FDA FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I would highly recommend the mech box mod, I've got seven with another on the way. All American made tough as nails with parts that can be replaced by me, except for the 510 of course. You need to look at atties too, they do wear out and then we all have accidents as well so replacements will be essential. My son bent the cap on one of his metal atties just two days ago. My son likes the regulated box mods but I'm thinking long term and want something that will survive for as long as possible. After my next purchase of nic this weekend my focus is going to be on atties. As far as building rba's I've come to the conclusion that fancy isn't a neccessity. I've tried a few fancy builds but feel the simpler builds can be just as good.

As far as vape juice goes I'm not the most experienced with flavors but can learn and share. vaping unflavored is always an option as well. If it's high in VG it has a naturally sweet taste to it so it's definitely not something that one needs to dread, it's actually quite good. If you have any favorite vendor juices you might want to consider purchasing some of that for storage in your freezer as well. I know I'm going to miss a lot of my favorite vendor juices and I can't afford to stock up on them all but I'm still sticking a lot of them into my deep freezer for a rainy day.

I have a twitter account but it's format seems so alien to me that I haven't used it a whole lot. I'm on facebook though.

We are thinking along the same lines.

I'm only on Twitter and ECF...all day. :D

Reactions: pennysmalls

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Having Lived the Life I have Lived, very little could make My hair Fall Out. LOL.

But I know what you are Say'n.

;)

Getting caught Breaking Tobacco Laws would not be My Idea of a Walk in the Park. Because they are going to come down on you from Both the State and Federal Level. As well as from the Tax Evasion Angle.

I was at a party in a very very wealthy town, in the wrong place at the wrong time, in the house of the grandson, whose grandfather started the town. They owned hundreds of acres in the town, decades after it's development had started, and at the time most of the remaining land was under development with homes ranging from $750k to $3.5 million minimum. I ended up with a .44 magnum revolver on my forehead, and I could see the slugs in the cylinder...and more or less what was said to me was that I had better not talk to anyone abt what goes on behind closed doors in his home or I would be buried in one of the lots under development and never found. I looked in to his eyes and said, "I hope that I don't disappear b/c I keep records in a safe deposit box of everyone that I hang with..." and the barrel dropped off of my forehead.

I have more. That's just a warm-up.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I also hope the cop in Chicago gets the death penalty (or life without parole - whatever it is in that state), but I also wonder if the kid would still be alive if he would have just dropped the knife.

I agree with you. Perp would be alive if he would have dropped the knife. The problem is that he attacked either a police car or security guards car with the knife, and was on PCP, so they didn't know what he was going to do.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I was at a party in a very very wealthy town, in the wrong place at the wrong time, in the house of the grandson, whose grandfather started the town. They owned hundreds of acres in the town, decades after it's development had started, and at the time most of the remaining land was under development with homes ranging from $750k to $3.5 million minimum. I ended up with a .44 magnum revolver on my forehead, and I could see the slugs in the cylinder...and more or less what was said to me was that I had better not talk to anyone abt what goes on behind closed doors in his home or I would be buried in one of the lots under development and never found. I looked in to his eyes and said, "I hope that I don't disappear b/c I keep records in a safe deposit box of everyone that I hang with..." and the barrel dropped off of my forehead.

I have more. That's just a warm-up.

I tend to Avoid situations where People feel the Need to Point Guns at me. Not say'n it has Never happened. It's just been a Long, Long Time ago.

So Anyway, before this Thread goes Completely Off the Rails.

Can a Sitting US House and or Senate Member view what the FDA has Submitted to the OMB/OIRA?

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I think in Many Ways, the Black Market provides a False Sense of Security to some. And the Illusion that there will Always be something for the Average Vaper to Fall Back To.

I don't think Anyone here disputes the Fact that there will be a Black Market for e-Liquids in an FDA Regulated Market. There is a Black Market for Everything.

It's just more of a Percentage thing. In that, such a Small Percentage of Vaper's would be able to Even Access a Black Market. And of those, I Wonder how many would feel Warm and Fuzzy buying something to put in their Lungs that Doesn't have some sort of "Crowd Review".

I mean, we can't really have Review Threads on the ECF about the guy selling Nicotine Base out of his Van behind the Liquor Store, Right?

Got a perspective from some mid-20's guys about this a few weeks ago. I was talking about the FDA regs and how I was stocking up. They laughed and told me not to panic. They said it would always be available on the black market if the gov banned it. One guy asked it I had heard of Silk Road, me being an old geezer who doesn't even have a smartphone. They knew about the regs but saw it as just a speed bump. They know a lot more about the dark recesses of the internet than me. After that conversation I spent a few mind-bending hours reading about dark web, deep web, tor, bitcoin, etc. Learned just enough to know how much I don't know. I spent 30 years writing code on mainframes. Amazing how fast you can become a dinosaur these days.

Anyway, I'm not sure if they have a grasp of all the factors involved here. Like in order to buy black market nic on the dark web there has to be someone manufacturing nic. The nic I buy today is really pure and has analysis results to prove it. 5 years from now if you buy nic from Captain Shady on Silk Road 7.0 for a handful of bitcoins you will have no idea what's really in the bottle.

And the guy selling juice from the back of a car behind Subway will have bought his ingredients from Captain Shady.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    No one's banning nic anytime soon. The whole duplicitous scam falls apart. What's the FDA gonna say…anybody can have nic but vapers. An abolition isn't coming anytime soon either. That is their addiction and the ties that bind them. Their own regulatory morass.

Good luck.

:)

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Touche.

So if you're about to get arrested for black market nicotine products...
    Go along peacefully, and pay your fine dutifully.

Esp. if you have a heart condition.... and again, you don't conduct black market in the open holding out products everyone can see - like competitors 2 stores down.

Reactions: skoony

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Got a perspective from some mid-20's guys about this a few weeks ago. I was talking about the FDA regs and how I was stocking up. They laughed and told me not to panic. They said it would always be available on the black market if the gov banned it. One guy asked it I had heard of Silk Road, me being an old geezer who doesn't even have a smartphone. They knew about the regs but saw it as just a speed bump. They know a lot more about the dark recesses of the internet than me. After that conversation I spent a few mind-bending hours reading about dark web, deep web, tor, bitcoin, etc. Learned just enough to know how much I don't know. I spent 30 years writing code on mainframes. Amazing how fast you can become a dinosaur these days.

Anyway, I'm not sure if they have a grasp of all the factors involved here. Like in order to buy black market nic on the dark web there has to be someone manufacturing nic. The nic I buy today is really pure and has analysis results to prove it. 5 years from now if you buy nic from Captain Shady on Silk Road 7.0 for a handful of bitcoins you will have no idea what's really in the bottle.

And the guy selling juice from the back of a car behind Subway will have bought his ingredients from Captain Shady.

Yeah... I know Quite a Few of those "I'm sure I will be able to get it on the Black Market" types. I don't argue with them. No Real reason to.

Because if they are Right, well then they will get their Nicotine Base from whoever.
    And if they are Wrong, well, it Really Isn't any Skin Off My Nose.

Reactions: skoony

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    No one's banning nic anytime soon. The whole duplicitous scam falls apart. What's the FDA gonna say…anybody can have nic but vapers. An abolition isn't coming anytime soon either. That is their addiction and the ties that bind them. Their own regulatory morass.

Good luck.

Who said they Were? Or would they even Want to?

You can't Tax something that Is Banned. And BT and BV can Make Profits off it Either. That Doesn't sound like much of a Win-Win to Me.

But if e-Liquids were limited to 5 Flavored 12mg/ml max, and Only came in 80%PG:20%VG, would that be a Ban on Nicotine?

Heck, Closed System Cartridges wouldn't be a Ban either.

Reactions: WillyZee

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    @englishmick above alluded to a reference to it. Think it's highly unlikely. Given the attacks I've seen in my lifetime on the property right, certainly not impossible.

Good luck.

And I assumed you meant nic base rather than what might be sold with the Vuse or Mark Ten :- )

Reactions: MacTechVpr

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    @englishmick above alluded to a reference to it. Think it's highly unlikely. Given the attacks I've seen in my lifetime on the property right, certainly not impossible.

Good luck.

I think there is a Very Realistic Possibility that things like 100mg/ml Nicotine Base are going to go Bye-Bye. And Online Sales? Humm? Wasn't that a Key Component of that Family Smoking and Bla, Bla, Bla Act that gave the FDA so much of their Authority?

Saying Nicotine will Never be Banned may be a True Statement. But it Doesn't speak to the Form that Nicotine will be Allowed to be Sold in.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Yes on both counts. But a selective national ban would require a significant shift into intra-state rights on the scale of prohibition. Then the collusion with the tobacco industry becomes patently obvious. So, no, not happenin'. No more Al Capone's or J. Edgars. We'll just end up makin' more than craft beer in our kitchens.

:D

Good luck.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Yeah, I get a plumbing problem at 3am on Christmas during a snowstorm pretty regularly :D

Sounds like the year that our front door knob decided to lock tight on xmas eve... we come home from a family party and the first thing we have to do, at 10pm xmas eve, is call our apt mgmt to be able to get into our apt... my husband had to sleep in the living room, since the door could not be locked that night -- with all our kid's presents there under the tree. The apt handyman had to procure a new knob and lock -- on xmas day -- before we could even SHUT the door completely. :facepalm:

Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Then the collusion with the tobacco industry becomes patently obvious.

IF the tobacco companies get a product that is grandfathered - still in question, imo, then some collusion might be indicated. If they happen to be the only ones with enough money to apply for and get new products approved - I don't think that "proves" collusion, but will be a 'by-product' (perhaps even an unwanted one on the part of the FDA) of the deeming and decimating the rest of the ecig industry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread