Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
If your in eastern Europe dm eblin viskose balls are really good.

Many have ordered. Just check reviews to make sure its handled good. One guy on amazon says he uses gloves to package, so that's good. One shows a nice package but you get a baggie. Just ck reviews.

I would say you could try fiber freaks, but I don't like the over processing they did to try and make it like ... cotton. Kinda going backwards it seems when it comes to wicking ability.

Rayons power doesn't come from absorbing juice like cotton. Fiber freaks doesn't understand how Rayon works, they just jumped on a trend, and they use it like cotton themselves. Taking away a lot of the potential.

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
No one here would rmb me, but I joined Jeremy back when he first started the rayon thread. Bought my 500ft from Sally's, gave away close to half the box at a local vape shop, and this is what I have left

af55a5a038aa89cd99eb459133cd5eb2.jpg

Might have to include this in my will to my grand kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oyeah I remember you man , welcome back! Holy crap, there's air in that bag!!!

-Kingboomer

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
With kanthal?

No one was getting a hundred ml two years ago on kanthal. Unless the coil was unrecognizable.

Temp control is a different game. Rayon was the temp control of its day.

There's no way in hell on earth anyone can get 200ml on cotton with kanthal at reasonable high power levels. Or 100ml on kanthal without being unrecognizable. Unless very lower heat flux maybe.

We've gone 300ml on kanthal and rayon still little to no gunking, you could still see the coil. Heat flux at 400mw/mm².
(Not tc that's for sissies. ;) Lol)

(I dont mean to pick on you, just had chance to respond to this.)

Yes, with spaced 2.8mm kanthal builds. Heat flux 290-ish at 30w in a STmini. Perfect coil symmetry and heavy wicking are a HUGE part of long wick life with cotton and temp is controlled by varying draw effort based on vapor temp. My adv juice is Fogboss "Bobby 2 Fingers" mixed at 10% with 75%vg nic base.

With tc mods and KGD wicked Ti or SS builds with similar HF I'm getting the same wick life; a testament to how accurately I was controlling coil temp with draw effort before having tc.

After 100 ml the coils didn't look too bad. A few gunk bridges here and there. The fail was the broken down cotton fibers.

With the same setup and vaping technique my DIY NETs only make it about 25ml, so juice type does have a huge impact on wick life.

BTW, 2 years ago contact microcoils were all the rage. With contact coils I could only get about 50ml wick life.

Pick on me all you want J, it gives me an excuse to write long drawn out posts.:D

Cig

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
That's surprising. The spaced coils really improve things alot.

With tc mods and KGD wicked Ti or SS builds with similar HF I'm getting the same wick life; a testament to how accurately I was controlling coil temp with draw effort before having tc

Yeah, I have yet to have a temp control coil look better than my kanthal builds at 2-300ml. The other day I considered ordering some kanthal since I'm out. Or some nichrome that I've always wanted to have again.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Last edited:

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
It's heeeeeeere yay.

Gonna wick my Aromamizer, although it's got vertical coils in it right now which I'm nervous about. But that'll be my first major test for rayon, whether the wick can handle even a full tank without getting black on top of the verts the way cotton does.

Then also gonna wick my subtank mini, since I've been using it a lot lately, nostalgia from all the way back in August lmao. Looking around it seems like most people do the pancake with rayon, even in the V2, so that's what I'll try. Assuming all goes well, my goblin mini and marquis will be next.

Exciting.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Alright, breakin the Aromamizer in now. But I've already had to rewick the subtank mini, the pancake was just miles too spitty and slowly leaking into the chamber. So I went back to the standard bunny-ear trim method that I use with cotton, but it's dry hitting a bit.

So, tips, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread