Kangertech Subox Mini vs Nano kits. Why no RBA with the Nano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
To say the least I have been wanting to go Sub Ohm for sometime. But I would for the most part want to Avoid using an RDA. As of late there have been some great Sub Ohm tank's hitting the market. I have been eyeballing the subox series of devices for a while now.

I primarily want the Subox Mini kit because of the RBA head that comes with it. But as many of you know that the Subox Nano does not come with the RBA. Is their a reason for this? Does the RBA that comes with the Subox Mini not fit in the Nano tank? Doesn't the atomizer's that you buy for the Subox Mini the same one's you buy for Subox Nano?

Also as Rip Trippers has shown on Youtube the disposable Atomizer Heads are very easy to rebuild, even easier to rebuild than a Kanger Pro Atomizer Head - and those are very easy to rebuild slash recoil and rewick.

So should I go with the Subox Mini because I will get the RBA Head with it or should I just get the Nano i stead?

I would appreciate any thought's and input into this discussion. Thank you as always.

Reactions: Coolhandluke

Coolhandluke

Moved On
Nov 11, 2015
Deland,Fl
I can almost guarantee that you would probably want the mini over nano. When you get into sub ohms you will find yourself cutting down on nic and running through juice pretty quickly. So with that said, the mini has more volume for juice. And the rba is awesome once you get the hang of it. The mini also has more room for other 22mm rdas and fits flush. If you tried putting a 22mm dripper rda on the nano the rda would hang over the box.

I'm going to say that kanger marketed the nano for brand new vapers and girls hence why no rba head and pink and purple colors.

My gf picked the mini over the nano and loves it. Her friend has the nano and has to fill it almost every hour. Hope this is helpful. Message me if you have any questions for me or her. Im a big fan of kanger and have been using their products for over 3 years

Reactions: aikanae1

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
Nano has one advantage over the mini; it's far better as a mouth draw unit, but still viable as direct draw. Mini not so much.

Couple of things to add... The v2 coils don't rebuild as easily and don't have as much room inside. If you're buying the new ones, be aware they are less flexible, but I've successfully rebuilt these too. Lastly, the main reason the rba isn't provided for the nano is because it reduces the capacity even further. Moreover it simply doesn't fit.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Well the deed has been done. $33.66 plus around $7 for 2 batteries that will will hit 30 amps when needed.

So the new subox atomizers are a little tougher to recoil? What is at issue.

Further Fasttech has the RBA Atomizers, 5 for some reason, so I will go out and probably buy them too. That is with a rebuildable coil jig too.

Again y'all thank you.

Coolhandluke

Moved On
Nov 11, 2015
Deland,Fl
A little tough but with trial the rba coil head can be mastered. The pre built coil heads or occ heads are vertical and you can turn the watts up a little higher in my exp. It's hard to do a vertical coil on the rba and wick it w/o getting in the way of the airflow. The easiest build for the rba is a horizontal coil, Just like the coils that usually come prebuilt in the rba head. I found that with the same ohm coils, I have to turn down the watts on the rba coil. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread