Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
1-nautilus-rba.png

Nautilus RBA Rebuildable Coil Head

The VVTF nautilus RBA Deck is the world’s first newly designed Rebuildable Atomizer Coil Head made for the Aspire nautilus & Nautilus Mini tank clearomizers.

Compatibility: Aspire Nautilus, Nautilus Mini and Beyond Vape Silo
(We feel pretty sure that it s not compatible with the Triton Mini, as it looks like it will flood.)

vvtf-nautilus-rba-deck.jpg

1-nautilus-rba.png

Reactions: Nimaz

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Ok! shipping! Super fast! When I got home today at 4pm they were sitting in my mailbox.

Package comes with two screwdrivers, extra rubber rings, extra screws, 2 coils and cotton.

Sat down to pop a coil in to test it out and wholly bejebus! Couldn't manage to get a coil in it! So tiny! And the screws are the size of fleas. It took 45 minutes and 10 tries to finally trap one of the leads. Couldn't get the other one down. It seems the screws don't trap the wire that well. Had to put it down for a while. Will try again later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Ok! shipping! Super fast! When I got home today at 4pm they were sitting in my mailbox.

Package comes with two screwdrivers, extra rubber rings, extra screws, 2 coils and cotton.

Sat down to pop a coil in to test it out and wholly bejebus! Couldn't manage to get a coil in it! So tiny! And the screws are the size of fleas. It took 45 minutes and 10 tries to finally trap one of the leads. Couldn't get the other one down. It seems the screws don't trap the wire that well. Had to put it down for a while. Will try again later.

I ordered a couple of them... still waiting. I hear you with these tiny screws. They are a pain in the... I experienced that with other rebuildable coils. You'll get your hand on them eventually. I'm just worried about the Ti coils that I am buiding though. Also, I've been rebuilding the commercial coils for the Nautilus Mini with some success.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
I ordered a couple of them... still waiting. I hear you with these tiny screws. They are a pain in the... I experienced that with other rebuildable coils. You'll get your hand on them eventually. I'm just worried about the Ti coils that I am buiding though. Also, I've been rebuilding the commercial coils for the Nautilus Mini with some success.

I haven't done any Ti yet. But this morning I had some time and got it built with the stock coil.
3799bad6131ba24d4cd4b07826d0a60b.jpg

Time to wick and commence testing.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Looks pretty good! So you have about 6 wraps of ~26 gauge Kanthal I am guessing. I can see the gap you're mentioning. As I said, I rebuilt some of the commercial coil. I used 7 wraps of 29g Kanthal coils @ ~2mm inner diameter, ~1.8 ohms. I also used Ti coils at 0.4-0.5 ohms. Some were like you said, just vaping others were pretty good. Just a real pain to pack together. I'll give the RBA a try when I got mind in hand and get back to you.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
As for wraps. I used the coil it came with. Probably 30ga kanthal. 6 wraps. I can't imagine the screws able to pin down anything thicker than 30. I have to say the couple of hits I took on it were superior than a stock head. But given that gap I can't go for that.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
As for wraps. I used the coil it came with. Probably 30ga kanthal. 6 wraps. I can't imagine the screws able to pin down anything thicker than 30. I have to say the couple of hits I took on it were superior than a stock head. But given that gap I can't go for that.

30g is pretty thin... I faced these tiny screws issue before wondering why struggle with such engineering dismissing the basic convenience. I just pulled out a re-built Ti coil from a commercial head for my Nautilus mini and it works, actually better than my Kayfun current built... I'm still waiting for my delivery. I will get back once I'll getting to it.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
30g is pretty thin... I faced these tiny screws issue before wondering why struggle with such engineering dismissing the basic convenience. I just pulled out a re-built Ti coil from a commercial head for my Nautilus mini and it works, actually better than my Kayfun current built... I'm still waiting for my delivery. I will get back once I'll getting to it.

My thoughts are: the premise of the product is to be compatible with the nautilus mini tank. If product fails to allow the nautilus tank to be sealed properly then the product has failed no matter the wire Ga, coil wraps, ohms. Right? I mean who really wants a product that is hard to build and will eventually dump juice all over the place? Not me.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
My thoughts are: the premise of the product is to be compatible with the nautilus mini tank. If product fails to allow the nautilus tank to be sealed properly then the product has failed no matter the wire Ga, coil wraps, ohms. Right? I mean who really wants a product that is hard to build and will eventually dump juice all over the place? Not me.

I agree with your statement. I was pretty exited at first though and I will certainly return the devices if I confirm that they fail the premise. Thank you for your feedback.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
My thoughts are: the premise of the product is to be compatible with the nautilus mini tank. If product fails to allow the nautilus tank to be sealed properly then the product has failed no matter the wire Ga, coil wraps, ohms.

It now comes (as of today) with a thick top seal included for use with the Mini Nautilus (see video).
The seal / washer is inserted at the top between the glass and the metal bell housing.

If anyone who bought the Nautilus RBA from us that didn't get one of these extra seals for the Mini Nautilus, and requires one, please contact us to be sent one FOC.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
It now comes (as of today) with a thick top seal included for use with the Mini Nautilus (see video).
The seal / washer is inserted at the top between the glass and the metal bell housing.

If anyone who bought the Nautilus RBA from us that didn't get one of these extra seals for the Mini Nautilus, and requires one, please contact us to be sent one FOC.

Thanks. I will contact. Any advice on building? Had a hard time trapping the the ends under the screws.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Well I got my seals in the mail. When I get some time I'm going to revisit this.

I've finally received minds, 2 of them with the seals a couple of weeks ago... I found these disappointing because I have constant liquid leaks through the air hole... Liquid in my mouth to start with so I put it away since then... Staidly on my Kayfun. Looking at my built Nautilus Mini now and no gap at the base but still gurgling puffs. I may be missing something but no satisfying at all from my angle. The factory coils that I rebuilt worked much better so far. Please, tell me if you have better performances. I'm thinking that I may need to push the wick down the side holes to prevent the deck over floating ...

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I haven't done any Ti yet. But this morning I had some time and got it built with the stock coil.
3799bad6131ba24d4cd4b07826d0a60b.jpg

Time to wick and commence testing.

Try putting the wire in there in the opposite direction so when you tighten the screws its not pushing the wire out from under the screw. Hope that makes sense.☺

Reactions: Wheats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread