Evic VT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
What are your temp and watts set to? The device will always display "protection" in VT mode when the coil temperature is higher than the set temperature. This is the whole concept of temperature control vaping and completely normal. In VW mode, however, it should not display protection under normal operation. I'm still using the stock firmware, so I can't speak for the upgraded firmware devices, but mine definitely doesn't show protection when vaping in watts mode. Per the Joyetech manual, the only time "protection" should appear is in VT mode. All indications of malfunction display unique error phrases. Like "over 10 s protection", "weak battery", "atomizer low", "atomizer short", and "quit chain vaping your device is too hot". Okay, so the last one might be partially exaggerated, but you get the idea. "Protection" is meant for VT only, and should not appear in VW mode unless it's a software bug.

qBan

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Everything was working fine til I changed the coil. It was fine with a ti coil, then changed it to a new ti coil (from jouetech) and it has a horrible taste and the tank leaks everywhere when i fire it. My temp was 550 degrees and 50 watts. I would think that's pretty normal.

But yea I would like to get this problem fixed as I'd really like to use this mod. I threw my ijust2 tank in there and been vaping Watt mode with it justbfine, but once again, the ego mega tank when used in vt mode with a ti coil, it leaks everywhere and has a weird taste to Vape. It also makes a really strange loud noise when firing it.

Any help would be appreciated fellas.

Sent from Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
Well that's a whole different issue than protection. When you changed the coil did you make sure to click the fire button without the tank/atomizer screwed on so it recognizes the new coil? You also have to lock the coil resistance at room temperature every time you change coils - even if you are just replacing a ti coil with another ti coil. The slightest difference in resistance will significantly affect the device performance in TC mode. If accurate coil resistance isn't locked in for each coil TC will not operate properly. You will either have very weak performance because the chip is limiting output too much or vice versa.

There is a small oring on the bottom of those coil heads that easily falls off and cause leaking, so check that. It could simply be a bad coil too.

I would also try lowering your settings. Say 35W and 400 and work up from there. Once you burn the cotton that taste won't likely ever go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread