BF Mods by Custom-Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Hey,...while we're talkin' about the extra small parts, and stuff..... I'm thinkin' that in about 3 months, or so.... I'll be in a much better position to accommodate all the requests for as many spares and extras, as anyone could possibly want. Right now though,....with 5 mods goin' out every week, the small parts are what's takin' the bulk of my time. It's hard to take on a whole lot of extras, at this pace... I'm trying to take care of everyone the best I can, in the meantime. :)

Also, on the extra positive contacts... I have more orders for mods, than I have contacts. I don't have a real steady source for those yet. I do have enough to stay afloat, for a while, and I've got another handful on the way. Once I get caught up, or close to it, It'll be easier to stockpile a bunch of 'em, I think...

Rest assured though, if anyone were to have a failure, of any kind,...I'll be on it with a quickness. So far, knock on wood,....we haven't had any parts fail... that I'm aware of... :thumb:

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Public Service Announcement: Sneaking a quick pull on the CC will set off the smoke alarm in the guest room prompting a call from the fire department and the entire family rushing in to see where the fire is. :D

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Public Service Announcement: Sneaking a quick pull on the CC will set off the smoke alarm in the guest room prompting a call from the fire department and the entire family rushing in to see where the fire is. :D
LMAO!

I'm so glad my alarm doesn't alert the department, or they would've come running SO many times :D

Last edited:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA

That's good stuff, right there. :D

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

Bathroom. Exhaust fan running. Water running if no exhaust fan.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Man,...it's a cold, rainy, dreary day around here...

Perfect mod buildin' weather! :D

I got the PEEK insulators installed on the metal buttons, late last night.

NAkYl1ul.jpg

This morning has been spent deburring and sanding...

7SkeChCl.jpg

Coming along real nice. :thumb:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It depends on the type of smoke alarm: i have stayed in an hotel with HRH where we were both vaping our heads off and not once did it set off an alarm.

i must be a tootle-puffer too! :blink:

As for spare parts - there's not really much to break is there? The 510 is tried and tested and i recently bought a new firing pin more for insurance than because of any problem with the CC.

T

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I've never set off an alarm by vaping. I guess that means I'm a tootle-puffer? :confused:

T is correct. The photocell fire alarm has an infrared beam that if it dims to a preset level will set it off. The 2nd style uses a small amount of radioactive Americium (not to worry it's Alpha particles which even a piece of paper stop) in a chamber with an electric charge and monitors this electric field. The radiation ionizes the air. When smoke particles get in the chamber they decrease ionization and therefore the electric field is reduced. Another chamber exposed to the radiation but is filtered from smoke is used as a comparison and when the 2 electric fields differ to a preset degree it goes off. The 3rd is simply a combination of the first 2 and looks at both to determine if there is really smoke. The ionization only style are particularly sensitive to water vapor and high humidity which will reduce the ionization in the chamber. Why do I know all this? As an electrician I have had problems over the years with falsing detectors and have had to research how they work to try to understand what causes falsing. Dust collecting inside is the numero uno cause and a good blowing out with compressed air should be done once a month. Back in late 2001 I had probably 30 calls from clients one morning that their alarms went off around 1:30 AM. Knowing that it could not be a coincidence and they were not all on the same utility company had me a little flustered until I learned a rather large coronal mass ejection had reached the earth at 1:25 AM.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
I must have the other kinds of detectors, not the photo cell kind. I have been vaping for over 2 years and one detector is right my line of fire, never goes off... and my house has detectors in every single room, even the bathroom and I vape in there.

And as for extras,I have many extra classic 510 (not shaved down CC style though) and I have a ton of vented screws that I did. For my 4 pekos. So I'm good there, never had any vent screws or 510 strip on my pekos though.

Only thing I got extra is a firing pin, as Ross and T said. I don't think I'll ever have a problem but maybe after a few years of constant use I could see the firing arm snapping where it flexes the most...

So, that's all I'm worried about..
And I had my reos for years and those arms never snapped.. So I think I'm over thinking.

How y'all had a good thanksgiving and black Friday.

Now I'm waiting for "cyber Monday"to see what kind of internet deals I can get.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
I must have the other kinds of detectors, not the photo cell kind. I have been vaping for over 2 years and one detector is right my line of fire, never goes off... and my house has detectors in every single room, even the bathroom and I vape in there.

And as for extras,I have many extra classic 510 (not shaved down CC style though) and I have a ton of vented screws that I did. For my 4 pekos. So I'm good there, never had any vent screws or 510 strip on my pekos though.

Only thing I got extra is a firing pin, as Ross and T said. I don't think I'll ever have a problem but maybe after a few years of constant use I could see the firing arm snapping where it flexes the most...

So, that's all I'm worried about..
And I had my reos for years and those arms never snapped.. So I think I'm over thinking.

How y'all had a good thanksgiving and black Friday.

Now I'm waiting for "cyber Monday"to see what kind of internet deals I can get.

Where would the screw flex and what would cause it in your setups?

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Stories about a vent screw snapping in half?? With our type vent screw, I'd think it's almost impossible. That's a 6/32 SS screw, even with a 1/16" juice channel, their tough as nails.

Now a reo style posi pin, those can be fragile, especially the older kits. When I first got a reo a long time ago,I was changing out a firing pin and I broke the tiny tiny posi pin when tightening it back on.

Like I said, way different than our CC setup, that setup is bomb proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread