eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Maybe this decreasing base resistance was in fact meant as a safety precaution? I mean when the device detects that resistance is less than before, the logic behind changing the base res value might be that "user probably locked while hot, which might give them dry hits, so let's spare their throats". However I really hope that the true reason behind detecting a resistance drop is not a hardware issue and could be fixed by firmware. Fingers crossed.
Yep I'm going back tomorrow, ive given Joytech a chance and it hasnt worked, now Im also getting "weak battery" but when I used it in another mod it was fine. Over it, just need to work out what to get now.

Adelaide
I think I'm going to return mine too. Tomorrow is the last day I can return it to my local shop so I'll have to decide soon. The snow wolf mini looks interesting, but I've got to do a little more reading on it before I decide anything.

What are the other mods you're looking at?

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I have two of them and they both have been upgraded to firmware 2.0. No problems with either of them in TC with nickel or power mode with kanthal. The resistance is accurate to within .01 +/- as compared to my dna40 devices. I have been extremely satisfied with mine for the past month so much so I bought a kit for my son as a starter. I think it's a decent mod and a bargain for what you get for the price. Mind you I've never tried it with SS or Titanium so I can't comment there but my experience with nickel and kanthal have been flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I just ordered one with new new Tron-S tank from efun for 46€ shipping included to germany, I had bought one from my local reseller but for double the price oO". For those interrested, I will report when I get it.
Yeah I would like to know what hardware version you get. I got mine from efun as well but with the old tank. It was 1.10.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Well guys I'm out. I returned my vtc this morning. I think I'm going with the Treebox. My local shop wanted $100 for it so I'm just going to order it online. I'm sure there's plenty of black friday/cyber monday sales out there.

My dad's vtc from efun should be here soon so I'll still be able to fiddle with his. He only likes kanthal so I'm sure it'll work fine for him, but for me I'm done being a beta tester for joyetech. This is the last joyetech product I ever buy.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Connector on my Evic went loose just after a couple months and all RTAs are wiggling now. I can move them with my finger.
And another funny thing has happen today the nice blue flame came out of drip tip. I don't use a high power and my settings are 0.88/21/4.32V. Looks like it was a spike in voltage or smth that burned my wick. I removed the cap from RTA and it still keeps burning for about 3-4 minutes. The juice was burning too, whatever left of it in the base.

Attachments

• 2015-11-28 20.11.56.jpg
    2015-11-28 20.11.56.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Connector on my Evic went loose just after a couple months and all RTAs are wiggling now. I can move them with my finger.
And another funny thing has happen today the nice blue flame came out of drip tip. I don't use a high power and my settings are 0.88/21/4.32V. Looks like it was a spike in voltage or smth that burned my wick. I removed the cap from RTA and it still keeps burning for about 3-4 minutes. The juice was burning too, whatever left of it in the base.

By connector went loose you mean the 510 doesn't hold anymore or?
Did you fire it in power mode or tc mode? Nothing will save your dry wick in power mode..

Last edited:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Just got one last week and instantly updated to 2.0 firmware, no issues yet, like it so much I ordered another as MFS had a sale friday for $29. It looks like the new tron kit just upgrades the tank, from what I read it needed. I never used them so I don't know. one thing i do know is that the Evic VTC with upgrade firmware is great with my Crowns and most rda's in all modes, although I think I like power mode over the SS mode for Stainless coils. The Fremax Starrr tank seems to have a bit longer 510 so it does not sit totally flush on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread