Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
lol a couple hours from ya, as I am over in Grey's Harbor
That's a nice area. Got a couple oyster farms too right? I grew up and lived most of my life in Lynnwood, Everett, Marysville. Moved further north as the population grew. Worked out of Bellingham for a long time. Decided to move over here about 17 years ago since my seniority I could go anywhere in the state the Railroad was and had jobs. Much lower cost of living here and at the time the climate here was great but it has been changing over the past 3 or 4 years. You are a minority about 90% of the people are on EST a few on PST.

Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
That's a nice area. Got a couple oyster farms too right? I grew up and lived most of my life in Lynnwood, Everett, Marysville. Moved further north as the population grew. Worked out of Bellingham for a long time. Decided to move over here about 17 years ago since my seniority I could go anywhere in the state the Railroad was and had jobs. Much lower cost of living here and at the time the climate here was great but it has been changing over the past 3 or 4 years. You are a minority about 90% of the people are on EST a few on PST.

Not sure about the oyster farms. We use to be in Seattle, but couldn't afford rent there, which is why we lived at tent city til after my husbands cancer surgery in oct 14, he had lived here before and still had family here and we can actually afford the rent so been here since.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Repost from yesterday just to make sure no one missed it :

... speaking for myself, it would be great to spend a little virtual face time with many I have never "seen" .."

Post-Thanksgiving breakfast, I'll be slinkin' 'round occasionally to ambush da new 'faces' and share sum facetime wid da HO vets. Seriously, do hope sum new folk will jump in and help us celebrate our porches!

Has to be one of da greatest 'stir my soul strings' songs ever. I've always wanted to write a song and melody to resonate with my feelings within. Just can't compete with this one and several others.

this is my day at work today...

soooo... I may have a nice black eye for Thanksgiving

white door and white walls...

... in a white with black curtains...

...although that is a lovely shade of purple!!

Yepper, our Daba dat luvs purple...

Dennis, you, sir, are truly One of a Kind .. and I mean that in the nicest way possible .. o_O

Have to say dat my first 'exposure' to Dennis (in da HO) fits this quote...

It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are really a big mistake. -- Vincent D'Onofrio

Mea culpa, I must be simple; Dennis not so much! What a free spirit you are, Dennis! Luv ya dearly, dude...

Night guys and thanks for the prayers.

God's speed, my friend...

i_hate_i95_tee_tshirt.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Post-Thanksgiving breakfast, I'll be slinkin' 'round occasionally to ambush da new 'faces' and share sum facetime wid da HO vets. Seriously, do hope sum new folk will jump in and help us celebrate our porches!

Has to be one of da greatest 'stir my soul strings' songs ever. I've always wanted to write a song and melody to resonate with my feelings within. Just can't compete with this one and several others.

... in a white with black curtains...

Yepper, our Daba dat luvs purple...

Have to say dat my first 'exposure' to Dennis (in da HO) fits this quote...

It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are really a big mistake. -- Vincent D'Onofrio

Mea culpa, I must be simple; Dennis not so much! What a free spirit you are, Dennis! Luv ya dearly, dude...

God's speed, my friend...

i_hate_i95_tee_tshirt.jpg

Cream & Hendrix. Can't beat that!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Sometimes, something warrants noting, and this particular something is note worthy .. and, I don't think I've seen it posted, which I think is odd, so here we go ..

The supportiveness, camaraderie and general wish for well being that permeates the threads since thread one has been, rarely, if ever to my knowledge, pushed to a real life example .. at least until the recent past .. and those that lent a hand in this should be recognized .. however, since I have not asked their permission to use names, nor do I know the full extent of the story, I am simply going to tell what I have pieced together ...

During a Hang Out session, one of our own here had a Medical Emergency .. thru the quick thinking and actions of others in our fold (I'm unsure whether it was one or two folks) .. an Ambulance was able to be dispatched and rescue our fellow friend .. all of this unfolded on camera as the Hang Out session stayed live ..

Now, I don't know about you, but this fortuitous simple twist of fate needs and deserves recognition .. in fact, it's a 6:00 News story as far as I'm concerned .. I sincerely hope that those involved step up and tell the tale in greater detail and take the bow with which they have earned ..

How the Fates converged at just the right time in order to bring these folks together VIA ECF, then lead them to a fairly obscure thread, then lead them to the Hang Out and end up at EXACTLY the right moment in time with which to witness and act on a Medical Emergency has to be a billion to one odds ..

So please, step up, tell the whole tale and take your place at the head of the Table .. please ..

unsung-hero-award.jpg

So...

i'm the one who fell down in this scenario. i had recently been thru a few more low blood sugar incidents, which required 911, but this was my latest. so, "i fell down and couldn't get up". ring a bell to anyone?

fortunately, i was in the hangout when i fell (on an awkward trek to the bathroom) . i wasn't carrying my phone. i couldn't call 911

but... i WAS in the hangouts when i fell...

so.... yiddle calls oldbroad (and wakes her up from a dead sleep) to try to get someone else to call who has my address. fortunately, oldbroad had my address. (actually, i'm still kinda worried about that, but...)

so... yiddle ends up calling 911 (with oldbroad's help) giving them my address. 911 shows up and saves my life. if that hadn't happened, there's a good chance i'd still be laying on the floor

like many of us, i have a lot to be thankful for.

i am more than delighted to say that many of my reasons to give thanks reside on this porch

Happy Thanksgiving, ALL of you wonderful people

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
So...

i'm the one who fell down in this scenario. i had recently been thru a few more low blood sugar incidents, which required 911, but this was my latest. so, "i fell down and couldn't get up". ring a bell to anyone?

fortunately, i was in the hangout when i fell (on an awkward trek to the bathroom) . i wasn't carrying my phone. i couldn't call 911

so.... yiddle calls oldbroad (and wakes her up from a dead sleep) to try to get someone else to call who has my address. fortunately, oldbroad had my address. (actually, i'm still kinda worried about that, but...)

so... yiddle ends up calling 911 (with oldbroad's help) giving them my address. 911 shows up and saves my life. if that hadn't happened, there's a good chance i'd still be laying on the floor

i am more than delighted to say that many of my reasons to give thanks reside on this porch

Happy Thanksgiving, Mama! I'm thankfull that you wete in a place where people who care about you wrte able to see what happened d come together to get you help, & that you are ok. Now stop leaving your phone behind!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

Yep, same here - I will pop in and say Hi right after I help my wife get the turkey in the oven... Looking forward to seeing everyone...

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
So...

Wow, what a lucky thing you were in the H/O with some of our sharp friends!

To everyone, Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! One of the things I am thankful for is finding the porches this year.
th

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
So that is the story! Kudos to everyone, and especially respecting people's privacy.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
So...

Oh my my Dennis...thanks a lot....I've not had my first cuppa coffee...barely awake...and I read this post...the last three lines made me tear up!

''''

.....and not to worry...I don't have your new address so you're safe...

for the time being:evil:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
So...

Cyber life meets real life ... wow. Obviously so glad this worked out for the best and so proud of the porchers coming together to pull this off. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread