Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I transferred my coil over from the Nautilus Mini so there was no priming or waiting necessary. I'd actually forgotten that the taste was supposed to be better with a Kabuki, so my first inhale was a bit of a shock, I actually ended up coughing. My immediate reaction and impression was that the pear and peach juice was a LOT stronger now, but actually, analysing itwhat's happening is that the Kabuki concentrates the taste whereas other tanks just let the taste sort of fade away or get lost somewhere between the coil and the tip. Hmmm, not easy to describe what's going on but I feel the Kabuki kind of 'holds' the flavour together as it goes from the coil up the chimney then gently releases it onto your tongue.

If anyone who is reading this is scoffing at the idea that a tank would improve the taste so much - even when using the exact same coil - seriously, I'm amazed, you just gotta try a Kabuki.

:)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I fill mine before they empty. Glass is essential with the Kabuki (for me).

And since you brought it up, so are NLV Red Apple, Tappulles & BluBerry Beach. SinnRolz is a mighty fine addition too, but since I only have three Kabuki's, it is relegated to a Nauti tank. Red Apple and Tappulles are my constant-vapes, but I've got a think for apples (and the color orange). I have no idea why (either).
OK OK. I'll add the Red Apple and BluBerry to the cart. But, that's it. No more. LOL

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
OK OK. I'll add the Red Apple and BluBerry to the cart. But, that's it. No more. LOL

Oh jeez - I hope you don't hate 'em. I was just giving my opinion, not trying to influence... :ohmy:

IF you do add them, I DO hope you like them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Note to @Zen~ - I really like the designs on the stainless steel tanks but none of them "fit" me. I do like the GMZ but it doesn't go with anything I have. Will there be more designs coming out?

I'm hoping for a GMZ, even though I'm not certain I'll use it. But it's SO purdy!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hope you all had a great Turkey day. Quick question ~ I've read so much about the Kabuki/Radius combo yet for the life of me I don't recall anyone's opinion of the Kabuki on the ProVari 2.5.

Any info would be helpful & thanks in advance.

Sent from my i6S+

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I have purchased 3 Kabuki's in the past 15 days or so but this...
kabukielegant.jpeg

..has me thinking I just may need a 4th. A work of art IMHO.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Hope you all had a great Turkey day. Quick question ~ I've read so much about the Kabuki/Radius combo yet for the life of me I don't recall anyone's opinion of the Kabuki on the ProVari 2.5.

Sent from my i6S+
I've used the 510 version of the MBV Kabuki on the Provari Ti 2.5 and it vapes great. Not sure how it would look without a ring on the beveled 2.5, but the flavor is great! Since Zen~ performed the top cap upgrades on the 2 minis I have, I prefer to use the P3 Kabuki on those. Hope that helps.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA

Sent from my i6S+
I run them on my Radius and 2.5's, no difference unless you are Boost enthusiast that I can tell. Hands down best tank I have ever owned.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Sent from my i6S+
They're great, Scandel. In fact, they're great on everything I've thrown it on/in. They're just great.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's very purdy. I'm not a collector though. I like to use my equipment so I'd have to buy another battery to use it on.
I do understand that, Susan, and I appreciate it too. The GMZ (everything) have always had a BIG hold on my rational judgment though. I'm helpless in its presence.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've used the 510 version of the MBV Kabuki on the Provari Ti 2.5 and it vapes great. Not sure how it would look without a ring on the beveled 2.5, but the flavor is great! Since Zen~ performed the top cap upgrades on the 2 minis I have, I prefer to use the P3 Kabuki on those. Hope that helps.
Agreed. And they also look great with any ring, even on a tapered cap. I happen to prefer ProVape rings, but any will work fine.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)

How do the 501 and P3 differ in draw etc? Which one do you like better?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I do understand that, Susan, and I appreciate it too. The GMZ (everything) have always had a BIG hold on my rational judgment though. I'm helpless in its presence.

If I already had something GMZ then I'd be waiting for the doors to open on Friday for this one. Wonder what time the sale is starting? I'm on CA time so I usually miss out on the good stuff.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
How do the 501 and P3 differ in draw etc? Which one do you like better?
No difference in draw that I can tell - I prefer a restrictive lung hit, which the Kabuki provides easily. As for preferences, I like the P3 Kabuki as all of my provari have the P3 top cap. If I am using a different mod, then the 510 is my Kabuki of choice (haven't found another mod that uses the P3 connector :)). I did find the o-rings on the MBV 510 were not as tight as the P3 Kabuki - nothing that caused leaks or anything, but definitely something I had to be careful with when refilling the tank. Once I replaced the o-rings, I do not have that issue.

With that being said, I also use a number of flavor RTAs in rotation, which I enjoy very much. The Kabuki is great for when I'm out and about and unable to rebuild easily. I also tend to carry it as a backup just in case something happens to the build of one of my other RTAs.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
No difference in draw that I can tell - I prefer a restrictive lung hit, which the Kabuki provides easily. As for preferences, I like the P3 Kabuki as all of my provari have the P3 top cap. If I am using a different mod, then the 510 is my Kabuki of choice (haven't found another mod that uses the P3 connector :)). I did find the o-rings on the MBV 510 were not as tight as the P3 Kabuki - nothing that caused leaks or anything, but definitely something I had to be careful with when refilling the tank. Once I replaced the o-rings, I do not have that issue.

With that being said, I also use a number of flavor RTAs in rotation, which I enjoy very much. The Kabuki is great for when I'm out and about and unable to rebuild easily. I also tend to carry it as a backup just in case something happens to the build of one of my other RTAs.

OK thanks... I am debating getting a Provari Ti 2.5 with a P3 kabuki.

Just need to decide on a damn LED color... green or blue.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
OK thanks... I am debating getting a Provari Ti 2.5 with a P3 kabuki.

Just need to decide on a damn LED color... green or blue.
One of each? ;). I have the blue and really like it - very clear and easy on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread