Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Looks like some nice improvements, notably a better top fill method, a bigger build deck, revised AFC, and a narrower chimney.

Croak, you beat me to post about this tank. :) I watched the video too and I am impressed by their improvements. Richard does nice reviews. The Zephyrus has been one of my favorite tanks but it needed a few improvements and it looks like they may have done most of them. Most importantly a much bigger deck, and top fill improvement. I think this puts it them back in the leading RTA pack and will probably be on my shopping list when available.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Looks like some nice improvements, notably a better top fill method, a bigger build deck, revised AFC, and a narrower chimney.

Nice improvements generally, especially the deck size and top fill. I can't agree the narrower chimney is one of them though. Wider chimneys yield brighter flavor--I use up to 11mm ID chimneys in modified tanks--narrower chimneys soften the vapor and flavor, reducing brightness. I prefer brighter flavor and vapor. When I go back to narrower chimneys like Orchid (with the same build and juice) the difference becomes really obvious.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Could you explain your use of the term "brightness" when it comes to vaping?

And do keep in mind that the Zephyrus V1 had a fairly large ID chimney to start with, larger diameter than a Smok TFV4 for example.

Certain kinds of e-juice flavors, citrus and spices most obviously, have very bright flavor notes that a dripper or wide chimney tank will deliver better. Others like custards, creams and most tobaccos are deeper and less bright. Bigger chimneys don't enhance them very much, though flavors added to them will be enhanced, for example, ginger or lemon in a custard blend.

When a chef says a dish needs "acid," that's brightness the way I'm using the word.

If you got the wicking right, Zephyrus V1 could produce excellent vapor and flavor IMO, on par with Goliath, arguably even Bellus. However, none of those can produce flavors quite as "bright" as Goblin Mini can. Shorter chimneys, like wider ones, also enhance brightness.

This is all from personal experience, @Croak, and hardly objective. Modifying RTAs gave me the best insight into how these dimensional changes affect the vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirkulis

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I liked my v1 but moved away from it due to the deck restrictions. Looks like they improved most of my concerns. However maybe I have gotten spoiled but would have like to see some type of juice flow control. The rta I use now allows me to cut the juice off from the deck, draw a time or two and pull the deck off without the cotton being dripping wet. Like I said guess I'm spoiled but being able to do that is nice, and can be put up while using my dripper without leaking even being possible.

Reactions: ashtrayogdc

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
It's a 4 post deck.

Sorry, but that's 3 posts. one in the center and two on the sides. it means you have to build offset coils with one leg being much longer than the other. it's a flawed design that I hoped would start disappearing, especially after the nice 2 post decks UD made for the Goliaths and Bellus.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Preaching to the choir brother, but non TC folks still seem to like these things for some reason, I guess familiarity/similarity to popular dripper designs. Steamcrave did it initially, so did the new Mutation RTA and the Billow series, among other popular RTA models out there. Youde's single most popular atomizer ever, the Goblin Mini, has a similar deck and the worst possible filling method.

And they do have FOUR post holes, just to niggle about semantics. :)

UD is probably just covering their bases by keeping their target market large...remember that the Goliath V2 did everything the Zephyrus did (RTA, pre-built coil option, single coil plug) with a different deck design, and they sold alongside each other.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Well I pulled the trigger on 3 of them today. 2 silver and 1 black. One silver is a Xmas gift. The silver atty's are $25.99 and the black one is $26.99. Their USA ETA is 12/18/15 so it will be a couple of weeks until I get them. Hopefully they will arrive for Xmas, but I am hopeful. Their China warehouse has them in stock now but these will be shipped via their USA warehouse using USPS Priority mail. They claim 1-4 business days with a tracking number so I will be anxiously watching Santa's movements as he travels my way. lol :rolleyes: I have been a big fan of my Zephyrus v1 and this bigger build deck and top fill are very much welcome.

Discount code "5%downforyou" will get you an additional 5% off.
Authentic Youde Zephyrus V2 Updated Sub-ohm Tank Atomizer Black

Grimm Green has also made a very positive mention of his usage of the Zephyrus 2 here:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I love the Zephyrus v1 its awesome but the build deck is tiny

I would buy this but that would be 23 tanks and only use one at a time lol
This build deck is considerably larger than the v1 and they added top fill. You mean you only have 22 tanks? lol :wub:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
The original Zephyrus has top fill too mate
Yes, it did as it was one of the first to do it, but it was a little funky where you had to take the silicone piece out first and no real air escape hole. I think they did it right this time and even gave you an air escape hole too.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Yes, it did as it was one of the first to do it, but it was a little funky where you had to take the silicone piece out first and no real air escape hole. I think they did it right this time and even gave you an air escape hole too.
True mate

It's a pain as u need to get that gromit in and turn it on side down quickly To prevent leakage

Reactions: JimScotty0

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Black just listed on FT:

Screenshot 2015-12-04 at 11.56.50 AM.png

$24.96 Authentic UD Zephyrus V2 Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 6ml / 0.3ohm RBA coil head / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread