retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
My two should be here in a few hours. I'm getting antsy

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Waiting for your thoughts...... My understanding is the Q software is not out yet which leads to a question you may be able to answer after you grab them. Can all functions be set and manipulated on device without the Q software? My guess is that they can since the device shipped prior to Q software being available.

Since I never do pre-orders I didn't grab this for 120-some bucks but sure thought about breaking my rule with this one..

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Waiting for your thoughts...... My understanding is the Q software is not out yet which leads to a question you may be able to answer after you grab them. Can all functions be set and manipulated on device without the Q software? My guess is that they can since the device shipped prior to Q software being available.

Since I never do pre-orders I didn't grab this for 120-some bucks but sure thought about breaking my rule with this one..

That's a good question that I hadn't thought of. I haven't ordered an ML as I'm going to have 3 M classes here since I bought a third from Vapor Kings.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
DNA200
Vaping experience: Very limited in functionality out of the box. Non-intuitive 3 button access to the limited settings available on the device, Setup Escribe on PC, Create and upload profiles, set Preheat, tweak and tune as needed.

Ease of use: Required a couple changes in how I vaped due to some negative reinforcement via dry hits burnt coils. Prior to vaping make sure the resistance hasn't changed if not Ohm Locked especially if going between different environmental temperature changes (inside/outside) , Fire the device to make sure it will stay in the selected profile if running in Temp mode prior to vaping.

Portability: Only if you always have Set Profiles and the same coils sizes, wire types and know you won't need to make adjustments to Preheat or will have access to Escribe.

This is EXACTLY why I have zero interest in a DNA200. Can you imagine if we had to do this to smoke an analog?

[Fade to vapo jam's imagination]

Clerk: Sorry, sir, we're out of Camel Lights.
VapoJam: Do you have any Marlboro's?
C: Nope, none of those either. We have some Parliaments, though, if you'd like?
VJ: Sure, I'll take those...

[Minutes later, in vapo jam's car]

VJ: [Expletive]! I don't have a profile for Parliaments set up in my lighter! Guess I gotta go home and find the right butane curve...

[Fade back to reality]

I guess at the very least it would be a pretty effective anti-smoking tool.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
That's a good question that I hadn't thought of. I haven't ordered an ML as I'm going to have 3 M classes here since I bought a third from Vapor Kings.

Yep, I looked REAL hard at that M Class for 99 bucks.....gonna buy something new before the year is out....lol

Reactions: roxynoodle

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
This is EXACTLY why I have zero interest in a DNA200. Can you imagine if we had to do this to smoke an analog?

[Fade to vapo jam's imagination]

Clerk: Sorry, sir, we're out of Camel Lights.
VapoJam: Do you have any Marlboro's?
C: Nope, none of those either. We have some Parliaments, though, if you'd like?
VJ: Sure, I'll take those...

[Minutes later, in vapo jam's car]

VJ: [Expletive]! I don't have a profile for Parliaments set up in my lighter! Guess I gotta go home and find the right butane curve...

[Fade back to reality]

I guess at the very least it would be a pretty effective anti-smoking tool.

LOL.... analogs were easy..... pull one out of the pack, light up, smoke, discard it...... no e-cig is that easy..IMO... e-cigs in general are good anti-smoking tools whether it's a Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, or any other brand... What ever floats one's boat is what one should use.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
First of all the devices aren't that much different than the M class in looks. Except for the Silver/Black. The silver seems to be a different color than what was used on the M class. It has a lot more shine to it. The Black/Black paint looks identical to the M class. Waiting for my fresh to finish charging so that I can at least do a quick hands on.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Will be getting an ml class December was gonna wait till the new one came out but I only do tc now and have never needed massive power anyway so single battery ml will do me. Plus as I'm getting a reuleaux dna200 and the rx200 I'm covered if I ever feel the need to do 200 watts. Having my cube2 most watts I've seen that use was 53 and on the 430 grade stainless it hasn't gone over 45 watts yet. I know some don't like it but I quite like the look of the ml and have zero worries on the chip which it's not often you can say that.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
What a bummer that e-cigs are banned in your country. Hopefully you can get what you desire as what works for you is all that really matters. From Vlad1's earlier post the M class has no flaws and the DNA has no redeeming qualities. Good luck and enjoy whatever you end up with. Will be interesting what the ML comes with.

Edit: no need for another post but got a reply from Yihi on the many technical questions I ask of them. Received a general non-responsive answer but here it is (paraphrased):

SXmini ML Class is powered by SX350J-V2 chip and the SXmini M Class is powered by SX350J chip.

Compared with SX350J chip, SX350J-V2 uses a new GUI SXi-Q Controller which can customize your own taste. It uses new innovative technology TCR and also adds compensation temperature, the most important is that, the resistance can be accurate up to 4 decimal places.

SXi-Q is only for SX350J-V2 chip and SXmini ML Class. It (Q software) would be available in December.

Kind regards,
^^^^^^^^^^

I've been lurking for months, got busy over the summer and just enjoyed the heck out of my M - trying not to get dragged back in but wtf ;-)

That's actually not a bad response. Glad you shared it - thanks....

Particularly "the most important is that, the resistance can be accurate up to 4 decimal places."

Unfortunately they didn't say how accurate (+/-?) but let's take it at face value vs the M which was only accurate to 3 places (+/- ?) . Regardless of the +/- It could and should have a significant effect on the accuracy of the temperature reading .... especially when you're using lower TCRs like stainless ..

I've noticed I can't quite dial the stainless in as well as Ti and certainly not as well as Ni... And, I expect the added accuracy will help.
If it does, by itself it will be worth the upgrade for those that want to use ss.

I ordered one last night from VapeNW...... either way I needed to get another (no backup)- didn't get the double discount but still a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread