close to the same Vape quality/vapor production as the Aromamizer but with the easiest maintenance for the people in my family who aren't as happy to play and tweak with their vapes. We all know the type, they just want it to work ;) and I've been eye balling the cheapies on FT and before I pulled the trigger on some I'd like to get some info from you guys. Thanks a lot in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
@we87 ;
The only real similarity to the Aromamizer is the direct side airflow. It holds 5ml in a package that's actually shorter than the 3ml Aromamizer (drip tip dependent), easy top fill that still allows you to access the build deck without dumping the tank, airflow is smoother IMHO and is always properly oriented to the coils, and it has this amazing feature, an INTEGRATED AIRFLOW CONTROL RING. The Aromamizer does have a roomier build deck, but not by a whole lot, and the Velocity deck is a bit (but only a bit) easier to work on than the 2 post Bellus deck. And basic wicking is stupid simple on the Aromamizer (though it's not hard on the Bellus).

And don't forget, you can easily run the Bellus single-coil, for maximum simplicity.

My Bellus isn't leaky (wicking dependent, but once wicked properly its fine). Couldn't keep my Ghettomizer from leaking, and even the option of closing airflow holes was problematic because of the ghetto ring not staying in place.

I'd just buy the real deal, you can easily find them for under $20.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Anyone want to compare this thing to the Billow V2? I absolutely hated the Aromamizer. I don't like having to pour a lot of wattage into a tank to get a decent amount of flavor.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
IMO the Bellus is a perfect match for the Billow V2. It is an almost identical vape. I had an Aromamizer as well and felt exactly the same as you, it was ok but took 60 watts to get a similar vape compared to the billow or bellus. I never had any leaks, gurgles or dry hits with any of them so I'm probably just lucky with wicking.
3f5a5505805ae321a9c4c72014d6d6ba.jpg

John Eldredge

Nov 16, 2015
Just re wicked my Bellus, I've been pretty happy with this tank, really happy actually, but even so I was experimenting with the wicking. I cut the tails super short and pancaked them, and trimmed the top of the pancakes up even with the tops of the coils and the flavor went way up, denser vape too. Way smoother. You guys who claim it likes less wick are correct!! Basically cut them as short as possible, while keeping my scissors perpendicular to the deck, and following the contour of the deck as close as possible without tipping the scissors. Hard to explain, but now I see the thick rich vape others have been explaining. 24 ga at 2.5 mm Id, 7 wraps spaced, .25 ohm build. Cotton bacon, really great at 40 watts, chain vaped at 55 to test. Slight gurgling when top filled, but no leaks or juice dump. I bottom fill anyway, to avoid any issues. It takes like 30 seconds longer to fill. Loving my ITC spoonlicker v2 juice more than ever now, 70/30 vg/ pg, 3mg nic . My experience, if your putting tail in the channels at all, and seeing any evidence of crimping from when you insert the deck into the tank, your cutting juice supply, cutting flavor, and increasing harshness. This is after 2 weeks of playing with this tank, my aromamizer, and my mutation mt. Just thought I'd share!! I'll post a pic next time I refill... If the deck without wicking goes in easier than your wicked deck, your crimping off juice supply.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
@Croak

Thank you kindly for all that information lol

While I agree with you about the insanely stupid rubber band and height/size of the "ghettomizer" (I'm totally calling it that now) I do feel IMO it is easy to wick and it works every time. I've only had mine for a short time but I've never had a wicking issue.

My only worry is I have played with tanks that look like they have a similar deck and build area, like the Zephyrus or Fogger as an example, and usually I'll build it for them and get it working at the table just fine, then when I hand it to them it's leaking all over the mod. Can't have that.

And I didn't realize how much smaller the Bellus was compared to the Aromamizer. That's a plus by itself.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
I guess I'm different. I like the Bellus a lot, and am adding a second, but I love the Aromamizer. And for me, the Aromamizer is much quieter. My Bellus sounds like fireworks, lol! With that airflow, the claptons are audibly crackling.

Glad to hear a +1 for both.

Filippo

Nov 17, 2015
Italy
Please describe how you are re-filling it

Exactly how you guys suggested i think

1 close airflow
2 open top cap
3 refill
4 turn it upside down and tight the top cap
5 open airflow
6 turn it back up
7 take a couple of hits

Btw I noticed that even when the airflow ring is completely closed it doesn't make a tight seal, I mean u could mouth to lungs it almost!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Just FYI, the airflow control ring is completely external. It has no effect on sealing any juice. You can completely remove it without any negative effect.

So if your tank is leaking from the control ring, the only way that is possible is if the juice is coming from the airholes in the base (wicking issue), the oring that seals the deck, OR the base itself has a crack in it.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Exactly how you guys suggested i think

1 close airflow
2 open top cap
3 refill
4 turn it upside down and tight the top cap
5 open airflow
6 turn it back up
7 take a couple of hits

Btw I noticed that even when the airflow ring is completely closed it doesn't make a tight seal, I mean u could mouth to lungs it almost!!

Next time try not closing the airflow. I never have, and I haven't had a problem leaking.

Filippo

Nov 17, 2015
Italy
Just FYI, the airflow control ring is completely external. It has no effect on sealing any juice. You can completely remove it without any negative effect.

So if your tank is leaking from the control ring, the only way that is possible is if the juice is coming from the airholes in the base (wicking issue), the oring that seals the deck, OR the base itself has a crack in it.

Thanks mate!!
I'll try to replace the orings of the deck and the base!
Maybe they are faulty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread