Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Thankfully, it looks like VapeNW caught on before they got super screwed, the "20%offBlackFriday" coupon code is no longer valid, but the automatic 20% off site-wide discount is still applied.

They fixed it and now the double discount will no longer work. Damn it! Just as I was about to stock up on batteries and juice after depositing more $ in the bank. Oh well I think I saved about an extra $30-$40 on the two orders I placed last night.

I wouldn't sweat it, I'm pretty sure they're going to cancel all the double-discount orders anyway. They have that right, and they'd be foolish not to exercise it.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
They fixed it and now the double discount will no longer work. Damn it! Just as I was about to stock up on batteries and juice after depositing more $ in the bank. Oh well I think I saved about an extra $30-$40 on the two orders I placed last night.

You're right and this time it charged tax.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
It logged me out also, but I logged back in. Still wouldn't let me. Hmm.

I tried it again and the code wouldn't work. I guess they caught it and fixed it. I just hope they honer the price I got. After all it's not my fault their site gave me a double discount.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
hi all, anybody received their ml class yet? i can't decides between getting a dna200 or ml class, any advice?
I was going to respond to you in the DNA 200 thread. I should have both of mine tomorrow. My M classes have been flawless. I expect the ML's will be the same way. Guess what? You don't have to tweak it on a PC. To me that's like buying a new car and having to tune up the motor before leaving the lot. Give me 1 Yihi over 2 DNA 200's any day.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I was going to respond to you in the DNA 200 thread. I should have both of mine tomorrow. My M classes have been flawless. I expect the ML's will be the same way. Guess what? You don't have to tweak it on a PC. To me that's like buying a new car and having to tune up the motor before leaving the lot. Give me 1 Yihi over 2 DNA 200's any day.

haha.. yeah, to think i'll still have to bootcamp my mac just to configure the dna200. but i'm abit worried about the ml class as it is a new 1st batch device. would u post a review once u received it?

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I'm a little concerned about buying 2 of these things at launch. I broke my own rule there. But Yihi has a nice track record with their chips so functionality isn't a huge concern. All 5 of my M classes have held up great. Paint is in great shape and they still function flawlessly.

Reactions: macis

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
hi all, anybody received their ml class yet? i can't decides between getting a dna200 or ml class, any advice?

Kind of important to know how you typically vape. I have a SXmini M and a DNA 200 as comparison. I don't anticipate any major improvements with the ML over the SXmini m tbh just more features possibly more ram and perhaps a faster cpu but I think for all practical purposes it will be hard to tell the difference on the vaping experience between the two. As to the software I'll be gutted if the functions or settings become unavailable on the device like the DNA board is and only accessible through the PC.

If you always vape high power the ML may not be for you. Max single cell is 75W / Joule, it may benefit you to wait for custom dual battery build or other higher powered device if you typically vape higher power than that.

My experiences between the SXmini M & DNA 200

SXmini m
Vaping experience: Easy to setup and get going, intuitive menu system, throw atty on and start vaping adjust as needed
Consistency: Has always vaped exactly like it did when setup no fluctuations
Accuracy: Very accurate no problems with over or under power deviating from settings
Ease of use: Set it and forget it tank after tank
Portability: Easily portable in the front pocket. All settings can be adjusted on the device, Some have found it to be too heavy for them though.
Reliability: Very few failures reported across the forums

DNA200
Vaping experience: Very limited in functionality out of the box. Non-intuitive 3 button access to the limited settings available on the device, Setup Escribe on PC, Create and upload profiles, set Preheat, tweak and tune as needed.

Consistency: Inconsistent Preheat providing a lot of vapor on initial pull then less on subsequent back to back pulls, Ohm's Lock may unlock if resistance changes, Refinement may cause skewed readings of the coil resistance causing either an anemic or burnt hit, Profile settings and TCR may be ignored if the board doesn't like how the coil changed resistance on firing and go into Power mode.

Accuracy: Due to the consistency it makes the board perform inaccurate unless specific conditions are met.

Ease of use: Required a couple changes in how I vaped due to some negative reinforcement via dry hits burnt coils. Prior to vaping make sure the resistance hasn't changed if not Ohm Locked especially if going between different environmental temperature changes (inside/outside) , Fire the device to make sure it will stay in the selected profile if running in Temp mode prior to vaping.

Portability: Only if you always have Set Profiles and the same coils sizes, wire types and know you won't need to make adjustments to Preheat or will have access to Escribe.

Reliability: Numerous failures reported from most all makers. Resolution is often Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The only update I have so far is the black/silver are in stock at VapeNW now. I expect other vendors will have them now too.

Was just wondering.... a Black Friday coupon code was honored until last night but cancelled before Black Friday started...............strange business practice.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Kind of important to know how you typically vape. I have a SXmini M and a DNA 200 as comparison. I don't anticipate any major improvements with the ML over the SXmini m tbh just more features possibly more ram and perhaps a faster cpu but I think for all practical purposes it will be hard to tell the difference on the vaping experience between the two. As to the software I'll be gutted if the functions or settings become unavailable on the device like the DNA board is and only accessible through the PC.

If you always vape high power the ML may not be for you. Max single cell is 75W / Joule, it may benefit you to wait for custom dual battery build or other higher powered device if you typically vape higher power than that.

My experiences between the SXmini M & DNA 200

SXmini m
Vaping experience: Easy to setup and get going, intuitive menu system, throw atty on and start vaping adjust as needed
Consistency: Has always vaped exactly like it did when setup no fluctuations
Accuracy: Very accurate no problems with over or under power deviating from settings
Ease of use: Set it and forget it tank after tank
Portability: Easily portable in the front pocket. All settings can be adjusted on the device, Some have found it to be too heavy for them though.
Reliability: Very few failures reported across the forums

DNA200
Vaping experience: Very limited in functionality out of the box. Non-intuitive 3 button access to the limited settings available on the device, Setup Escribe on PC, Create and upload profiles, set Preheat, tweak and tune as needed.

Consistency: Inconsistent Preheat providing a lot of vapor on initial pull then less on subsequent back to back pulls, Ohm's Lock may unlock if resistance changes, Refinement may cause skewed readings of the coil resistance causing either an anemic or burnt hit, Profile settings and TCR may be ignored if the board doesn't like how the coil changed resistance on firing and go into Power mode.

Accuracy: Due to the consistency it makes the board perform inaccurate unless specific conditions are met.

Ease of use: Required a couple changes in how I vaped due to some negative reinforcement via dry hits burnt coils. Prior to vaping make sure the resistance hasn't changed if not Ohm Locked especially if going between different environmental temperature changes (inside/outside) , Fire the device to make sure it will stay in the selected profile if running in Temp mode prior to vaping.

Portability: Only if you always have Set Profiles and the same coils sizes, wire types and know you won't need to make adjustments to Preheat or will have access to Escribe.

Reliability: Numerous failures reported from most all makers. Resolution is often Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
thank you, thank you Vlad for all the info. tat really helps alot. i think i might go with the ml class. i've been reading so many problems at escribe regarding sm dna200 device not recognising a TC build. n if i happened to purchased a faulty chip, i would not be able to send it back to my vender becos my country banned e-cig. too many cons..

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
thank you, thank you Vlad for all the info. tat really helps alot. i think i might go with the ml class. i've been reading so many problems at escribe regarding sm dna200 device not recognising a TC build. n if i happened to purchased a faulty chip, i would not be able to send it back to my vender becos my country banned e-cig. too many cons..

What a bummer that e-cigs are banned in your country. Hopefully you can get what you desire as what works for you is all that really matters. From Vlad1's earlier post the M class has no flaws and the DNA has no redeeming qualities. Good luck and enjoy whatever you end up with. Will be interesting what the ML comes with.

Edit: no need for another post but got a reply from Yihi on the many technical questions I ask of them. Received a general non-responsive answer but here it is (paraphrased):

SXmini ML Class is powered by SX350J-V2 chip and the SXmini M Class is powered by SX350J chip.

Compared with SX350J chip, SX350J-V2 uses a new GUI SXi-Q Controller which can customize your own taste. It uses new innovative technology TCR and also adds compensation temperature, the most important is that, the resistance can be accurate up to 4 decimal places.

SXi-Q is only for SX350J-V2 chip and SXmini ML Class. It (Q software) would be available in December.

Kind regards,
^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread