How long before cigarette cravings stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I was completely off smoking for about 6 months, then fell back into smoking for a month, followed by solely vaping for the last 4 months. I still frequently "desire" a smoke, but thanks to vaping I don't "need" a smoke to keep my sanity. When I think I want a smoke, I just remember all the downsides of smoking that prompted me to take up vaping in the first place. Those thoughts coupled with the sheer inconvenience of smoking are typically off putting enough to make me forget all about it for a while.

linda19

Jun 7, 2011
florida
Thanks again for all your replies. If this works for me it will be absolutely because of all of you.

Can someone give me a simple step up I could try. I get so confused (I am a 68 year old woman). I need something easy. As I said I understand my evod and my aspire bdc. Can easily fill them and charge batteries no problem. But if there is something stronger that is still easy I would try it.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Every human is an individual I stopped cold turkey and never looked back, my wife smoked and vaped for about a month and a half maybe 2 months then dropped the cigarettes. Everyone is different, BUT even if vaping makes you smoke even 1 less cigarette you're already ahead!

For ease of use and a little better setup try a Subox kit from Kangertech they're pretty cheap as well.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I have been vaping since 2011 and I still have a occasional craving and I take care of that craving if I feel like it. I do not think that having a cig or cigar every once in awhile is a problem. I am human just like anyone else. Now I have mixed up some 12 and 18 mg liquid for those times where I want one and it has helped the situation allot. 3mg and even 6mg just does not cut it sometimes.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Thanks again for all your replies. If this works for me it will be absolutely because of all of you.

Can someone give me a simple step up I could try. I get so confused (I am a 68 year old woman). I need something easy. As I said I understand my evod and my aspire bdc. Can easily fill them and charge batteries no problem. But if there is something stronger that is still easy I would try it.

Simple answer - keep using the stuff you have, but just increase the nicotine content of your liquid as you need.

If that means you have one tank you use all day and one for stress or when you wake up, so be it!

Label your tanks and liquids.

T

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I was a dual user for 6 weeks. My brother needed 9 months. Everybody's different. I felt some cravings for some months after going to zero but when that came up I'd think about the ways cigs madedme feel bad instead of how I thought they made me feel good. That worked. When I think about cigs now I remember the unpleasant things. Then my taste changed. I smoked one to prove to my brother it was over for me. It tasted awful and gave me a headache. If you don't stop vaping you wll stop smoking and the cravings will either go away entirely or be easy to resist.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
The cravings lessen with time. Even now 11 months into vaping during really stressful time I still think about a cig but then vape and get over it.

Same here 10 months no analogs, but I did have a craving for one today but just vaped more ;)

One of these days I will break down and take a puff seeing if what everybody says is right that it will taste like ":censored:". My fear is I will still like it. :cry:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Same here 10 months no analogs, but I did have a craving for one today but just vaped more ;)

One of these days I will break down and take a puff seeing if what everybody says is right that it will taste like ":censored:". My fear is I will still like it. :cry:

Mine too. So i'll put off the "just try one day" a little longer.

Resetting the counter will piss me off!

T

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I guess I'm one of the exceptions. I haven't really had to deal with cravings from not smoking. I was a 2 PAD smoker and didn't believe I'd ever quit.
Started on Chantix and by day 3, I was down to 10 stinkies a day and those I had to force myself to finish because the medicine wasn't allowing me to get any enjoyment from the nicotine. At the same time I got into vaping. In less than a month, I quit smoking completely. I stayed on Chantix for another month, then quit that too. As long as I can vape, I don't see myself ever smoking again.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
What's really weird is it's different for everyone! I smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years. I didn't even want to quit. I just noticed a friend with a cigalike and thought I'd like to see what that's about. So I ordered a cigalike kit. It was 200 bucks down the drain. I ordered all the different flavors to try and really thought I'd like it. I didn't plan on quitting cigarettes though. It was just for fun. Something new ya know? Well I immediately ordered an ego kit with clearo tanks and bottles of several different flavors of juice. I really liked it and decided I'd just quit smoking. I quit smoking the same day my ego kit came in the mail. My husband was curious so I ordered him the same kit and he quit the day after his kit arrived. He smoked more than 2 packs a day of cigarettes. We've moved on to more advanced setups along the way.

I started out at 12mg nic and it was too much even though I was a 2 pack a day smoker. I quickly dropped down to 6mg and stayed there for 2 years. I've been on 3mg for over 2 years now and I plan on staying there. My husband started at 18mg and that wasn't enough for him. He was having serious cravings. So he upped his nic to 24mg. It worked perfectly. He vaped that for a long, long time. He started using Drippers/RDAs and dropped to 12mg. Yeah he dripped 12mg for over a year. I would take a draw off his setup and feel like I had been punched in the throat. He's now dripping 12mg in the mornings and sometimes during the day and 6mg at other times.

Everybody is different. You need to up your nicotine just to see if that helps your cravings. Then again you may be more like me and need to vape more often but at a less nicotine strength. I chain vape all day long but at 3mg nic.

Another thing that really helped me was finding a really tasty juice that I really liked more than smoking. Once you find that juice that makes you go Ahhhh, you won't ever think of smoking again! So I suggest taste testing a lot of juices until you find that one special juice! We make our own juices now, but back in our beginning days we ordered a ton of juice until we both found something we really loved.

Good luck.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Chantix is some scary stuff. The FDA approved that ya know?

I know someone who took Chantix and had some really horrible side effects. The day she took it she had to be rushed to the hospital with symptoms like a heart attack. She was sweating all over, chest pains, light headed, throwing up, couldn't breathe. It was horrible. The doctor said it was a reaction to Chantix and took her off of it. She hasn't had any issues after.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take that poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread