• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UD Bellus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel.

Verified Member
May 18, 2013
hi guys! as promised, i did a coil build perpendicular to the airhole.

the closest build i can find is the petri coil build, so i'm not too sure how to go about doing it. but i did anyway!

i did a 2.5mm coil with titanium, 7-8 wraps. it came up to .38ohm. not too shabby. as you can see from the picture below, the coil sits comfortably between the posts with plenty of room. it's a little tricky to place the coil there without screwing up the coil itself.

b5fwva.jpg

cut a strip of cotton, about 4mm wide and slotted it below the coil. i then divided up the wick into the 4 channels and juiced it up!

fw69zl.jpg

i prefer running a single coil. but on a bellus that means i will sacrifice my airflow with the silicone insert blocking up one side. on this build, the airflow is great, it's like sucking on a straw. no resistance, no nothing. but that's just my personal preference. i also felt that the flavor is more intense.

overall, i feel i would prefer this build over running a single coil 'conventional' build as i personally prefer little to no resistance draw. however, it's still too early to say for sure. i might give it a day or two to settle on my favourite!

8/10!

Last edited:

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
hi guys! as promised, i did a coil build perpendicular to the airhole.

the closest build i can find is the petri coil build, so i'm not too sure how to go about doing it. but i did anyway!

i did a 2.5mm coil with titanium, 7-8 wraps. it came up to .38ohm. not too shabby. as you can see from the picture below, the coil sits comfortably between the posts with plenty of room. it's a little tricky to place the coil there without screwing up the coil itself.

b5fwva.jpg

cut a strip of cotton, about 4mm wide and slotted it below the coil. i then divided up the wick into the 4 channels and juiced it up!

fw69zl.jpg

i prefer running a single coil. but on a bellus that means i will sacrifice my airflow with the silicone insert blocking up one side. on this build, the airflow is great, it's like sucking on a straw. no resistance, no nothing. but that's just my personal preference. i also felt that the flavor is more intense. vapor production wise, it's not that big of a cloud anymore

overall, i feel i would prefer this build over running a single coil 'conventional' build as i personally prefer little to no resistance draw. however, it's still too early to say for sure. i might give it a day or two to settle on my favourite!

8/10!

why didnt you run your cotton inside of the coil? like this wont you be vaping more hot metal than juice as the coils on the top would turn red? i dunno im just asking

Joel.

Verified Member
May 18, 2013
why didnt you run your cotton inside of the coil? like this wont you be vaping more hot metal than juice as the coils on the top would turn red? i dunno im just asking

shucks! that totally slipped off my mind. i was trying to follow the petri coil build that i forget i can actually put it through the coil itself.

You probably should put wick at the top like the petri.

i not sure if that it will helps as petri is an RDA. would the wick at the top of the coil get enough juice in an RTA? i guess i could try..

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
shucks! that totally slipped off my mind. i was trying to follow the petri coil build that i forget i can actually put it through the coil itself.

i not sure if that it will helps as petri is an RDA. would the wick at the top of the coil get enough juice in an RTA? i guess i could try..
You probably need to wait a whole lot longer for the juice to get on to the top wick.. I don't know. Haha

Cause all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448952654.457938.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448952679.127099.jpg

So, I've been using Bellus for a while. It's all good and it performs quite well.

However every 1-2 days I notice that I'm getting a bit burnt taste. The above photos shows how the coil looks.

When i check on the cotton, they were fine... Slightly discoloured but if I rinse it, it came back to white (No, i am not using back the used cotton, I just rinse it to see if it is burnt or not).

Is this because of my kanthal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread