Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Noooooo, now you've gone and done it! Shall I take the dangling bait? Your comment may prompt me to edumacate myseff, thus leading to an avalanche of purchases.

Are you willing to be partially responsible for me blowing my retirement fund? :) :) :)

JK
Sorry 'bout that bro! Didn't mean to cause alarm..but indeed educating yourself would be a good thing.. Least you'll know what's out there..[emoji108]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
So, I got a co-worker to start vaping and he's been happily tootling away with his Ego One since July. He's one of those "Millennial" types and swears by shopping on Flea Bay. He just texted me and said he got 3 "duds" out of his last coil purchase.

Where can I send him for good, authentic blister pack coils?

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Sorry 'bout that bro! Didn't mean to cause alarm..but indeed educating yourself would be a good thing.. Least you'll know what's out there..[emoji108]

No cause for alarm...I was yankin your chain :)
You make a valid point. I've learned a few things however, I still feel like it's all a foreign language. I'm learnin... :)

("Bro"..lol, you wouldn't know it from my profile pic...I'm a "sis" :) )

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
So, I got a co-worker to start vaping and he's been happily tootling away with his Ego One since July. He's one of those "Millennial" types and swears by shopping on Flea Bay. He just texted me and said he got 3 "duds" out of his last coil purchase.

MFS seems to have authentic coils.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You make a valid point. I've learned a few things however, I still feel like it's all a foreign language. I'm learnin... :)

Watch a bunch of reviews on Youtube. Very enlightening.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014

I see you up in Canada, but your profile didn't state whether you're male or female... Just thought you were male. But your right, I couldn't tell from your Avatar pic either way..my bad, [emoji12]

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
For me, the thought of making any purchases is like opening a bag of potato chips - once I start...

I opened the vaping door 5 months ago and have yet to make additional purchases since my first 2 (no pointing & laughing! :) ) I'm STILL trying to decide what to buy as a 3rd set-up! Sheesh...

Me too I have until last week the same setup over and over again. I have picked up some rebuildables to play with and for the stash and some far my $3.40 setup works better.

I don't even know what half the stuff is I see people talking about.

Perhaps ignorance is, as they say, bliss :)

Just nod and smile.

View attachment 509615 found this in walmart good for juice mixing and transfering into smaller bottles just dremel the needle off level with the side hole to lose the pointy tip holds 30ml

I was looking at on of those last night only in stainless.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Watch a bunch of reviews on Youtube. Very enlightening.

Thanks @Robert Cromwell that's what I love about ECF folks...always helpful. Don't know where I'd turn if I hadn't landed here.

I've been watching quite a few vids on YouTube. I've recently subscribed to Paul Busardo's YouTube channel. I quite like his reviews. Even though I'm "lost" sometimes while watching him, I'm hoping I'll learn by osmosis.

Cheers

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Ignorance also can mean you have no idea how good your Vape can be, you're missing out. Lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
They say "ignorance is bliss". I think this might be especially true of vaping gear. Unless one has unlimited funds! If one is happy, why rock the boat, right?

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I see you up in Canada, but your profile didn't state whether you're male or female... Just thought you were male. But your right, I couldn't tell from your Avatar pic either way..my bad, [emoji12]

Nope, no "bad", not at all. Us Canuckleheads can be quite androgynous :) The profile pic is our new Prime Minister (right @TrollDragon ?) ...I like to dabble at caricatures :)

No harm done my friend.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
They say "ignorance is bliss". I think this might be especially true of vaping gear. Unless one has unlimited funds! If one is happy, why rock the boat, right?
Because one can always be "happier"
improving his vaping experience with new technology...I'm always chasing the more perfect vape myself to remain tobacco free and enjoy the pure pleasure I get vaping... And the $$ I save not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys alot of new gear, juice and accessories... just sayin[emoji12]

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Indeed @fourthrok. Living in Vancouver can be financially challenging, especially for us retired folk (I'm not complaining! ...love retirement). That said, I need to be very careful not to run amok in our local vape store :)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

Don't know anything about the Ego One but I buy all my coils from Fasttech only authentic.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

I too have been using (2) ego ones since July. I buy my replacement coils from our local B&M. I grew tired of buying packs of ego one coils and getting bad ones in the lot. Plus, I found the coils constantly unscrewed from the housing. I was given 2 Protank 2's a while back and have used them on both ego one batteries ever since. They may not be the latest/best tanks but I prefer them over the ego one tanks. The draw is tighter which I prefer AND the replacement coils are half the price of the ego ones.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Because one can always be "happier"
improving his vaping experience with new technology...I'm always chasing the more perfect vape myself to remain tobacco free and enjoy the pure pleasure I get vaping... And the $$ I save not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys alot of new gear, juice and accessories... just sayin[emoji12]

Don't get me wrong because I like to tinker with new gear but the truth it my older gear performs more reliably and consistently than any of the new. I trust it fully. Sometimes you can educated yourself on new gear/technology for interest but othetimes it's better to spend quality time understanding what you have.

I am not sure I would even recognise a perfect vape because it's in the eye of the beholder. I vape to remain smoke free and must have reliable, consistent and replaceable gear. The rest of the tinkering is a hobby but rarely replaces what I use to vape everyday. Tootle puffing is the perfect vape for what I want......it does not get better

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Ok long excruciating post time:

First, was the question about TC ever answered as to whether you're a Tootle Puffer or not? As far as 375F being a good temp - well, it is. I don't have to worry too much about wicking issues when running at such a low temperature as the combustion point of MOST wicks is between 390-430F (I'm referring to cotton and rayon primarily). And you're absolutely right AndriaD, wattage really plays no real factor in TC except the amount of power used to heat the coil.

Second, contrary to popular belief, TC coils don't 'HAVE TO BE' spaced anymore. The reason they space TC coils originally is because with the older model TC devices, a contact coil would tend to throw off the sensor, causing your temperature to fluctuate greatly. That has been fixed with some of the newer chips now. And with the continued advances in TC technology, before you know it - we'll be able to run some crazy coil builds with all of your favorite metals... mixed into 1. IE Nickle fused Clapton with one strand being Titanium and the other being stainless steel - LOL! Or alien wire with Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Kanthal, and Nichrome - WITH RIBBONS!

Last, Kayfuns don't hate anyone. Kayfuns love everybody... equally... even though they tend to show some amount of distaste for some...

Ignore that part, but Kayfuns... I love them - still. They are my "go-to" tanks and will continue to be until I quit vaping. I do keep my Kanger Subtank around when I need monster hits though. But as far as convenience, fluid capacity, flavor, and construction... my Kayfun goes with me - EVERYWHERE. They can be touchy at times but keep your head up because they still (to this day, despite what many say) produce the best flavor, hands down. I frequently pop my old Kayfun(s) on to test juices with. Because a Kayfun doesn't lie (if it's built / wicked right) by telling me whether or not the liquids have been OVERFLAVORED or TOO MUCH / LITTLE of VG / PG / Nicotine. Also the draw is about where I like it - kind of like where I enjoyed my cigarettes - TIGHT!

Enough rambling out of me for now. As far as me being a 'ModWhomper' - how about a hybrid genus? The TootleWhomper?

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
We keep telling folks that we will chat to anyone (well within reason). Happy go lucky TP who thinks everyone has value to the vaping community. I find this thread to be pigeon hole and judgement free....so you can be whoever or whatever you want to be.

Ps note to self to keep using power puffers in a sentence. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread