Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm still using mods from last year with screw on battery doors :D So I have little screwdrivers sitting next to the penny also.

You're a lot more handy than I am, Roxy, and I think you're likely better with tools too. All I ever do is cause trouble with sharp, pointy objects. :confused:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm still using mods from last year with screw on battery doors :D So I have little screwdrivers sitting next to the penny also.

Have you got one of those Smowell things (that almost drove me into a white coat)?

OMG, I coulda killed that thing! :lol:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Have you got one of those Smowell things (that almost drove me into a white coat)?

OMG, I coulda killed that thing! :lol:

You don't want to know how many tools I have. I remodeled my house myself. I have pretty much everything :confused:

No, no Smowell, but older ipvs and Hanas.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You don't want to know how many tools I have. I remodeled my house myself. I have pretty much everything :confused:

No, no Smowell, but older ipvs and Hanas.
I'm envious of you people with such talents. And also very thankful for you, since I can vape because of you (types).

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm envious of you people with such talents. And also very thankful for you, since I can vape because of you (types).

And I bet you have better written and verbal skills than I do, and are more logical and analytical ;) A left brained person.

I am right brained. I excel in math, spacial relationships, art and music. I can take an engine apart or remodel a house with zero training. The words "term paper" made me throw up though from anxiety.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And I bet you have better written and verbal skills than I do, and are more logical and analytical ;) A left brained person.

I am right brained. I excel in math, spacial relationships, art and music. I can take an engine apart or remodel a house with zero training. The words "term paper" made me throw up though from anxiety.
Actually, we have MANY similarities, outside of the handy stuff. [emoji4]

Reactions: roxynoodle

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off adding a couple more quality devices or 10 cheap mods to stash away. Even if the cheapies only lasted 2 years, that's 20 years worth of regulated devices. IF the Radius were 60W, I would be very likely to add one. As of now I'm on the fence. And leaning more towards "easily repairable" mods. I have a lot of mechs.. some of my regulated mods could easily be modded to use a mosfet. Right now I'm thinking it would be easy to keep repairing an OKR type box so I may get a couple of those.

I haven't been vaping long enough yet to know how long my cheap mods can last. I have a few that are 15 months old. The funny part is one is an istick 20W though its with a friend now. And another is a ZNA clone. I've only bought a couple clone mods as generally they aren't what I would call quality, but that one is. Its very well put together with thick wiring. So are my Sigeleis so I'm expecting those to last a decent amount of time.

So I'm in a quandry...am I better off buying 10 Sigeleis?

Maybe then it just comes down to what you enjoy using the most day to day? I got a couple of sigelei 150 (non tc) and have a hex ohm 1 that i know work but are stored. I prefer the feel of the hex 2.1s day to day so those 2 are what i use day to day now. (Though the recent discovery of provari p3/radius with kabuki may mean its just 1 hex in daily use pretty soon). Anyways, point is the sigelei corners just aren't quite as comfy in the hand for me, but it still expect a couple of years out of them.

I hope the hexes with minimal potent. Adjustments and cinservative builds give ancoupke of years too.

The provaris i expect 4 to 5 years out of. I don't see any real evidence about many other mod makers for such longevity, other than optimism.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
A lot of talk about technical features. I'd like to hear from someone who has dropped it 20 times from the waist onto concrete.

I'm not trying to instigate anything. The poly-carbonate and framework are just still a question for me. Is there a test report out there somewhere?

Thanks

Edit: I thought about my initial question/concern and I should explain a bit more. First, are we promoting it like it is the same level of construction as the tube model? Also, I understand that the dropping of it would scratch, dent, etc., but would it still perform to its high standard? Those questions, for me, will lead me to consider the cost better. For those that are receiving the Radius, or a Provape rep, I'd be grateful to hear from.

Thanks
I'm way behind on this this thread but I can tell you I had some doubts with the polycarbonate myself. Even after finding out what grade they use ( mil spec aerospace grade which is a higher grade than used in handguns) I still had doubts. After all I have broken a glock frame.

I didn't buy mine, I was lucky and won one. I have used it daily since I got it and unlike my P3 I don't yet have a belt holster for it so it has been pocket carried or stuck in my tool pouches. It has been sat on while in my back pocket, stuck in my cargo pocket with keys n coins, in my nail bag while roofing and not even a scratch so far. Just the other day it fell out of my tool pouch, slid down a comp roof and fell about 15 feet onto gravel. There is a very slight(you really have to look for it) scuffing on the stainless but the polycarbonate is pristine. It's a damn tough shell.

Knowing what the raw materials cost wholesale,(I mod my own glock frames and make R/C parts with the slightly lower grade poly) and knowing the cost of class 3 circuit components(best grade available), and after seeing the workmanship first hand I can honestly say it is a good value at $200. It will last a long time.

The only known issue so far is a few bad capacitors got into the lot provape used in the start of production causing an output fault 7 error. A few (very few so far) got shipped but it has already been confirmed that the whole lot of capacitors was scrapped and replaced by a new batch. Provape is replacing those units as they show up but so far I have only seen half a dozen mentioned having this error. Not bad considering several thousand have already been sold.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Maybe then it just comes down to what you enjoy using the most day to day? I got a couple of sigelei 150 (non tc) and have a hex ohm 1 that i know work but are stored. I prefer the feel of the hex 2.1s day to day so those 2 are what i use day to day now. (Though the recent discovery of provari p3/radius with kabuki may mean its just 1 hex in daily use pretty soon). Anyways, point is the sigelei corners just aren't quite as comfy in the hand for me, but it still expect a couple of years out of them.

I hope the hexes with minimal potent. Adjustments and cinservative builds give ancoupke of years too.

The provaris i expect 4 to 5 years out of. I don't see any real evidence about many other mod makers for such longevity, other than optimism.

Yeah, the problem is none of my mods are more than 15 months old, so I don't know how long they can last. So its a tough call. Maybe in 4 years I'll be able to say, hey those first mods I bought ARE still working. Or maybe one or more still are. Or maybe none of them will be. They haven't been on the market long enough to know.

I did take advantage of BF specials to get some more cheapys for storage. So I guess I decided on volume rather than one possibly higher quality mod.

Reactions: madangus

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have the provari 2.5, use it daily, really enjoy it. And I really like everything I see about this radius...except that polycarbonate body....that has been a real buzz-kill for me. Originally I had thought it was like a polycarbonate shell over metal, when I found out it was only a polycarbonate body...well. Hoping they will come out with a version with a stainless body or something similar. But its good to know the polycarbonate shell is tougher than I thought.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I have the provari 2.5, use it daily, really enjoy it. And I really like everything I see about this radius...except that polycarbonate body....that has been a real buzz-kill for me. Originally I had thought it was like a polycarbonate shell over metal, when I found out it was only a polycarbonate body...well. Hoping they will come out with a version with a stainless body or something similar. But its good to know the polycarbonate shell is tougher than I thought.

It does feel pretty good in te hand too, and doesn't change temp compared to its surroundings which is nice. I know what you mean though its hard to match the feel of solid metal. Still, i would try it in person if you can... Classier than you migt think

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I do have the Koopor Plus, which is all stainless, and while heavy it feels solid and good in the hand. But that radius just looks....damned handsome. Plus I like how they bucked the chinese trend of not going temp control....heck, you can barely find any new mods that aren't tc.....don't like something pushed on me that I don't want. Koopor Plus has tc and watts only mod, I never use the tc.

Reactions: Katdarling

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Glock like :blink:

guns_wallpaper_glock__7__by_arielfireguns-d7bf7he.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread