Status
Not open for further replies.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
The excuses for the rise in smoking rates will be interesting. I can't imagine what they'll blame it on.

Oh, it's defintely been well planned and thought out. vaping is a gateway to cigarette smoking.

Edit: I may have missed your sarcasm on my first read.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
Maybe the health nazis should spend time taxing some Big Macs for a change, just saying. An observation, never noticed enormously obese people in the old movies I love to watch. And everyone could smoke when & where they chose? Coincidence? Maybe not.
From the Family Obesity Prevention and Diabetes Control Act...
All commercially sold food items , not for sale in open markets prior to February 1777 will require a Pre Market Nutritional Authorization form to be submitted to the FDA...
... Prior to approval, manufacturers will be required to to provide longitudinal studies demonstrating that... the product does not constitute a public health concern... Including for each dosage, and combination of ingredients... All food items containing on excess of 3 grams fast per unit dose must be sold in childproof containers and have a health hazard label permanently affixed to them...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
All commercially sold food items , not for sale in open markets prior to February 1777 will require a Pre Market Nutritional Authorization form to be submitted to the FDA...
... Prior to approval, manufacturers will be required to to provide longitudinal studies demonstrating that... the product does not constitute a public health concern... Including for each dosage, and combination of ingredients... All food items containing on excess of 3 grams fast per unit dose must be sold in childproof containers and have a health hazard label permanently affixed to them...

Before 1777, eh? guess that's pretty much everything.

Andria

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin

I hope none of the dosages contain diacetyl, or it'll shut down that industry.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Interestingly enough, the CDC put out a recent report (which came to me through Motley Fool) supporting vaping as a way to quit, saying 55% who recently quit did so with the help of e cigs. If the focus is on our health rather than the regulation (and taxation) that are all the rage at present, then vaping suddenly starts looking much better. Not sure if the FDA will listen to the CDC, but it does count for something.

Also, with a quick online search, many of the quit support groups support vaping, stating they believe it is less unhealthy and increases the odds of success. While patches and gum are also a form of NRT, the more satisfying act of vaping seems to be more effective.

Not sure that what the CDC and support groups have in mind includes a TFV4 running 140w on a tri, quad, or sext coil and chucking big clouds with a decadent max VG juice, but I guess the fun police can deal with that in due time....... and you can bet they will. I have heard there's a good chance unregulated mods will become taboo, as long as there are people who won't use an ohm's law calculator and blow themselves up, maybe losing a digit or two. I'd also be concerned for those who build (will the purchase of wire get restricted), online sales, etc.

The worst case scenario would be if we become required to get a doctor's rx for any form of NRT, vaping included, corrupting our privacy, and enabling our health insurance to raise rates. I highly doubt my PCP would appreciate my Crown or Herakles, even if keeps me away from analogs.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
they can't restrict the sales of resistance wire aka industrial heating element. Nor can they do much about unregulated mods. In fact those will be very much promoted, since they can easily be marketed under false pretenses, or self constructed, ..... of which being more difficult with a regulated device

Have you read the Deeming regulations? They cover exactly what you are saying as "intended use". I think you can call unregulated devices anything you want, but in the end it's what the FDA deems them to be that matters. If they ban the sale of them then they are doomed. And that's exactly their intention. They won't make it past the approval process. I doubt many stores will take the chance of having their money tied up in anything that could be confiscated. And don't think the FDA doesn't confiscate things. Just do a search on what happened in 2007 when the FDA confiscated everything vape related at customs. A lot of businesses went out of business because they had all their money tied up in their next shipments.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Interestingly enough, the CDC put out a recent report (which came to me through Motley Fool) supporting vaping as a way to quit, saying 55% who recently quit did so with the help of e cigs. If the focus is on our health rather than the regulation (and taxation) that are all the rage at present, then vaping suddenly starts looking much better. Not sure if the FDA will listen to the CDC, but it does count for something.

Also, with a quick online search, many of the quit support groups support vaping, stating they believe it is less unhealthy and increases the odds of success. While patches and gum are also a form of NRT, the more satisfying act of vaping seems to be more effective.

Not sure that what the CDC and support groups have in mind includes a TFV4 running 140w on a tri, quad, or sext coil and chucking big clouds with a decadent max VG juice, but I guess the fun police can deal with that in due time....... and you can bet they will. I have heard there's a good chance unregulated mods will become taboo, as long as there are people who won't use an ohm's law calculator and blow themselves up, maybe losing a digit or two. I'd also be concerned for those who build (will the purchase of wire get restricted), online sales, etc.

The worst case scenario would be if we become required to get a doctor's rx for any form of NRT, vaping included, corrupting our privacy, and enabling our health insurance to raise rates. I highly doubt my PCP would appreciate my Crown or Herakles, even if keeps me away from analogs.

The fun police... ROFL!!!! :lol: One time when I was watching Law & Order: SVU, the captain comes out and tell the crew, "we're not the Sex Police." :lol:

As for unregulated mods becoming taboo... those are the same folks that want to repeal Darwin's Law and let all the rejects just run amok bothering everyone with the sense to learn from their mistakes. They're the same folks who want to parent everyone's children for them, and keep us all wrapped in bubble-wrap, as if we're ALL little children without an ounce of that sense to learn from our mistakes -- they want to eradicate MISTAKES! Because after all... someone might LEARN SOMETHING! And if we learned something... we might learn how utterly useless the fun police really are, and do something about getting rid of them.

Andria

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
Have you read the Deeming regulations? They cover exactly what you are saying as "intended use". I think you can call unregulated devices anything you want, but in the end it's what the FDA deems them to be that matters. If they ban the sale of them then they are doomed. And that's exactly their intention. They won't make it past the approval process. I doubt many stores will take the chance of having their money tied up in anything that could be confiscated. And don't think the FDA doesn't confiscate things. Just do a search on what happened in 2007 when the FDA confiscated everything vape related at customs. A lot of businesses went out of business because they had all their money tied up in their next shipments.
I'm not meaning to argue. They can TRY to regulate it. But they try a lot of things. Think about {other things}, and such, clearly intended for marijuana use, and I'm fact ACTUALLY banned by law as drug paraphernalia. But, they are sold under the false pretenses of being for tobacco use. On that same not, with the growing legality of said substance, and fact that these devices could be used for this {moderated}, they still likely be sold for that purpose. Since a mechanical mod is no me than a flashlight, they are going to fail at preventing the sale of these.
I believe you are referring to Soterra? I am aware of that case, although the FDA was deemed to have acted illegally in that, so maybe not a perfect example, but I get your point. Kanthal is simply not going to be under there jurisdiction. We might have to buy a 500 foot roll, but we do that anyway, usually.
I have no doubt that they still make it more difficult for is to do our thing, not that they will eliminate a large portion of the market. But as long as there is customer demand, there is going to be a supply. At least for these items. Nicotine, of course will be a different story. Most importantly, my main point about the mech mods was that they are easy enough for a layman to construct from normal, unrelated consumer goods that they will never be able to stop is from having them. That is what I meant by encouraging... When they take away our nice fancy devices, and our ability to purchase them, people can go buy a misery, box and a switch to make their own. Like I said, I'm not trying to argue. Just don't assume they can take control of the entire economy in the name of tobacco control, which is essentially what would be required to .... us down. Intended use is more complicated than saying" out can be used for an ends, therefore it falls under our authority" I feel like I'm rambling, so that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I'm not meaning to argue. They can TRY to regulate it. But they try a lot of things. Think about {other things}, and such, clearly intended for ......... use, and I'm fact ACTUALLY banned by law as drug paraphernalia. But, they are sold under the false pretenses of being for tobacco use. On that same not, with the growing legality of said substance, and fact that these devices could be used for this {other stuff}, they still likely be sold for that purpose. Since a mechanical mod is no me than a flashlight, they are going to fail at preventing the sale of these.
I believe you are referring to Soterra? I am aware of that case, although the FDA was deemed to have acted illegally in that, so maybe not a perfect example, but I get your point. Kanthal is simply not going to be under there jurisdiction. We might have to buy a 500 foot roll, but we do that anyway, usually.
I have no doubt that they still make it more difficult for is to do our thing, not that they will eliminate a large portion of the market. But as long as there is customer demand, there is going to be a supply. At least for these items. Nicotine, of course will be a different story. Most importantly, my main point about the mech mods was that they are easy enough for a layman to construct from normal, unrelated consumer goods that they will never be able to stop is from having them. That is what I meant by encouraging... When they take away our nice fancy devices, and our ability to purchase them, people can go buy a misery, box and a switch to make their own. Like I said, I'm not trying to argue. Just don't assume they can take control of the entire economy in the name of tobacco control, which is essentially what would be required to .... us down. Intended use is more complicated than saying" out can be used for an ends, therefore it falls under our authority" I feel like I'm rambling, so that is all.

I think you took me wrong. I'm not wanting to argue at all. I think we are just having a discussion.

I agree it's not going to be easy for them to regulate everything. I do think if they put something in place that really makes it hard to get nicotine then the rest is moot. The majority of people vaping don't want to or are not willing to DIY. Some of us will be just fine but many others will be severely impacted by the regulations.

Last edited by a moderator:

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
I was just charging my own intentions actually. Yeah nicotine is definitely going to be the breaking point. I don't see a good clear market way around that. But, since nicotine is not an illegal substance they will have a hard time stopping it's from ordering overseas. Again, this is probably going to kill it for many especially since it will be a safer bet to purchase concentrated, rather than premixed liquid, but I think most people who have been vaping for a good time will prefer the inconvenience over returning to the nasties. Personally, I'm planning on going to no nicotine doin enough anyway. It's more about the compulsion than the addiction at this point. They can't stop that. And I think a fair amount of us will join me when they have difficulty obtaining nicotine. A lot barely use Nic anyway 1.5, and 3 percent
edit: You're right, probably not MOST, but I'd wager a very large portion will embrace the gray market

Reactions: Kenna

NAXDON

Nov 25, 2015
Un-friggin-believable. I'm reading this and let me get this straight: The FDA can have regulatory authority over e cigs "which have no tobacco in them". Here's my question to them: Would you like it to? Having e cigs as nicotine/drug delivery devices is just ridiculous. Could I have the argument about analogs being the same thing, but in a dried/cured plant form? Let alone with analogs, the nicotine and harmine, thousands of other natural chemicals, and the addition of extra chemicals for amplified addiction and tobacco bonding?

I quit rolling 3 packs a day with pipe tobacco and also quit dipping heavily in between. I cough a lot less while I sleep and breathe better.

Attachments

• IMAG0073_20151125161234390.jpg
    IMAG0073_20151125161234390.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 27

benjamind2013

Dec 4, 2013
Aus
Whatever you do, please don't listen to the CDC. They are advocating male infant genital mutilation! There's no chance I would ever trust them with anything they say after they more or less openly support what constitutes a massive, massive human rights violation and a sex crime that I, and many others, consider even worse than pedophilia.

Reactions: AndriaD

NAXDON

Nov 25, 2015
Same here. I used to smoke when I was 15,16,17...then stopped. Damn that was hard. Vaping gives me all that experience without feeling like I am choking to death.
Correct.

I'm generally vaping 24 mg. I'm doing a 12 mg on an 1.2 ohm OCC though right now. Boiling down to it, I'll eventually just stick to an 18 mg since I'm going through the 12 like water

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
Un-friggin-believable. I'm reading this and let me get this straight: The FDA can have regulatory authority over e cigs "which have no tobacco in them". Here's my question to them: Would you like it to? Having e cigs as nicotine/drug delivery devices is just ridiculous. Could I have the argument about analogs being the same thing, but in a dried/cured plant form? Let alone with analogs, the nicotine and harmine, thousands of other natural chemicals, and the addition of extra chemicals for amplified addiction and tobacco bonding?

I quit rolling 3 packs a day with pipe tobacco and also quit dipping heavily in between. I cough a lot less while I sleep and breathe better.
you had time I'm between?

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013

In this age, i much say you risk ending like here in Brazil. If i remember correctly, the local FDA like agency (ANVISA) banned all vaping products based on non-safe policy. Its sad because we could have lots of M&B stores and much more products available with better prices, but since Brazil law is very lax and government is so corrupt, you can purchase almost any vaping hardware and liquids, as far as you are willing to pay extra to the people who take the $$ risks of importing.

The major issue with FDA regulations unfortunally is how it will affect the US market and by consequence the whole global market for vaping. One thing is granted, China will keep supplying liquids and hardware, no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread