Goblin mini......

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjas

Jun 26, 2015
I took the bait and purchased the Goblin mini after being defeated by trying to build my own Nickel coils. I wasn't have much luck with the Crown either. Seems that mine leaked a lot and it didn't matter if I wicked using the S pattern or the pancake method. The pre-built coils just seemed to last me a few days before I noticed that I needed to change them out. This is mostly due to the type of e-juice I use at 35% VG/ 65% PG. I like it like this because IMHO it give me the best flavor. I don't like heavy VG e-juice. This could be the reason for the leakage as well. As I mentioned in another post, I need to cut the cost down and building my own is much cheaper than buying pre-made coils and going through coils in 3-4 days. So far, I love my Goblin mini. The flavor is awesome. No dry hits yet and I can vape my e-juice until the tank is empty. The only con is that I no longer use TC on my mode. However, I wasn't having the best vape experience using TC. I often noticed that after a few days of heavy vape, my vapor would become cool and I would have to increase the temperature until finally I would just get frustrated and changed the coil or switched out the coil to return to power mode. Perhaps someday, I give a try to build nickle on the Goblin mini. But, for now, I'm using Power mode and loving it. 50W @ 0.27 Ohms.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I took the bait and purchased the Goblin mini after being defeated by trying to build my own Nickel coils. I wasn't have much luck with the Crown either. Seems that mine leaked a lot and it didn't matter if I wicked using the S pattern or the pancake method. The pre-built coils just seemed to last me a few days before I noticed that I needed to change them out. This is mostly due to the type of e-juice I use at 35% VG/ 65% PG. I like it like this because IMHO it give me the best flavor. I don't like heavy VG e-juice. This could be the reason for the leakage as well. As I mentioned in another post, I need to cut the cost down and building my own is much cheaper than buying pre-made coils and going through coils in 3-4 days. So far, I love my Goblin mini. The flavor is awesome. No dry hits yet and I can vape my e-juice until the tank is empty. The only con is that I no longer use TC on my mode. However, I wasn't having the best vape experience using TC. I often noticed that after a few days of heavy vape, my vapor would become cool and I would have to increase the temperature until finally I would just get frustrated and changed the coil or switched out the coil to return to power mode. Perhaps someday, I give a try to build nickle on the Goblin mini. But, for now, I'm using Power mode and loving it. 50W @ 0.27 Ohms.

I love the GMini.

I use 70 VG and 30 pg. DIY juice.

Reactions: Fullknight
I run a dual coil (2mm, 11 wrap, 28 awg Ni200) setup on my Goblin Mini ... it's a tough build cause the deck is so tiny and nickel is so soft but I'm on about day 10 of the current build and she's still chuckin'. I'll confess I'm a MaxVG vaper, so maybe that has something to do with your build's lasting power.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I love my goblin minis! I've used regular drip tips by pushing the end thru the regular cap and placing a slightly larger o-ring over the end. Stays in securely, more so than using the adapter, hth!

Glad you are still out there VChick.

Did you ever determine which was better(clone or authentic?)

The little GMini is REALLY special. A flavor chaser's dream.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Look at Grimm Green's Goblin Mini Review. He recommended a vendor in the UK that makes a drip tip for the GM that fits under the top cap (between the top and the chimney). I emailed that vendor today and I'll report back when (if) I hear anything.

I just got my GM this Wednesday and 1st build so far has been 10 wraps of 28ga NI200 on 2.5mm and it's been working great so far. I've put about 20ml of juice through it with no problems at all.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Look at Grimm Green's Goblin Mini Review. He recommended a vendor in the UK that makes a drip tip for the GM that fits under the top cap (between the top and the chimney). I emailed that vendor today and I'll report back when (if) I hear anything.

I just got my GM this Wednesday and 1st build so far has been 10 wraps of 28ga NI200 on 2.5mm and it's been working great so far. I've put about 20ml of juice through it with no problems at all.

Yes the GMini is very special and has a room in the hearts of many vapers.

I love my Goblin Mini. I just wish I could find a replacement drip tip that you didn't have to use the adapter...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just watched GrimmGreen's review/build/wick of the Goblin Mini and he mentions a couple of times (briefly at :50 and then more fully at 14:00) a drip tip (no adapter needed) for the Mini that won't come loose.

Link to the review --
Link to the driptips -- Drip Tips by BIG

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Apparently the latest version of the Goblin Mini (i.e. the black colored one, they haven't officially named it "V2" from what I know) has a drip tip adapter that actually works and stays put. A little late now that you've already ordered, but considering those custom drip tips are as expensive as the tank itself, I would just buy the latest tank and use standard 510 drip tips instead.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
this from another thread - goblin mini drip tip adapter workround:

browsing thru ft - i found a work around on using your own drip tip w/out the drip tip adapter - i used the rubber sleeve of a pen i had lying around - cut off a piece and slipped it onto your drip tip of choice - viola!
all credit goes to the user ap614 at FT (he did use a sleeve from another FT drip tip - i just happened to have a pen in hand and the rubber sleeve worked fine)

mini goblin drip tip fix.JPG

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
i can't wait to try mine out. it should be here tuesday. gmini has gotten some great reviews. i plan to try a dual 5 wrap @2.5 mm coil build of .4 mm ti. once i see how that does, i'll make any needed tweaks.

I absolutely love the GMini. Another RTA I found recently is the Silverplay Nano. The flavor from both is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread