FDA FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The fine point I've identified is to buy mods without boards and wires ;)

Quality batteries are always a good investment though :)

I've done some of each. I have 16 mechs. I don't know yet how long a regulated mod can last, but I figure if properly stored I may have enough for 2 decades :D

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've done some of each. I have 16 mechs. I don't know yet how long a regulated mod can last, but I figure if properly stored I may have enough for 2 decades :D
These days I use the same mod and rda every day all day. I even vape one flavor. I'm stuck on temp control. I'll get a few, give them a week or 2 of testing then store until what I'm using stops working. May be I'll never need them but it's stupid to have the vulnerability when insurance is so cheap. I'll store some rda's unused to preserve the threading. It comes down to atomizers, mods, and nic. 3 bottles of nic should last me 10 years but if I really need them they won't because I'll take care of my brother no matter what so it's really 5 years. Hopefully all this will turn out to be unnecessary. May be someday I'll have to throw out some over aged nic but I bet it will keep as long as I need it to in the freezer. So I'm on my way to Pluto, how much vaping stuff do I need to take and how do I make it last?

Reactions: Oregon Linda

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
These days I use the same mod and rda every day all day. I even vape one flavor. I'm stuck on temp control. I'll get a few, give them a week or 2 of testing then store until what I'm using stops working. May be I'll never need them but it's stupid to have the vulnerability when insurance is so cheap. I'll store some rda's unused to preserve the threading. It comes down to atomizers, mods, and nic. 3 bottles of nic should last me 10 years but if I really need them they won't because I'll take care of my brother no matter what so it's really 5 years. Hopefully all this will turn out to be unnecessary. May be someday I'll have to throw out some over aged nic but I bet it will keep as long as I need it to in the freezer. So I'm on my way to Pluto, how much vaping stuff do I need to take and how do I make it last?

I'm not sure. I've never been to Pluto.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It is when the topic of the thread is constantly derailed, the original thought process gets sidetracked and the OP doesn't get a concise response to a genuine question that he/she has.

What I've found is that once the OP's ideas are given due consideration and discussion, there's a lot of things (drivel) that can derail a thread - there is nothing more frequent an invocation on these forums than "BT" and "BP" - anti-corporate/anti-business mentality. And yet many of those who like to bring it up on every thread, smoked for decades - they loved BT's products - they hated the prices - prices due mainly to taxes. As far as "BP" goes - I'm guessing very few will opt out of prescription drugs or chemo therapy if that ever becomes the situation - and yet despite having been and perhaps will be willing customers, that won't stop the hatred even though the latter may save their lives. And those are political tags. So when someone points that out - they're the bad guys according to what you're saying. A lot of times, I, for one, am trying to get the train back on the track, sometimes it takes a long route to do it. But by some comments and the 'likes' some seem to enjoy the trip. This:

FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

.... is a pretty nice compliment. Greatly appreciated.

Can't please everyone though :- )

Some people in news media forum seem to think it perfectly ok (and non-political) to say 'I hate Fox News, but have to agree with Greg Gutfeld's views on ecigs.' But if I (or someone else) would do the same regarding NPR, then I'm being 'political'. I understand it and expect it. And I think I mix up the subjects fairly well - yes they have a common strain - just like BT and BP and other progressive concepts do, but even with them not always the same take. I try to tailor it to the subject, comment or question.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Has it been suggested to the forum owner to create a catagory for stockpiling? I'm finding it an interesting part of the hobby. It doesn't have to cost much.
I doubt it warrants an entire section, but someone could certainly start a fresh thread on the subject in General Vaping Discussion.
The fine point I've identified is to buy mods without boards and wires ;)
Quality batteries are always a good investment though :)
I'd like to discuss both of those points, but I don't think this thread is the right place to do so.

Reactions: B2L

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well, I did say "fresh". All but one of those threads is expired (no longer open for replies) and that one that's open hasn't seen any traffic on close to two weeks. But since it IS open, I'll take the mods and batteries thing there. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well, I did say "fresh". All but one of those threads is expired (no longer open for replies) and that one that's open hasn't seen any traffic on close to two weeks. But since it IS open, I'll take the mods and batteries thing there. :)

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter. The same conversation we've been having here since 2009. Or was it 2008? Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Especially when it comes to government regulations.
proxy.php

Reactions: MacTechVpr

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I think if the Product in question did Not Contain Nicotine which was Derived from Tobacco, and was Not Marketed/Advertised as being meant to be used with an e-Cigarette, or sold with an e-Cigarette, that a Court may see it as an Overstep of the FDA's Authority to Regulate Tobacco Products.
In the good old days this could be true. Unfortunately the FDA's proposed Intended Use regulations
will cover virtually anything out there now and into the future. Correct me if I am wrong.
Assuming Intended Use is for deemed tobacco products this would spell the end to paraphenalia.
Such items marked intended for tobacco use only. (wink,wink) The FDA could assert its
authority using the new Intended Use doctrine as this tobacco product is not intended
to be used for tobacco and therefore not a tobacco product. I don't know if that would
make them illegal but, it would certainly open the door for future regulations to ban
them for what they are. I know the government has been harshly criticized for this faux pas
in the past.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, but it doesn't really matter. The same conversation we've been having here since 2009. Or was it 2008? Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Especially when it comes to government regulations.
proxy.php
Sure, but there are always newer folks who'd prefer to discuss things in real time rather than wade though stale threads and operate on the assumption that the information contained therein is still the best available and still applicable in the current context.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    So I repeat, if there's to be compromise why can't it be on our terms?

Does the hawk bow before the mouse?

As I read this, there are 14 pages of comments on this forum topic, possibly 50 people commenting, and another 50 reading the comments. 100 to 150 people people involved, max, on a pretty significant vaping site.

I will keep prodding people to contact local politicians and Congress, do so myself, and the 100+ people reading will also do so, but the US is 360 million people, and the FDA like all government agencies, have been appointed and given the power to define and mandate maximums or limits that citizens of the United States must live by nationwide.

I'm willing to bet that very few people contacted Alderman in the City of Chicago, or members of Congress regarding vaping regulation and taxation. Jan 1, 2016, retailers in the City of Chicago are going to be passing along a 55 cent per ml tax on ALL vape juice sold within city limits.

Is time running out...or is it already up? If we are to successfully meet all of these issues head on, we need to have passion, deep funding, and citizens who vape to go to the vape shops to hand out literature to each customer for weeks to organize and inform, for us to have anywhere near a successful campaign. We are accomplishing little to nothing.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I'm not just talking about vaping, per se, I'm talking about ALL government. If the argument is that it is government and the history of government is the problem, HOW do we as individuals change 'history repeating itself'?

Give me something concrete to do. Quit talking around, that's the same thing that politicians do, give me stuff to do. I'll be glad to do my part. I just need to know what it is that will stop the cycle.

Do I need to bear arms? Protest? WHAT?!?!? Throw me a bone here....

I just posted a comment and I think it is what we need to do. Get organized at the shop and show level, and motivate people to show up at their Alderman, State Official, or Congressman's office to drill the point home.

Reactions: DC2

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Has it been suggested to the forum owner to create a catagory for stockpiling?

I suggest the creation of a PREPPER forum category where people can talk about riding out all regulations, City, State and Federal, should they come to bear.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Does the hawk bow before the mouse?

As I read this, there are 14 pages of comments on this forum topic, possibly 50 people commenting, and another 50 reading the comments. 100 to 150 people people involved, max, on a pretty significant vaping site.

I will keep prodding people to contact local politicians and Congress, do so myself, and the 100+ people reading will also do so, but the US is 360 million people, and the FDA like all government agencies, have been appointed and given the power to define and mandate maximums or limits that citizens of the United States must live by nationwide.

I'm willing to bet that very few people contacted Alderman in the City of Chicago, or members of Congress regarding vaping regulation and taxation. Jan 1, 2016, retailers in the City of Chicago are going to be passing along a 55 cent per ml tax on ALL vape juice sold within city limits.

Is time running out...or is it already up? If we are to successfully meet all of these issues head on, we need to have passion, deep funding, and citizens who vape to go to the vape shops to hand out literature to each customer for weeks to organize and inform, for us to have anywhere near a successful campaign. We are accomplishing little to nothing.

Good points. And if we mire ourselves in politics we lose 9of10 vapers out there. So it has to be on point. A powerful point. What I've gotten from this community in 2-1/2 years…vapers, vendors, activists...is we'll keep on vapin'. But the constituency (vapers) have no legal standing in this struggle. We're not engaged. The uncommitted must be put on notice that there was a ticket at the door, one that beyond kickin' means defending the right to stay quit. Well that laundry ticket's come due, or we all lose.

Government fails when we deprive them of the revenue they seek. Make them certain. Our consumer power trumps their tax and control addiction.

Pick up on this post and CASAA's survey and follow the several questions on this theme.

We haven't sent the message we're all feeling. So they don't. It needs to be heard loud and clear…we will not quit. We won't settle for an attenuated semblance of what has worked for us…and pay for the privilege. I believe in the effectiveness of the e-cig. I believe the stats and the surveys. We will make our own way.

We've got lot's of material to work with like the powerful video's out of CA and the feature A Billion Lives to name a few that serve to help guide vaper's and non-vapers. These are the reasons. But the outcome we intend is what we need them to repeat. To everyone. We've been posing the question to each other for years. But we're preaching to the choir. Time to change the direction of that voice.

We move ourselves out of the path of the regulator's bullet, we leave them shooting blanks. Deploy this theme because we must. It's the truth. But the more it gains momentum, the better the argument and power. The longer we wait, the harder it will be and its relative effectiveness less. Transition from capitalization to production of alternatives happens rapidly today. So we can't count on any continuity of products when the hammer can be dropped at any time. Once government realizes the power of this theme, then support for extending existing retailing will be seen as antithetical. We have a delicate road to travel I feel as momentum must build quickly. Faster than they are prepared to respond. They'll ponder rapid roll-out (approvals) for alternatives although I don't believe they want to ban but to transition. Yet this is a sticky problem for them. Government is a lumbering tank constrained by its own process and real fear of exposure for its intentions. We with social media are light speed. Let's use it!

The uncommitted vaper is the mission. We the vaping constituency must get a foot in the door to this fight.

And the word NO carries a lot of weight.

The alternative? The rancid stigmatization of smokers. Welcome back old friend.

Not to decide is to decide.

Good luck.

:)

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Good points. And if we mire ourselves in politics we lose 9of10 vapers out there. So it has to be on point. A powerful point. What I've gotten from this community in 2-1/2 years…vapers, vendors, activists...is we'll keep on vapin'. But the constituency (vapers) have no legal standing in this struggle. We're not engaged. The uncommitted must be put on notice that there was a ticket at the door, one that beyond kickin' means defending the right to stay quit. Well that laundry ticket's come due, or we all lose.

Pick up on this post and CASAA's survey and follow the several questions on this theme.

We haven't sent the message we're all feeling. So they don't. It needs to be heard loud and clear…we will not quit. We won't settle for an attenuated semblance of what has worked for us…and pay for the privilege. I believe in the effectiveness of the e-cig. I believe the stats and the surveys. We will make our own way.

We've got lot's of material to work with like the powerful video's out of CA and the feature A Billion Lives to name a few that serve to help guide vaper's and non-vapers. These are the reasons. But the outcome we intend is what we need them to repeat. To everyone. We've been posing the question to each other for years. But we're preaching to the choir. Time to change the direction of that voice.

We move ourselves out of the path of the regulator's bullet, we leave them shooting blanks. Deploy this theme because we must. It's the truth. But the more it gains momentum, the better the argument and power. The longer we wait, the harder it will be and its relative effectiveness less. Transition from capitalization to production of alternatives happens rapidly today. So we can't count on any continuity of products when the hammer can be dropped at any time. Once government realizes the power of this theme, then support for extending existing retailing will be seen as antithetical. We have a delicate road to travel I feel as momentum must build quickly. Faster than they are prepared to respond. They'll ponder rapid roll-out (approvals) for alternatives although I don't believe they want to ban but to transition. Yet this is a sticky problem for them. Government is a lumbering tank constrained by its own process and real fear of exposure for its intentions. We with social media are light speed. Let's use it!

The uncommitted vaper is the mission. We the vaping constituency must get a foot in the door to this fight.

And the word NO carries a lot of weight.

The alternative? The rancid stigmatization of smokers. Welcome back old friend.

Not to decide is to decide.

Good luck.

:)

Great post! I follow A Billion Lives on Twitter. They should release that film for FREE everywhere they can, especially on Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube. The more that see it as fast as possible, we may be able to do something.

Reactions: MacTechVpr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread