GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #119..for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teemae

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2015
Southeast Nebraska
11-27 #1

Good afternoon all you lovely tree people.
Hope all are well, I seem to have picked up a bug. Hoping it was something I ate and not strep throat like it feels like.

I have a question and need some help.
While I am doing fine with and even somewhat enjoying my little eGo style Vape pens, my husband is not doing so well. He is a 2-3 pad smoker and the pen isn't doing it for him, even with 24 mg juice. Also he is an OTR truck driver, so still needs something easy. I enter all these mod contests with it in mind to help him out more than a new toy for me.

With all that info I need suggestions for a low prices, decently made, easy to use, device for him. Please note I said low prices not cheap. Really can't afford to replace it every couple of weeks. I can replaceparts and pieces, but am not to the place where I can rebuild yet.

Thanks for suggestions guys. He is getting frustrated and that doesn't help his smoking
Tiffani
347175-3c4c006dd84a3a81b73a6d57d6eabd22.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
11/27 #3
I am doing fine with and even somewhat enjoying my little eGo style Vape pens, my husband is not doing so well. He is a 2-3 pad smoker and the pen isn't doing it for him, even with 24 mg juice. Also he is an OTR truck driver, so still needs something easy. I enter all these mod contests with it in mind to help him out more than a new toy for me.
With all that info I need suggestions for a low prices, decently made, easy to use, device for him. Please note I said low prices not cheap. Really can't afford to replace it every couple of weeks. I can replace parts and pieces, but am not to the place where I can rebuild yet.
Lots of people with lots of experience on this forum, so you're likely going to gets lots of DIFFERENT answers because each person has his/her favorite method of vaping. From what little you have said here, however, I am assuming hubby wants simplicity, no desire for anything complex or fancy, but wants something satisfying to replace the stinkies. This is not only a mod/tank issue, but a flavor issue. Each different e-juice will satisfy (or not) in a different way. But, clearly the eGo/EVOD style is not sufficient because of its power limitations. I started with a pipe, which was an instant failure for satisfaction. I tried my wife's EVOD and didn't want that either. Then I got an Eleaf iStick 30W (under $30 and it's expected life is about a year). It has VV/VW (variable voltage/variable wattage) capability, so if he isn't getting the right flavor at 7W, bump it up to 10W, 12W, etc. until he finds his sweet spot. Pick a tank that hold enough juice that he doesn't have to pull the truck over to refill every hour. I found the Kanger Protank-II (holds about 2.5ml and has good airflow), when vaped (tootle puffing, not cloud chucking) at about 10W, lasted me about half a day and the battery didn't need to be recharged but once a day. It can be recharged by plugging into a wall socket or the USB port of a computer, and can be used while it is plugged in to recharge. Study, however, some of the threads that talk about voltage/wattage versus coil resistance (e.g, even though this mod goes up to 30 Watts, don't use more than about 13W with a 2.5-Ohm coil or you're gonna burn your juice and maybe even fry the coil). Lots more to learn, but the iStick is reasonable in price and mine hasn't failed me even once in the six months I've been using it. I do have other mods, but this is the one I suggest for beginners.

Many others here can give you many other reasonable suggestions.

3 Oregon Redwoods.jpg

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
11-27-1
It sounds like everyone had a good day yesterday! that makes me even more thankful! I've been spending much needed time with hubby and on the phone with friends and family...

And the only time missing mom got to be too much was when I was talking with my father...long story there but he admitted to missing her and that's huge since he has hated her for the 30+ years since the divorce!!

Hubby and I have another movie date so I've got to rush off again!

11-27 #1

Hope all are well, I seem to have picked up a bug. Hoping it was something I ate and not strep throat like it feels like.

While I am doing fine with and even somewhat enjoying my little eGo style Vape pens, my husband is not doing so well. He is a 2-3 pad smoker and the pen isn't doing it for him, even with 24 mg juice. Also he is an OTR truck driver, so still needs something easy. I enter all these mod contests with it in mind to help him out more than a new toy for me.

With all that info I need suggestions for a low prices, decently made, easy to use, device for him. Please note I said low prices not cheap. Really can't afford to replace it every couple of weeks. I can replaceparts and pieces, but am not to the place where I can rebuild yet.

Thanks for suggestions guys. He is getting frustrated and that doesn't help his smoking
Tiffani
Simple and effective for three out of four smokers in my house was the istick 30w...for my brother and my dad both it has to practically vape itself and they use it without issue...the fact that they are super reasonable to buy was also a selling point.

Brother uses his with both aspire k1 tanks and one of my Subtank nanos depending on what is going on and dad uses an arctic tank

Heck I still have an istick as my super emergency back up!

:tumble:

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
11/27 #2
I survived the mall! We discovered that my daughter has outgrown the sizes that children's clothing stores carry, so now we're starting on the tween stores (Justice, etc.) for her; meanwhile, we still have to go to the children's stores for my son. Yay: twice as many stores to visit.

11-27 #1

Tiffani
I concur with the other suggestions. iSticks are some of the most simple best-bang-for-the-buck mods out there. They are, however, chancy if they have to take a lot of abuse (some people destroy their devices within one week, others drop them every day with nary a scratch). If you want something more durable and still easy to use, and are willing to pay a little more, I'd suggest a CoolFire IV or MVP 3 from Innokin. As far as tanks, go, Kanger Protanks are okay, Kanger Aerotanks are a bit better (I think the Kanger Unitanks are similar for a slightly lower price), but something like a Subtank Plus will hold a lot more liquid in-between refills (and can be used with 1.2-ohm coil heads to avoid the high juice consumption of sub-ohm tanks).

TreeInFog.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
11-27 #1

Tiffani
eGo ONE Mega! Start him out with a pack of 1 Ohm coils and gently nudge him towards .5 Ohm coils as he reduces his nic. This is a dead simple, satisfying, long-lived product. The battery is 2600 mAh and should last even a chain vaper for a full day. If not, it offers passthrough vaping. The tank holds 4 ml, and is steel over glass. The available coils are 1 Ohm, .5 Ohm, .2 Ohm Ni200, .4 Ti, and Rebuildable, so the tank can continue to see use even if you change to a Temp Control mod. Around $50...

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
11/27 #5
They are, however, chancy if they have to take a lot of abuse (some people destroy their devices within one week, others drop them every day with nary a scratch).
I guess I am one of the latter class. I have dropped my iStick30 out of my shirt pocket onto grass, gravel, and a concrete floor - MANY times - and neither the mod nor the glass tank broke (AMAZING! Protank-IIs are glass all the way around with no steel covering). I have a couple tiny scratches on my iStick TC40W when it bounced off the concrete shop floor, but neither of them has any functional damage. The SXmini got dropped in the horse barn and the cow barn and the only damage was crap in the mouthpiece. :)

5 Lioness.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread