Cthulhu v2 making me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
So the BF and I accidentally pre-ordered two of these tanks. Not sure how that happened, but we have them now. Had them for a while now. Been frustrated with it for a while now.

I want to love this tank and I think that's the source of my issues. I love all of the ideas here. I can tell that a great deal of thought went into the design. I want a top fill. I want Cthulhu peeking out at me through my juice. I want juice flow control. So many great things in this tank, but it seems to fall apart with execution.

Instructions are non-existent. Didn't know it came with a juice control ring before you took it apart and tried to figure it out? Tough. Which band is the juice control? Not telling you. Figure that out on your own. Which direction to turn it? Not telling you that either. See, this is the Cool Kids club and you have to learn before we teach you.

Is your juice control all the way open or closed? Is it even all the way one way at all? Sure, you can't turn the ring anymore with the tank together, but wait..now you can...now you can't...and you can again.

Want smooth threads? Nope. Not here. Are you cross-threading it or is it just tough to turn? We're not telling you because we don't want to take the joy of discovery out of your life.

Want top filling? How about we make the top part smooth and difficult to turn. With the janky threading, you're sure to have a disaster and that will make you a YouTube sensation. You're welcome.

After watching more videos than I care to count and having more than a few colorful words escape my lips, I now have the tank together and it's not giving me that o-ring peeking between pieces thing. Every third hit is dry and harsh. I'm fairly sure I have the juice control all the way open. Fairly sure. Kinda sure. Not really sure. :glare: Let's just say that I followed all of the steps to open it all the way and then the ring stopped moving. I vaped for a while...well...I got dry hits for a while and managed to grip it tightly enough to turn it some more. I assume it's all the way open.

My wicks are rayon. I don't think I've overstuffed the coils and I don't think I've under-wicked either.

The build is 0.33Ohms which is lower than I normally build. Running at 35 watts which is a bit higher than I normally run.

Airflow is set to about 50% and I've tried it all over the dial.

Juice too thick? Tried a few different flavors and blends.

These tanks are about to be shelved and I'm eyeing a TFV4. :facepalm: I think I need more vaping experience before I can get this over-engineered thing to work right.

Thank you for listening. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Reactions: spalife

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Cthulhu is known to test and tease one's proves and patience

upload_2015-11-30_17-57-28.png

I have one in vape mail....

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I've had issues since day one with both my V1 and V2 Cthulhu. It is all in the wicking. I've gotten it to behave several times, but it only lasts two or three fills and it either leaks (more often) or dry hits. I switched to the single coil deck and it has been much better behaved, but doesn't give me the vape I bought a Cthulhu for. I use KGD for wicking.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have four of them and haven't had issues but use it mostly in single coil, The OBS Crius is my dual coil setup. When wicking the channel the wick shouldn't extend past the ring on the deck and the balance of the wicking should be trimmed and rest on the deck. I leave the JFC wide open all the time, mine have never moved even during filling.

Once you get the build nailed down this tank is outstanding. When I build the Velocity deck my method is the same and I get the same results.

Reactions: Jdurand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread