Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two-Bears, thanks for the info! I am absorbing any and all info I get. And, I stay busy reading here and watching videos.

I got mostly vanilla flavored juices, as I read here, somewhere on the forum, that the vanilla's and coffee flavors where a little stronger, so as a new vaper I will be able to taste them.

And I will take your advice and go on a taste testing expedition. I found a vape shop in the city, that I can go and have at it.

I have purchased my equipment, and now am just waiting for it to arrive.

My son has a mod, and let me try it. Ha ha he said I must be doing something wrong, because I didn't blow out a big vapor cloud. I just took a little hit. I remembered my, er, .... days, and didn't want to throw myself into a coughing fit!

But I finally took a fair sized hit, mouth to lung, and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't go into an uncontrollable coughing session. But, admittedly, I didn't max my lungs out on it, for fear of coughing.
So, I will just have to experiment around with it, to see what my lungs can tolerate.

I see that you are in Tuscon, I am originally from Phoenix, but now live down south in Louisiana, in Cajun country.
There is quite a contrast, I can tell you.
Ha ha

I have been in 32 of the states and three provinces in Canada before I had to have a Passport just to get back in. I have actually lived long enough in 5 of the states to be an official Resident.

I have been in every state West of the Mississippi except for ND, NV, and MN.

SOME DAY I need to take a trip to WV, SC, and do New England.

Been all over the states that join the Gulf of Mexico. Including Creole and Cajun areas.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Goodness, you are indeed a traveler.
Do you have a favorite of where you have lived?

Absolutely! I LOVED the Kittitas valley 125 mikes East of Seattle. But I got old and my blood grew thin and couldn't stand the brutal winters any more.

The Kittitas valley covers almost 67 square miles with 5 towns in it. I lived in Ellensburg almost the center of the state. On the east side of the Cascade Mountain range it is s high desert with 9 inches of rainfall.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Yes indeed, my checkbook took a pretty big hit today! But, from all reading I have been doing, it seemed prudent to have a good supply of tanks, and replacement coils.

I pretty much had to buy the eleaf tanks, after watching the video about them. The guy rated them quite well, and geesh, for $10, it seemed like a no brainer. And, I will always have them on hand.

I am REALLY glad to hear that tanks can last up to 2 to 3 months, with proper care. I was a little worried about the price of replacing them if they only lasted a couole of days.

Thanks Chris, for the info on not burning the coils! I will be very careful with loading the juices into them, and try to use a proper draw technique, when vaping. Besides, I don't want to be known as the resident twittledawbler of my vaping community!!!!!!!

I feel like my lungs can't take a very big hit of vape at this time. I am sure they are congested with years of nastiness. But, I imagine everyone that quits smoking deals with this. Though, as a nurse, I imagine that the warm, moist vapors would help loosen the yucky stuff.

Hmmmm, now I am wondering if one could vape with a saline solution? I know it wouldn't taste good, but saline is what we use in the hospital to loosen mucous, so we can then suction it out of the lungs. Especially, if someone has a trach, we literally almost pour saline into the lungs, then go and quickly suction it out, along with the mucous plugs.

Well, at the very least, the warm, moist vapors will help.

I also see myself DIY my juices in the very near future. (More videos to watch)
I am curious about the "taste" of vaping. But guess it is just something I will have to experience to understand. But, while shopping for juices, they talked about the flavor " going in " and then experiencing a different flavor while it is" going out ".
So, this has really peeked my curiosity about experiencing these different effects.
But, if the proper way to vape is to use the diaphragm and drawing straight to the lung, how do we experience taste going in?
I guess I will just have to wait and see. Ha ha

I guess as far as vaping in public, it is the same as where we are allowed to smoke?

I see they have a holder for you devices made for in the car.
I was wondering if they have something for the coffee table? It seems important to not lay them down, or the juices might leak and get on parts they shouldn't?

(Oooh, I am just soo excited! I can't wait for my treats to arrive!)

I did find some vape shops in my general vicinity. I'm out in the country, and frankly try to avoid going to the city, but guess it will be worth a trip, so I can try a bunch of flavors.

Should I bring my device with me? Or do they have some kind of disposable tanks they use?

Thanks again for all the help. ( If you can't tell, I'm somewhat excited!) ha ha
Bring your own dripper..

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
Two-Bears, I lived on the west side of the Cascades, in the high desert. I literally lived right on the Columbia river. Right in the northwest corner of Oregon. Washington state was the other side of the river. Idaho was just about 40 miles to the west. I was studying geology at the time. Plus my dad lived there, I lived in a little town called Umatilla.

I still have a sister that lives in Portland. But, I also have a mean sister that lives in Scottsdale.

I still miss the Pacific Northwest, of all the places I have lived.

I will brag a little bit here, (sorry proud mama!), my daughter just graduated from Loyola law school in May, and she told me she was burnt, and wanted to get away to somewhere with a cooler climate, so we took a cruise to Alaska. It was delightful.
But, to me, it just reminded me of living close to the Cascades. But my daughter hadn't seen that kind of terrain, since she was really little, so she was in awe.
I just kept saying, " And I used to live in a place like this. Can you believe I moved away?" poor thing, she heard that the whole trip.

If you can't tell, I'm not particularly fond of the south.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Goodness, you are indeed a traveler.
Do you have a favorite of where you have lived?

The option's of things go do in Central Washington was quite broad.

Hiking in the Kittitas Valley and on the John Wayne Trail hiking the valley rim that went up to 6,000 feet above Sea level.

World Class fly fishing in the Yskima River. The Stuart and the Cascade mountain range.

In the winter and early spring skiing at Snoqualmie. Shopping and sight seeing in Seattle.

The Petrified forest in vantage. WA

LASTLY the beach of the Pacific ocean west of Seattle.

If you were bored noones fsult but your own.

I LOVED the meetings where you got to meet and listen to people wrote books gave demonstrions of the trip to Tibet, going to ,6 Luaus every year.

As far as I was concerned the Kittitas valley was the closest thing to heaven on earth.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two-Bears, I lived on the west side of the Cascades, in the high desert. I literally lived right on the Columbia river. Right in the northwest corner of Oregon. Washington state was the other side of the river. Idaho was just about 40 miles to the west. I was studying geology at the time. Plus my dad lived there, I lived in a little town called Umatilla.

I still have a sister that lives in Portland. But, I also have a mean sister that lives in Scottsdale.

I still miss the Pacific Northwest, of all the places I have lived.

I will brag a little bit here, (sorry proud mama!), my daughter just graduated from Loyola law school in May, and she told me she was burnt, and wanted to get away to somewhere with a cooler climate, so we took a cruise to Alaska. It was delightful.
But, to me, it just reminded me of living close to the Cascades. But my daughter hadn't seen that kind of terrain, since she was really little, so she was in awe.
I just kept saying, " And I used to live in a place like this. Can you believe I moved away?" poor thing, she heard that the whole trip.

If you can't tell, I'm not particularly fond of the south.

I too miss the PNW but Tucson with the Catalina foothills around Tucson reminds me of Ellensburg but here I don't have to deal with 15 degrees below 0 and the wind blowing at 35 mph.

In Tuscon I get to go in Sandals year round. ;-) don't hate me.

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
I completely agree. But I made a typo on my last post. It was the Northeast corner of Oregon, where I lived.
I was into hiking and collecting specimens. I loved going to the John Day fossil area.
I hiked most of the Cascades. I was there when Mount St. Helens blew.

I worked at this tiny little hospital, that only had twelve beds, they had a gourmet cook that cooked for the staff, too. We all ate together. It was like a family meal. Free sodas and we could smoke at the nurses desk.

Anyway, when Mt. St. Helens blew, I was off that day, but called and told them I was on "lava alert" if they needed me. Ha ha
It was a pyroclastic eruption, no lava.
But, I was ready, ha ha

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I completely agree. But I made a typo on my last post. It was the Northeast corner of Oregon, where I lived.
I was into hiking and collecting specimens. I loved going to the John Day fossil area.
I hiked most of the Cascades. I was there when Mount St. Helens blew.

I worked at this tiny little hospital, that only had twelve beds, they had a gourmet cook that cooked for the staff, too. We all ate together. It was like a family meal. Free sodas and we could smoke at the nurses desk.

Anyway, when Mt. St. Helens blew, I was off that day, but called and told them I was on "lava alert" if they needed me. Ha ha
It was a pyroclastic eruption, no lava.
But, I was ready, ha ha

mt St Helen blew her top 12-15 years before I moved there.

In the Kittitas valley they had 8 inches of ash fall there. That ash fertilized the ground like CRAZY. A friend while I lived up there haf corn grow 14 feet tall. I know because I saw and helped eat the corn.

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
We were east of it, and the wind was blowing west, so even though we were relatively close, we only got about 6 inches.
I know my dad was worried, he was a crop duster, and they were all worried about the effects on their plane engines.

Thats some amazing corn!
"Build it and they will come!" (but you won't be able to find them, cause the corns too high!) he he

I guess we need to get back on topic.
I want you all to know that I am jealous of each and everyone of you that is vaping, while I sit here smoking.

I will compensate by eating too much.:banana:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
We were east of it, and the wind was blowing west, so even though we were relatively close, we only got about 6 inches.
I know my dad was worried, he was a crop duster, and they were all worried about the effects on their plane engines.

Thats some amazing corn!
"Build it and they will come!" (but you won't be able to find them, cause the corns too high!) he he

I guess we need to get back on topic.
I want you all to know that I am jealous of each and everyone of you that is vaping, while I sit here smoking.

I will compensate by eating too much.:banana:
You will have your gear soon and hopefully can quit smoking right away, but don't beat yourself up if you continue to smoke for awhile. Every cigarette you don't smoke is a win ;)

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Two-Bears, thanks for the info! I am absorbing any and all info I get. And, I stay busy reading here and watching videos.

I got mostly vanilla flavored juices, as I read here, somewhere on the forum, that the vanilla's and coffee flavors where a little stronger, so as a new vaper I will be able to taste them.

And I will take your advice and go on a taste testing expedition. I found a vape shop in the city, that I can go and have at it.

I have purchased my equipment, and now am just waiting for it to arrive.

My son has a mod, and let me try it. Ha ha he said I must be doing something wrong, because I didn't blow out a big vapor cloud. I just took a little hit. I remembered my, er, .... days, and didn't want to throw myself into a coughing fit!

But I finally took a fair sized hit, mouth to lung, and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't go into an uncontrollable coughing session. But, admittedly, I didn't max my lungs out on it, for fear of coughing.
So, I will just have to experiment around with it, to see what my lungs can tolerate.

I see that you are in Tuscon, I am originally from Phoenix, but now live down south in Louisiana, in Cajun country.
There is quite a contrast, I can tell you.
Ha ha
I started mouth to lung and progressed to direct lung. The amount of nicotine will also have a direct effect on coughing or not with direct lung more than mtl (mouth to lung). The more nicotine, the more it'll feel like someone pulled your lungs out and put them back wrong.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Welcome to the forums!
I too would recommend starting with mouth to lung hits and going from there. Subtanks (tanks with larger coils and loose draw) are all the rage lately, especially on vape forums, but we seem to easily forget that the draw and feel of them might not be what a new vaper is used to from cigarettes.

Keep in mind that vaping is a journey and it can take a bit to find juices you like, the right nicotine strength and so forth. The wonderful thing about vaping is that pretty much every aspect of how your vape works and feels can be changed to suit your needs and likes.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Yes indeed, my checkbook took a pretty big hit today! But, from all reading I have been doing, it seemed prudent to have a good supply of tanks, and replacement coils.

I pretty much had to buy the eleaf tanks, after watching the video about them. The guy rated them quite well, and geesh, for $10, it seemed like a no brainer. And, I will always have them on hand.

I am REALLY glad to hear that tanks can last up to 2 to 3 months, with proper care. I was a little worried about the price of replacing them if they only lasted a couole of days.

Thanks Chris, for the info on not burning the coils! I will be very careful with loading the juices into them, and try to use a proper draw technique, when vaping. Besides, I don't want to be known as the resident twittledawbler of my vaping community!!!!!!!

I feel like my lungs can't take a very big hit of vape at this time. I am sure they are congested with years of nastiness. But, I imagine everyone that quits smoking deals with this. Though, as a nurse, I imagine that the warm, moist vapors would help loosen the yucky stuff.

Hmmmm, now I am wondering if one could vape with a saline solution? I know it wouldn't taste good, but saline is what we use in the hospital to loosen mucous, so we can then suction it out of the lungs. Especially, if someone has a trach, we literally almost pour saline into the lungs, then go and quickly suction it out, along with the mucous plugs.

Well, at the very least, the warm, moist vapors will help.

I also see myself DIY my juices in the very near future. (More videos to watch)
I am curious about the "taste" of vaping. But guess it is just something I will have to experience to understand. But, while shopping for juices, they talked about the flavor " going in " and then experiencing a different flavor while it is" going out ".
So, this has really peeked my curiosity about experiencing these different effects.
But, if the proper way to vape is to use the diaphragm and drawing straight to the lung, how do we experience taste going in?
I guess I will just have to wait and see. Ha ha

I guess as far as vaping in public, it is the same as where we are allowed to smoke?

I see they have a holder for you devices made for in the car.
I was wondering if they have something for the coffee table? It seems important to not lay them down, or the juices might leak and get on parts they shouldn't?

(Oooh, I am just soo excited! I can't wait for my treats to arrive!)

I did find some vape shops in my general vicinity. I'm out in the country, and frankly try to avoid going to the city, but guess it will be worth a trip, so I can try a bunch of flavors.

Should I bring my device with me? Or do they have some kind of disposable tanks they use?

Thanks again for all the help. ( If you can't tell, I'm somewhat excited!) ha ha

Hi Czarina, and welcome to ECF, and a smoke free life! Your excitement and enthusiasm are WONDERFUL!! I absolutely love it. PLEASE come join us in the latest contest/giveaway thread. I just love to see people so happy to be here, in these threads. You can sign up for the BIG drawing at the following link, and participate, a LOT if you can, in the discussions. ALL questions are welcome there, too! And they count towards winning! Bonus!

Running - Wow! Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

Last edited:
Reactions: f1vefour

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
A couple of more questions.( please forgive me if these seem elementary, but I am trying to research rather than ask, so these questions I either can't find answers for, or don't understand the answer when I do find it)

#1 Do I need a dripper?
And what exactly is its function?
And, I thought I saw in one of the videos I watched about the Aspire mini Nautilus, that I have ordered, that it looked like an "extra" part that came in the box, BUT, the guy doing the video, didn't use that one, but seemed to have a personal preference of his own?

#2 Is there, and do I need a " stand, or box or something similar" to keep my device in, for on the coffee table? (I know there is one for the car)

Is it ok for my device to lay down on its side,( like from a big dog's wagging tail, knocking it down), OR will the juice leak, and get on parts it shouldn't?

If a "container" is suggested, is there a preferred model/brand?

Thanks!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
A couple of more questions.( please forgive me if these seem elementary, but I am trying to research rather than ask, so these questions I either can't find answers for, or don't understand the answer when I do find it)

#1 Do I need a dripper?
And what exactly is its function?
And, I thought I saw in one of the videos I watched about the Aspire mini Nautilus, that I have ordered, that it looked like an "extra" part that came in the box, BUT, the guy doing the video, didn't use that one, but seemed to have a personal preference of his own?

#2 Is there, and do I need a " stand, or box or something similar" to keep my device in, for on the coffee table? (I know there is one for the car)

Is it ok for my device to lay down on its side,( like from a big dog's wagging tail, knocking it down), OR will the juice leak, and get on parts it shouldn't?

If a "container" is suggested, is there a preferred model/brand?

Thanks!

It may be needed. And the vape shop may have little devices like the folks at Velvet Vapors they have little devices that hold 1-1.5 ml of a sample of every ejuice they sell.

A dripper is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. It has a coil and a wick (usually cotton.) Put s few drops of the juice on the wick and taste the juice. Vape until the wick gets almost dry then put s few drops of another juice and taste that.

You may be able to borrow s dripper from a friend and the vape shop may have a dripper you can use for a while to taste the juices.

For sanitary reasons I would recommend taking your own drip tip.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
To answer the second one first. I use a coffee cup to set my stuff in inside the home, another coffee cup in the drink holder in my truck. Tanks don't usually leak if they fall over and are in their side but you might get a dry hit at first (yuk) so if it's on its side a while take a puff without pressing the battery button to kinda reprime the wick.
A dripper is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer that is used for getting a more intense flavor and vapor cloud and in my case the extra vapor heated means more nicotine. They also have the rebuildable part for those that like to tinker. You can make your own coils and put in your own wicks to fine tune your vaping experience and just have fun learning the techniques to get there. It can be fun or miserable as you find your perfect match. A drawback to them is the need to rejuice the wicks often because there is no tank to hold gobs of juice, only a small well at the bottom at most. Some think it's well worth all the effort, some don't. There are RTAs (rebuildable tank atomizer) that hold juice like your normal tanks but instead of being buy pre built coil/wick assemblies only you can rebuild the wick and coil yourself. The Subtank, and others, come with both prebuilt coil/wick assemblies and a rebuilding deck so you can use which ever your in the mood for or grow into rebuilding as your confidence comes while still using a prebuilt assembly while learning but you also get pretty darn close to dripper performance in the prebuilt stuff and not need worry about needing to rejuice so often. Drippers are fun to use but they are more work and not really suitable to use while driving due to need for frequent juicing or leaks from it tipping lie drippers do when toppled over. They're fine for a short trip to the store, or whatever, but juicing and driving can be rather dangerous .
I love my drippers but I'm really really enjoying my rtas when not sitting around reading or watching tv. They're much more suited to being active and carrying around than rdas.
For that matter, an evod tank (older style of juice tank ) with some parmagranet flavored juice works great for me when I REALLY want a cigarette. It's a low wattage, single coil tank that doesn't produce a lot if vapor and flavor but mimics a cigarette like nothing else I've ever tried. They're cheap to buy and cheaper to use plus give any flavor juice a throat hit like nothing else.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread