Non-High VG juice in a Reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was curious and used my Halo points on a free bottle and got the Prime15 without realizing it wasn't high VG. Just put it in my Reactor and I have to say I'm getting a lot of flavor, more than I had gotten with the High VG Malibu and no lack of clouds. I'm kind of liking it. It's a little nuttier than I remember, but still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Does it seem too strong? I have been curious about that.

I want to get a bottle of 100% VG. I have a lot of regular Halo juice that I would like to try in the reactor. It is all 6mg. I have been using 3mg high VG juice in the reactor. So I have considered mixing it half and half with straight VG to lower the NIC down to 3, and raise the VG percentage.

With the Triton I was vaping 18mg juice and thinking of moving back down to 12mg. I got 6mg with the new Reactor and I was definitely overdoing it. I was getting a bit nauseous and irritated at everything around me. Now that I've switched down to 3mg it's good. I like the little bit more flavor I'm getting and the throat hit isn't that much stronger. I still have to play around with it since I've only got the one tank so far and can't swap juices as easily and done have much to try right now. I've got more on order coming in, but I think in the future I might not mind a little higher PG since I'm not a "cloud pimp".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveOno

grumpman

Nov 26, 2015
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forum and i am hoping that someone in the group can help me out with my questions...
I've been using the Triton for about 4 months (used it to quit aa 35yr smoking habit). My "goto" juices have been Tribeca and Prime 15.
Recently I've upgraded to the reactor and made what might have been a foolish mistake. While i am completely satisfied with the move from the Triton to the reator, I purchased 3 bottles of the each (Tribeca and Prime) in the high-vg formula when i purchased the Reactor.
Some feedback and questions...
  • Prime 15 (V-Type). While the flavor is somewhat subdued vs. the original formula, overall i do not experience any after taste. I would recommend that Halo increases the flavor a little to match that of the original formula. Has anyone tried the original formula in the reactor? If so, can you tell me if overall flavor is similar to vaping Prime in the Triton?
  • Tribeca (V-Type). I am experiencing a weird after taste with this and it is almost like vaping burnt vegetable oil. Has anyone tried the original formula in the reactor? If so, can you tell me if overall flavor is similar to vaping Tribeca in the Triton?
  • If flavor production of the Tribeca original formula in the Reactor is similar to that in the Triton, is it possible to mix a 50/50 (original formula and V-type)? I don't know if i can stomach the after taste of the V-type and counting the free bottle (x2 starter kits) + another 3 that i purchased, i have a lot of juice I'm not sure i can use....
I agree with Saundhaus that if you are moving to the Reactor from a triton or similar setup, cut your nicotine level by at least half, possibly 2/3 depending on your vaping frequency. I was at 18mg with the Triton and the 6mg supplied with the starter kit is more than sufficient. I may go down to 3mg on my next purchase.

Overall, i am highly impressed with Halo (product and customer service), but do agree with other posts and commentary across the web... Halo needs to release a glass tank / stainless body version for the Triton. My wife is still using the Triton and we have lost count how many tanks have experienced " spider cracking" since we've started vaping.

Last edited:

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
I cannot answer all of your questions. But I do want to recommend playing around with the wattage on the reactor to change the flavors to suit you. I personally find that I like the flavors and temperature in the 25-28watt range.

I find that anything below 20Watts is not good. And I find that anything over 30watts is overly warm for me. Sure I have showed off at 40-50watts...... but that's all it is. I don't comfortably vape that high.

So now that I have the Reactor mod a friend of mine wants me to be a total vaping geek like him and he sent me a coil rebuild kit, 28 gauge Ni200 and then today I received this...
561a6b18a29895725f68bddcd8b46291.jpg

Now I have a dripper/tank to try with my Reactor.

Baghdad by the Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread