Tampa, FL

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You'd be happy to be here.
Why am I saying "pagan" - our ancestors had this Sun calendar, here's a good example:

saules_kalendars.JPG

R

Similar to mine. In our tradition we follow the Wheel of the Year.

585px-Wheel_of_the_Year.svg.png

(Hence I have not consumed a dead bird today.)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've always found cooter (what my cousins call turtles) recipes interesting. I don't know of any other recipes that include the main ingredient crawling away:

Luckily, cooking the turtle is a much easier procedure. First, chop off the head, but be careful, because it can still take a good chunk out of your finger. When the body starts to crawl away, dip it in boiling water and scrape off the shell. This way, you can enjoy your viciously murdered turtle carcass while minimizing the threat to your well-being.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo....... how was everyone's weather today? :blink:

LOVE the pics, SR. Absolutely beautiful. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Sorry 'bout that, TO. We'll be joining you soon enough.

Is THAT why you consumed no birds? Or was it that you were obsessed with the turtle idea?

Although not associated with the present holiday, I am partaking of another traditional American dish: the chili dog. It might have turkey in it, I don't know.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Although not associated with the present holiday, I am partaking of another traditional American dish: the chili dog. It might have turkey in it, I don't know.

Hmmmmmmmm. No argument from me on that one. Sounds pretty dayum good actually. Give thanks for the chili and consume said doggish in peaceful bliss.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
So do I get a ghostie radius or a zombie P3 with the third p3-kabuki tomorrow since there is the 10% off... I do prefer the form factor of the radius and lack of knocking over, but on the other hand its nice to be able to just swap out the battery on the p3.

Then i really will stop lol.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
We are currently 25 degrees and snowing. Supposedly, I live in the desert. :cry:

:( i hope it returns to the regularly programmed weather soon. I wouldn't mind more snow here now either... At the point where i just want the cold to set in and get over the teasing lol

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
:( i hope it returns to the regularly programmed weather soon. I wouldn't mind more snow here now either... At the point where i just want the cold to set in and get over the teasing lol

Sadly, after two relatively warm winters I think this will be the regularly programmed weather this year. I just hope it won't be another Pogonip - I've been through one and that was enough for a lifetime.

Reactions: gnees

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Sadly, after two relatively warm winters I think this will be the regularly programmed weather this year. I just hope it won't be another Pogonip - I've been through one and that was enough for a lifetime.

What's a pogonip? We had that artic vortex or whatever it was called the last 2 years, this time its supposed to be cold but not several days of - frostbite within 10 mins, just don't leave your homes people cold - which will be nice.

Reactions: gnees

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've always found cooter (what my cousins call turtles) recipes interesting. I don't know of any other recipes that include the main ingredient crawling away:

Luckily, cooking the turtle is a much easier procedure. First, chop off the head, but be careful, because it can still take a good chunk out of your finger. When the body starts to crawl away, dip it in boiling water and scrape off the shell. This way, you can enjoy your viciously murdered turtle carcass while minimizing the threat to your well-being.
We used to catch and eat snapping turtles when I was a kid. Some of the richest tasting meat I have ever eaten, besides fresh water eels, which are also a delicacy, par boiled and then grilled.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
We used to catch and eat snapping turtles when I was a kid. Some of the richest tasting meat I have ever eaten, besides fresh water eels, which are also a delicacy, par boiled and then grilled.
I've only had unagi with the teriyaki sauce on it. Love the stuff with rice.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've only had unagi with the teriyaki sauce on it. Love the stuff with rice.
Some of my fondest memories are of me and my brothers, dad, and uncles fishing the local rivers at night for eels and horned pout, with kerosene lanterns, sodas for us boys and beers for the adults. Those were some very fun times. Summertime at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread