FDA FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Fact is the market's already in place. We've been sellin', swappin' and cookin' for each other from the jump.

Yeah... We sure have. But that market is going to Change.

So I guess the Big Question is, or More Precisely - Should Be, how can we Effect the Changes that are going to Happen so that we can get the Most out of a Regulated Market?

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
If No One wants to do it, I will do it.

Just give me an Little while to get something going. I'm replacing a Drive Gear on a Garage Door Opener right now.
I hear you, no repair man comes to my home. If I want it fixed right the first time. Thanks zoidman.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hear you, no repair man comes to my home. If I want it fixed right the first time. Thanks zoidman.

About the Only thing that I defer to is Major Electrical. Everything else I pretty Self-Sufficient.

The Only thing that I have Never Understood is why would something that has Worked Reliably since 1998 decide that the Day before Thanksgiving is the Day to go to the Great Garage Door in the Sky?

Rottsa Ruck finding a LiftMaster 41A2817 Gear Kit on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
So I guess the Big Question is, or More Precisely - Should Be, how can we Effect the Changes that are going to Happen so that we can get the Most out of a Regulated Market?

Believe we really have tried. That's why I'm here on ECF. But too many uncommitted vapers who know little about this. As I posted elsewhere, that has to change. With the huge influx of new vapers through retail channels that don't share our ethic, we've grown substantially apart. The more that e-cigs are seen as a commodity, the more this happens. And we set aside the reasons why we vape. It's not the PV, it's freedom from tobacco and all its implications in government influence. It's the opportunity it avails us to help others escape and the community it affords us. You just can't manage that kind of human interaction at the macro level. Flight of fancy.

Another fallacy is that China supply lines will stay up as they now stand. Why should we believe that they'll escape restriction and consolidation if they're not already on board?

Don't think at this point our objections are totally understood and too often unheard. We're talking past them. What must be made clear then as to the consequences. And for this contributions like A Billion Lives may help us effectively reach the many uninformed and uncommitted. It's their voice we need to add to our own.

Only real hope I see of preventing government from clumsily creating the very independent scenario they're trying to undermine. Ironic, isn't it? So if an independent person-to-person free market must be we should embrace it and all the surviving vendors who've stuck with us to tough it out.

Good luck.

:)

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Agree - my comment was a 'just saying' :- ) Local will be the most likely 'safest' place to buy in the event of a total ban.

What everyone needs to do if they do not think they are good at bartering is to get to know a few people, that they "like" who have the same hobby/lifestyle of vaping. Working with one or more people to figure out how to fix a mech mod, box mod, or whatever...to figure out a recipe may be crucial to keep going IF this turns out really bad.

I didn't know what to think when I got on ECF and started seeing all the warnings about coming regulations in the US, but all that you have to do is look what is or has happened in the EU and Australia. They are also Western Civs, and Democracies, and the governments response to vaping has been terrible. Why Americans have any faith in their system to regulate much differently to me is based on pride or ignorance. The appointed politicians will surely let them down, hard. This country is so polarized abt ever dang thing. One thinks you can do every blasted thing on your own, and the other wants to rule you like an indentured slave.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I was going to comment on the black market issue but Mac beat me to it. We already have a solid base for our own market, all of the members here have the cash and all the vendors have the skill and we aren't the only group out there. The connections required are already in place. I prefer to think of it as more of an underground railroad though. :)

I've been thinking about it for days. The vape market as a whole really is a black market already in terms of regulation. I can't see the whole infrastructure just collapsing like we fear it will.

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    In all honesty I have never had any luck plugging in to any black market for any reason. Some of us just are not good at that. Knowing this I started my stockpiling 2.5 years ago when I first heard about all this. Nic wise I think I am set. It is hardware mechs and toppers that have me worried because I am not particularly handy with tools either. So I do what I can stock up on the best quality I devices and toppers I can afford and pray it is good enough. I will manage.

The ones I worry about are the ones that have not yet made the switch and those that are just starting the stockpile now. Things are going to be very difficult for them.

If what I understand what things were like in the last court battle when the government tried to shut down vaping is true. A stampede to stock and shortages are the least we can expect. Then even if we win long run in court there will be a dry spell of years where the only options will be black market. That is not a good environment for people to switch. How many lives will be lost is a very valid question.

In a black market for goods, you don't talk about what you have, or what you need or want to anyone, except very close friends. It's just like the illicit drug trade. You would not start a conversation with a neighbor about your taking of illegal drugs...same thing.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I don't live in NYC. Or even New York.

But here is some Info on Selling "Black Market" smokes.

"What are the penalties for acting as a retail dealer without a license?

Unlicensed retail dealers will be subject to fines of up to $5,000 for the first violation,

fines of up to $10,000 for a second or subsequent violation within three years and

sealing of the store for the third violation within three years."

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/smoke/ste-enforcement-faq.pdf

I wonder what the Penalties are where I live?

Reactions: DC2

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Tommy-Chi, you and I are not far from each other, maybe a 45 minute drive. I can scratch your back if you scratch mine. One connection made already. ;)

Sounds like a strong possibility. I'll start to follow you here. Are you on Twitter? It's be wise to have more than one means of communication.

I'm trying to buy as much as I logically can. I'd need help with making batches of vape juice. So far I'm not too fancy in RBA builds or anything. Everything will be pretty simple. If the need comes for building a box mod...I'm thinking having an American made unregulated box mod right in front of me is the best tutor that I can have, so that might be my next purchase.

Reactions: pennysmalls

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

Unlicensed retail dealers will be subject to fines of up to $5,000 for the first violation,

fines of up to $10,000 for a second or subsequent violation within three years and

I would NEVER become a "dealer" of anything illicit. I've had "friends" who were in the trade and it can get pretty freak FAST. The things I've seen or heard about would make your hair fall out.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego

Better than death I suppose...
    Death of Eric Garner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Sounds like a strong possibility. I'll start to follow you here. Are you on Twitter? It's be wise to have more than one means of communication.

I'm trying to buy as much as I logically can. I'd need help with making batches of vape juice. So far I'm not too fancy in RBA builds or anything. Everything will be pretty simple. If the need comes for building a box mod...I'm thinking having an American made unregulated box mod right in front of me is the best tutor that I can have, so that might be my next purchase.

I would highly recommend the mech box mod, I've got seven with another on the way. All American made tough as nails with parts that can be replaced by me, except for the 510 of course. You need to look at atties too, they do wear out and then we all have accidents as well so replacements will be essential. My son bent the cap on one of his metal atties just two days ago. My son likes the regulated box mods but I'm thinking long term and want something that will survive for as long as possible. After my next purchase of nic this weekend my focus is going to be on atties. As far as building RBA's I've come to the conclusion that fancy isn't a neccessity. I've tried a few fancy builds but feel the simpler builds can be just as good.

As far as vape juice goes I'm not the most experienced with flavors but can learn and share. Vaping unflavored is always an option as well. If it's high in VG it has a naturally sweet taste to it so it's definitely not something that one needs to dread, it's actually quite good. If you have any favorite vendor juices you might want to consider purchasing some of that for storage in your freezer as well. I know I'm going to miss a lot of my favorite vendor juices and I can't afford to stock up on them all but I'm still sticking a lot of them into my deep freezer for a rainy day.

I have a twitter account but it's format seems so alien to me that I haven't used it a whole lot. I'm on facebook though.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... The things I've seen or heard about would make your hair fall out.

Having Lived the Life I have Lived, very little could make My hair Fall Out. LOL.

But I know what you are Say'n.

;)

Getting caught Breaking Tobacco Laws would not be My Idea of a Walk in the Park. Because they are going to come down on you from Both the State and Federal Level. As well as from the Tax Evasion Angle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread