Status
Not open for further replies.

WileE

Aug 12, 2015
USA east coast
Short answer is yes Ti is closer you will need to add 20-30°F to the set temp on Ti mode. So if your on Ti mode and want to vape at 440°F you'll need to set at 460-470° with the NiFe 52 coil.
In case you haven't red this entire thread hear is a fantastic Spread sheet Vapealone made that allows you to compare the differences.
Only thing is I'm not sure if that's the latest version? Hopefully Vapealone will check me on this.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While many TC mods will "kick you out" of TC @ +1ohm and others (350J) have a 0.3ohm limit in Joules mode, the reality (at least for the 350J) is that I've used SS430 builds with upwards of 2.1ohms in Joules mode on the 350J and as well with an Apollo Reliant.

Granted you have to keep in mind all mods have a voltage and current output limits.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    SE US
    Ok, received SS430 from Crazywires. Coiled it, it's very nice to work with. Almost no spring to it. Now I'm vaping it and... I don't to jump ahead of myself... but I'm afraid that even the really small amount of nickel contained is annoying my mouth roof... I hope to be mistaken.

Thats the main reason I havent tried nife52 yet. I found out with ni200 that I have a mild allergy to nickle and haven't decided if I want to spend the money on yet another spool of wire I may not be able to use. If the 430, which I believe is a max of 5%, does it for yoy then I guess the about 50% thats in nifethal would definitely do it. Then again your allergy might be worse than mine. I only got a very slightly sore throat and mild swelling with ni200.

vapealone

Jun 16, 2015
    Short answer is yes Ti is closer you will need to add 20-30°F to the set temp on Ti mode. So if your on Ti mode and want to vape at 440°F you'll need to set at 460-470° with the NiFe 52 coil.
    In case you haven't red this entire thread hear is a fantastic Spread sheet Vapealone made that allows you to compare the differences.
    Only thing is I'm not sure if that's the latest version? Hopefully Vapealone will check me on this.

It is the latest (published) version and always will be.
    I am working (if at all:) on a working file and copy/paste the result if I am happy with it

Reactions: jazzvaper

gorman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    Milan, Italy
    SS430 contains 0.5 percent nickel or less, not 5%.

If your that allergic to nickel you certainly shouldn't vape any wire with nickel.
    Yup, that's what Crazy Wire states... and yet I had to stop vaping with it, because the signals developing in my mouth were unmistakable. Titanium never gives me that sensation. I've tried Ni200, SS304 and now SS430 and all get the same reaction from the inside of my mouth. Slight discomfort, growing discomfort, ulcers on mouth roof. With SS430 I stopped at slight discomfort, I see no point in torturing myself. I'll see if I can give away all these wires I've accumulated. It's unfortunate I live in Italy, otherwise I'd be more than happy to send it to whomever requested them.

xpen

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2012
    Italy
    Don't take for granted that you're the only one here living in Italy.. ;)
    Sorry to hear about your allergy (?), but if Ti works for you no need to risk/waste time with anything else.
    Yup, that's what Crazy Wire states... and yet I had to stop vaping with it, because the signals developing in my mouth were unmistakable. Titanium never gives me that sensation. I've tried Ni200, SS304 and now SS430 and all get the same reaction from the inside of my mouth. Slight discomfort, growing discomfort, ulcers on mouth roof. With SS430 I stopped at slight discomfort, I see no point in torturing myself. I'll see if I can give away all these wires I've accumulated. It's unfortunate I live in Italy, otherwise I'd be more than happy to send it to whomever requested them.

Reactions: pbanj

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I don't know if this is related but when I got my NiFe I was vaping the crap out of it. I got a cold sore and a lump on my gum, I wear dentures. Also a sore throat, I switched back to Ti they have almost completely disappeared. I don't know if it had to do with the nickel because I don't know if I had it when I was vaping NI200. I really didn't use it that long As soon as I tried Ti I started using it. It's all I am using again. No sore throat coldsore gone same with lump in my gum. For me Ti is the way to go.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2014
    Garden Grove, CA, USA
    www.facebook.com
    No it's not to low .27-.28Ω is a very good spot for a single coil NiFe 52 In TC mode.

I've got a very similar build (same ohm) in a Kayfun light+ 27ga 2mm x 8 wrap claptoned with 36ga kanthal A1 = .28Ω on my DNA40. Flavor is excellent set to 360°F on the DNA 40 = actual 440°F
    View attachment 509005

I interchange this build between my DNA-40 & my King mech. As long as I don't run out of juice on the mech I can't tell the difference in taste or heat between the 2 on this build.

View attachment 509007
    Is that Pima Cotton you are using?

WileE

Aug 12, 2015
    USA east coast
    Yes it is a Pima Cotton. USA Grown from Cottonman called. Angel Hair 200mm

I know Butch (Cottonman) personally so I'm biased & he has more then just one type of cotton. He is an actual Cotton farmer in North Carolina. It's all I use.
    The only other Pima on par is the VCC Cotton. Read More

I highly recommend any of the OB (Oil-removal Bath) version Cottons from Cottonman since they've had the natural cotton oils removed there is no funky taste or long break in. Some other Pima's I've tried repel the juice or have a funky flavor for a long break in.
    FWIW I use the Angil hair Pima in all my RTA's, RBA's, or anything TC since it is the best wicking cotton. For the High Watt stuff like a series box with RDA's I use either the Just Red V2 OB or the Mavaton's Select Gold OB.
    I don't know what type of Cotton the last 2 are (not Pima), but they are a denser fiber & take way more heat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread