RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
Yeah i was watching a rip tripper segment and he was saying that if an rda or rta doesnt say it is made from "navel brass" then he wont buy it because it has some amount of lead only navel or super high quality brass is lead free...
Dude, Copper & Brass aren't the same thing. Brass is an alloy of Copper & Zinc. Navel Brass can contain trace amounts of Lead. Rip's pretty cool but he's wrong on that one. Fwiw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan011z

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
When you said it gave out on you, do you mean the center post like snapped off or physically broke?
No, the post is intact, but the insulator busted and it started to short out where it comes in contact with the build deck. Not a problem though, I spoke with Nick Kennedy & sent it in to them the other day. He (as well as Steve Kennedy) told me just send it in with a note & they would fix it. Also spoke with Adam Webster and he also told me to send it in and they'd fix it.

I kind of went into a panic when it started shorting & sent a message to all 3 of them and an email to the address listed on their website because I can't picture life without my K24 lol. It's become my favorite everything by a mile. Atty, tank, RTA, whatever, K24 > all.
Side note, I may be trading my Hobo v3.1 for a Monster V3....thoughts? I have a ton of atties and could use another tank.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
No, the post is intact, but the insulator busted and it started to short out where it comes in contact with the build deck. Not a problem though, I spoke with Nick Kennedy & sent it in to them the other day. He (as well as Steve Kennedy) told me just send it in with a note & they would fix it. Also spoke with Adam Webster and he also told me to send it in and they'd fix it.

I kind of went into a panic when it started shorting & sent a message to all 3 of them and an email to the address listed on their website because I can't picture life without my K24 lol. It's become my favorite everything by a mile. Atty, tank, RTA, whatever, K24 > all.
Side note, I may be trading my Hobo v3.1 for a Monster V3....thoughts? I have a ton of atties and could use another tank.

They really look out for their customers.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
I cannot say which build is best for you since everyone wants something different.
I wouldn't build anything over 0.3 ohm on a kennedy because the vape will cool down too much and flavor will be muted also.
For example, if you are doing a typical 0.2 ohm build, I would fire it around 65w-75w.
Your Tesla should be able to handle any RDA in the market. I advise against building anything below 0.1 ohm, but thats just me.
I have been vaping for almost 2 years now, but until recently, I was smoking cigs and vaping at the sametime.
Dropped the cancer stick few months ago.
I had Kennedy for only a while but I have went through alot of trial and error and concluded that Kennedy suits me the best.
It is a very high quality RDA and if you are looking for one, I also suggest Petri RDA v1.5, and Velocity RDA.

But Kennedy is the clear winner for me.

I second all of this

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Please let me know if you find anything interesting.
I really want to make the K24 copper my next purchase.

So far, from what I can gather a lot of the anti-copper sentiment is unfounded.

I haven't felt anything adverse with using it. So my instincts lead me to believe it's as safe as any other RDA out there. Especially as it's a high quake grade of copper

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Especially as it's a high quake grade of copper
It's tellurium copper. Good stuff. So long as you steer clear of acidic juices, I have no problems with a copper RDA.

I would be ...... to be without my RDA for any length of time
And that is why you have three of them. Just in case :) . FYI, I am looking at a second K24 myself. It is really that good.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Polycarbonate tank? No thank you. At least the V2 had a full stainless tank option.
Glass medium size chuff tank actually, & i have a v2, & I've seen people fitting v2 tanks on to the v3 base.

Side note: Since everyone here loves the K24, what would you think if dotmod went the way of making a 24mm Petri? I'd snatch that up the second it came out.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So far, from what I can gather a lot of the anti-copper sentiment is unfounded.

I haven't felt anything adverse with using it. So my instincts lead me to believe it's as safe as any other RDA out there. Especially as it's a high quake grade of copper
Unfounded or not, you wouldn't catch me vaping on something like this... This does not look healthy at all and can't believe a vendor would put out a product that would do this for vapors!!! This is someone else's pic and there is a thread in this section started by that person. Green discoloration on copper post
image-jpeg.508043

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
It's tellurium copper. Good stuff. So long as you steer clear of acidic juices, I have no problems with a copper RDA.

And that is why you have three of them. Just in case :) . FYI, I am looking at a second K24 myself. It is really that good.

True

Which K24 are you planning on getting next

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Unfounded or not, you wouldn't catch me vaping on something like this... This does not look healthy at all and can't believe a vendor would put out a product that would do this for vapors!!! This is someone else's pic and there is a thread in this section started by that person. Green discoloration on copper post
image-jpeg.508043

I keep mine clean, not sure how that centre post ended up like that. Never had it as an issue on any of mine.

Possibly a fake, or defective materials in the manufacturing process. Never even had an issue closely resembling that on my full copper RDA, not a hint of green anywhere.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Ok, so I purchased the O-rings on Kennedy website and tried them on (nothing wrong with my original one).
I believe the ONLY O-ring option they have on their website is designed for 22mm and original K-comp.
Because on 24mm, top cap just falls straight off when held upside down. (no water/juice lubricating).

Lol, I guess they are denying ALL K24 owners new set of O-rings.
I am very disappointed.

Edit: I mean I guess I can email Adam for one rofl.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I keep mine clean, not sure how that centre post ended up like that. Never had it as an issue on any of mine.

Possibly a fake, or defective materials in the manufacturing process. Never even had an issue closely resembling that on my full copper RDA, not a hint of green anywhere.
In the thread I got it from the OP stated it was an authentic atty. Who's to say what caused it, all I am saying is it is possible for it to do that and because of that, I personally, will never own anything that is copper and comes in contact with my vape...

ETA...This is not the first time I have seen this in my almost 5yrs vaping...

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
image-jpeg.508043
Even though my post's insulator busted, it never tarnished. Even with some pretty hot builds. That looks like a bad piece of copper from where they got it from. I don't blame Kennedy for that, I blame who treated/made the copper rounds.

I'm still yet to see any clones on the new style 22 & haven't seen one clone of the 24. Just the older version of the comp Kennedy. And I've looked really hard bc mine is authentic, yet unserialized. It's most likely a screw up from the copper processing/manufacturers.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Even though my post's insulator busted, it never tarnished. Even with some pretty hot builds. That looks like a bad piece of copper from where they got it from. I don't blame Kennedy for that, I blame who treated/made the copper rounds.

I'm still yet to see any clones on the new style 22 & haven't seen one clone of the 24. Just the older version of the comp Kennedy. And I've looked really hard bc mine is authentic, yet unserialized. It's most likely a screw up from the copper processing/manufacturers.

Yep K24 clone is non existent. Clones are only in market for K22s.

RiderVapor

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
My first authentic USA made rda arrived yesterday from Kennedy, waiting for me to come home from work. Did a quick wash and dry before loading up some coils I had wrapped already. First build went rather well and easy which made me happy. All that can be said is I am in love with the Kennedy already since being a top notch piece and will be buying another and just maybe the Ruby in stainless as my first mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread