Anything new in the cigalike size devices that are automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I already know people will tell me to get something larger so I will start off with I have three Provari's and am covered in larger sized devices.

I still from time to time want a small hands free device. When I quit looking I had tried I think almost everything out there. I didn't like the Eroll. The hands free devices I liked best were the 4.2v regulated KR808 automatic batteries.

Has anything come out since the Eroll and the 4.2v regulated KR808 automatics?

Reactions: Racehorse

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Check out Vapor 4 life there Zeus is auto and manual I think.

I have a couple of those. Too large. I use the Provaris except when I needs hands free and I hold onto it with my teeth. I am using V4L Titans right now, they worked better for me for hands free than the Erolls did.

I was hoping something new came out in 2015 that I have not seen yet.

I am content with my large devices that cover me 95% of the time. I just hope a killer tiny device will eventually come out for the remaining 5% of the time.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Also use provari 95% of the time, and mostly vape menthol and if i need to get a taste of something new or just test out different flavors i use these kr808 refillable disposable tanks

KangerTech E-Smart 808D Clearomizer 5-Pack - LifeSmoke Vapors

Those have been around for awhile. I have tried almost every small automatic device that was available in 2014. I was hoping something newer and better was on the horizon for handfree use. Nothing quite cuts it yet, they have been getting closer but not quite there yet.

I started with V2 cigs, and they were pretty sturdy and well-made. But don't buy flavored cartridges from them, they're total ....s. I would buy empty cartridges from the same place and buy the good e juices. I suggest Mountain Baker Vapor, if you like inexpensive but still enjoyable US made e liquids. Or if you're willing to spend few bucks more, I like Rocket Fuel Vapes, Mr. Good Vapes, and Halo.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I started with V2 cigs, and they were pretty sturdy and well-made. But don't buy flavored cartridges from them, they're total ....s. I would buy empty cartridges from the same place and buy the good e juices. I suggest Mountain Baker Vapor, if you like inexpensive but still enjoyable US made e liquids. Or if you're willing to spend few bucks more, I like Rocket Fuel Vapes, Mr. Good Vapes, and Halo.

I had the V2 stuff long ago. I have tried everything in the small category that existed in 2014. Looking for the Eroll killer. I found the V2's to be the second worst purchase I have made.

Looking for the newest devices that might be an improvement over what was around in 2014.

I don't mind premium prices for quality, I have three Provari so I am not afraid to spend to get something better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Racehorse

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I had the V2 stuff long ago. I have tried everything in the small category that existed in 2014. Looking for the Eroll killer. I found the V2's to be the second worst purchase I have made.

Looking for the newest devices that might be an improvement over what was around in 2014.

I don't mind premium prices for quality, I have three Provari so I am not afraid to spend to get something better.

Yea, people who haven't used the eRoll don't realize, it's not just a little cig a like. It's actually a rather brilliant design, not to mention it vapes good. :)

I do hope somebody will come up with the eroll killler. Didn't somebody try that kit over at fasttech? Found it to be okay.

It's really RIDICULOUS every time you tell somebody you want a discreet cigalike (not to mention the eRoll is utterly classy) that they try to talk yoyu into something else.

DO THEY NOT *GET* that we all have other mods, that we just WANT something in the arsenal that has this small form factor?

I love my eCab kit. 1ml tank and uses same type A atties. but those have gone away too.......the LAST true "cigarillo sized" vape that I know of. I even had a vendor try to talk me out of them, said they were "discontinuing them" and I said "well then I will jsut buy 'em from somebody else, bud." :lol:

I am NOT going to bring a cloud blower to a damn wedding, you know? Or christening or anyting, and sometimes we want to just hang something off mouth while doing something else w/hands other than push a button on a big mod.

You know I should get with some designers or modders and come up with something.....I mean, somebody who APPRECIATES a classy, neatly designed, high tech cig a like needs to keep up with this.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Yea, people who haven't used the eRoll don't realize, it's not just a little cig a like. It's actually a rather brilliant design, not to mention it vapes good. :)

I gave my eroll away, it had flaws. I am looking for something to come down the road that fixes those flaws.

Many of us looking for a handsfree device will carry a non-hands free device with us but when it comes time for hands free usage we reach in a pocket for it. The case requires two hands.

The eroll with its partial twist non-treaded design makes it weak for that kind of carry. Also the fit of the tanks causes leaks. The eroll did outperform most of the cigalikes but the 4.2v regulated cigalikes actually hit harder than it.

If the emini duo is fully threaded like it appears in the video it might fix it's big weaknesses. The tank will be less likely to leak and the unit will be more ridged and stronger.

I really wanted to like the eroll but it didn't pass my tests for it but came fairly close. What I would like to see is doable. I am just looking for someone to eventually do it. The leaking issue has to be addressed to make it a good handsfree product and that partial twist rather than full threading has to be addressed. The eroll did outperform the other 3.7 and 3.2 small devices I tried but some of the 4.2v regulated cigalikes do outperform it but they also have flaws as well.

I am looking for something better than the eroll and the 4.2v devices. The emini duo might be the one but I don't know yet. The eroll flaws can all be fixed or someone can come out with something better, it is very doable to improve the eroll, someone just has to step up and do it.

Last edited:

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
Its not about trying to talk people into something else.. not everyone is an ecf veteran here and knows what people have or have not used so while you have been there and done that.. some are just getting there just newbies here trying to help with our limited experience trying to gain more.

Everyone is so great here so us new guys and gals try to help when we can even if its not much help :)

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Isn't the option to go with a small battery and then get the added power from Lr and dual coil atties? Say an ego650mah with a boge dual coil LR XL carto...?

I gave all of my ego's away. Boge are horrid cartomizers compared to Ikens.

The ego automatics when you decelerate have too much forward momentum when hands free. Ego automatics are also unreliable due to not being able to seal them. The V4L system works better than the Egos but still too much mass when active and being held with your teeth.

The Eroll comes close but fails in three areas. The Ego sized devices have too much mass for active hands free. The 4.2V KR808's have a couple of short comings. 510 systems are a nonstarter due to v limitations and being a non-sealed system.

If the Eroll was fully threaded, not leak all over the place when making aggressive movements, a tiny bit larger for better teeth grip, and have a bit more punch it would have been passable.

Eroll's leak in your pocket even if your just running.

Last edited:
I really liked my Halo G6 before I moved up to their Triton line. Small form factor, sleek design and I was happy with the cape on it. Started with Cartos then switched to their mini tanks for easy flavor identification and refills. Been using their Triton for a while now and I just ordered a Tracer for a larger mod. Didn't go for the reactor, I just don't want something that large.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    One of the nice things about switching to vaping is that I have learned to get rid of the urge to smoke when I am using both my hands for something else. I was like you, always looking for something small and light that I could use hands-free when my hands were all tied up doing something else.

Thank I came o the realization that i really don't need that. Then my hands are all tied up doing something else, I focus on the task and hand and never even think about smoking/vaping anymore. Problem solved.

Besides, all these auto ecigs are junk no matter how you slice it. The market has turned away from cigalikes and is focusing on "boxy" type vaporizers, wrongly called "box mods". Cigalike innovation has hit a stand still for years. It used to bother me, but not anymore.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    One of the nice things about switching to vaping is that I have learned to get rid of the urge to smoke when I am using both my hands for something else. I was like you, always looking for something small and light that I could use hands-free when my hands were all tied up doing something else.

Thank I came o the realization that i really don't need that. Then my hands are all tied up doing something else, I focus on the task and hand and never even think about smoking/vaping anymore. Problem solved.

Besides, all these auto ecigs are junk no matter how you slice it. The market has turned away from cigalikes and is focusing on "boxy" type vaporizers, wrongly called "box mods". Cigalike innovation has hit a stand still for years. It used to bother me, but not anymore.

Except for I backslid four times now and used analogs. I am using three Provari and a cigalike right now. If I can get a 10% improvement over the cigalike that I am currently using I will take it.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I really liked my Halo G6 before I moved up to their Triton line. Small form factor, sleek design and I was happy with the cape on it. Started with Cartos then switched to their mini tanks for easy flavor identification and refills. Been using their Triton for a while now and I just ordered a Tracer for a larger mod. Didn't go for the reactor, I just don't want something that large.

I am going backwards right now. I have three Provaries and still looking for a slightly better cigalike than I am using right now. The Halo G6 has been curb stomped for awhile now when it comes to cigalikes. They Triton line would do me no good, if I can use a Triton I can use a Provari.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread