Not open for further replies.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Are you testing it while it is attached to the mod, or covering the bottom with a finger?

If so then you should probably contact @Zen~. He'll probably see this soon enough though...

Tried it both ways. Let me ask you this, how tight are you able to restrict the airflow on your P3's? I know it's subjective, but can you almost cut the airflow off?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Tried it both ways. Let me ask you this, how tight are you able to restrict the airflow on your P3's? I know it's subjective, but can you almost cut the airflow off?

I have the P3 Kabuki (not stealth) and if I tighten the screw until it doesn't move, the airflow is pretty restricted. I like a tighter draw but that's too much for me. I loosen up the screw about 1/4 turn and it's perfect for me.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I would seriously check on the validity of that email

I did. Reading through the header, the mail was generated from emailzdirect.com which I assume is the software MFS is using. That's the same origin as previous messages from them going back quite a while. I'm thinking their mailer app got configured incorrectly somehow. I'm still confused that this would have happened midstream so to speak.

Header info:

To: <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com>
Reply-To: "MyFreedomSmokes.com" <clay@myfredomsmokes.com>
Subject: ?? TURKEY FLASH SALE! Ends at 5PM ??

But back on thread, it's good to get another cheap source.

Reactions: Katdarling

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Sun-Vapers in Cali is running a 20% off sale with the code, gobble20, until Sunday, 29 Nov...free shipping for orders over $45 (and no sales tax for non-Cali shipping addresses). Naughty coils come out to 8.79/box...buy 6 and shipping's free.

I've bought a lot of stuff from them...they're a good company.
Thank you! Another 12 boxes ordered. That brings it to 26, yesterday. A gentile sufficiency, methinks :laugh:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Early on, I picked up an atty from one of the big chain stores, which they presented as their own product. It wasn't. It was a clone version of a popular design of the time.

Of course, I didn't know that because of the way they basically hid the fact that they were ripping off the original. It was absolute junk. Lesson learned. Buyer Beware.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
it doesn't even say it's a clone and even uses Zen's logo....suppose it was only a matter of time, always happens when a tank gets popular, but it's just not right :grr:
China is well known for counterfeits. They're not "clones" because they're duplicates including (sometimes) trademarked logos etc. And to jbwnyc's post, the quality is usually crap. And, of course there are the possible health related issues we all know about. I love Chinese food, but I'm awfully reluctant to buy ingredients made there.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Hi all, I'm a newbie to vaping, just 3 weeks cigarette free after being a pack a day guy for far too many years. After getting the hang of it on a decent starter kit, I acquired a P3 with the bigger Nautilus and knew that my smoking days are most likely behind me. So I bought another P3 and this time with the Kabuki. In spite of soaking the Aspire coils correctly (I think), I get a hot rubber taste from the same juice I use in the P3/Nautilus setup. I've changed coils twice, switched P3s etc and still the same result. Can you believe the Nautilus delivers a clean taste and the Kabuki doesn't! Ok, so today I washed the Kabuki out after taking it apart (all except the top which I can't pull apart from the glass) and setting the coil aside. After drying with paper towels and a hairdryer, I put it back together and put in a fresh coil for the third time. But first I dripped juice into those holes around the coil, and about 3 drops into the end. But this was no different than what I'd done with the previous coils. This time I let it stand 15 minutes and then took a vape at my usual 10 watts. The hot rubber taste returned. So I left it to soak for another two and a half hours (!) and turned the P3 down to 7 watts only. I've just started vaping it ever so gently and NO hot rubber taste........yet! I'm terrified of turning the watts up or taking a deep drag. Just feel that the hot rubber taste will return. Here's the thing: its not exactly like the dry burnt hit we're all used to. It's like hot rubber which I've not experienced before in my brief vaping career. Anyone have an explanation or comment? Would REALLY appreciate it.

Reactions: Peter_C

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Hi Vaper Bob,

I don't own a P3 but do know that they have a "Boost" option in their settings. Do you by any chance have that set too high?
I previously had it at the lowest boost setting but this time around I have it switched off. Still vaping very gently at 7W and no hot rubber taste. Don't have the nerve to turn it up!!

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
Hi all, I'm a newbie to vaping, just 3 weeks cigarette free after being a pack a day guy for far too many years. After getting the hang of it on a decent starter kit, I acquired a P3 with the bigger Nautilus and knew that my smoking days are most likely behind me. So I bought another P3 and this time with the Kabuki. In spite of soaking the Aspire coils correctly (I think), I get a hot rubber taste from the same juice I use in the P3/Nautilus setup. I've changed coils twice, switched P3s etc and still the same result. Can you believe the Nautilus delivers a clean taste and the Kabuki doesn't! Ok, so today I washed the Kabuki out after taking it apart (all except the top which I can't pull apart from the glass) and setting the coil aside. After drying with paper towels and a hairdryer, I put it back together and put in a fresh coil for the third time. But first I dripped juice into those holes around the coil, and about 3 drops into the end. But this was no different than what I'd done with the previous coils. This time I let it stand 15 minutes and then took a vape at my usual 10 watts. The hot rubber taste returned. So I left it to soak for another two and a half hours (!) and turned the P3 down to 7 watts only. I've just started vaping it ever so gently and NO hot rubber taste........yet! I'm terrified of turning the watts up or taking a deep drag. Just feel that the hot rubber taste will return. Here's the thing: its not exactly like the dry burnt hit we're all used to. It's like hot rubber which I've not experienced before in my brief vaping career. Anyone have an explanation or comment? Would REALLY appreciate it.
Try starting at a lower wattage like 7.5-8 and slowly work up to 10. If I start high I always seem to have off flavor problems.

Reactions: k2zs

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Well, there are no rubber parts to the Kabuki other than the O-Rings so I doubt it's the tank. Nautilus coils use a rubber (of some type) insulator between the coils center pin and coil body. I can see where excessive heat could cause that to give of gasses but it doesn't sound like your pushing it too much at the 10 watts you started at. Are all of these coils from the same source? Maybe you got a bum pack of coils...

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Well, there are no rubber parts to the Kabuki other than the O-Rings so I doubt it's the tank. Nautilus coils use a rubber (of some type) insulator between the coils center pin and coil body. I can see where excessive heat could cause that to give of gasses but it doesn't sound like your pushing it too much at the 10 watts you started at. Are all of these coils from the same source? Maybe you got a bum pack of coils...
Thanks for that. Yes the coils are from the same Aspire pack of 5 Nautilus BVC 1.6 ohms I got from a well known internet vendor here in London. The tanks behaving fine at 7 Watts right now. Not going to push it. Hope its all going to be fine as I really want to buy a second one with a Provari Radius. Its so simple to take apart, clean, fill and maintain. Especially like the air hole security and the fact that its a high quality US product and not just another Chinese tank!

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread