Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
You can always compromise and send one or two (or all three) of your 2.5's over to vape Master Zen~ for a factory authorized flat cap conversion...
They'll put the mechanically stronger, and more electrically stable P3 top cap on your 2.5 babies.
Then, you'll have the best of both worlds...at least in my eyes.

I'll be sending my Stealth Mini to him very soon!

My toppers that I am using were made for the 2.5 so the fit looks like it's built onto the Provari, I would have to replace these toppers if I did that. They were made by Vaperfexion which I think is no longer around.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've got stuffs like that...
Kir Fanis, SnP, etc. But it sits unused a lot of the time, because I prefer the vape I get with other gear.
You should find somebody running a rebuildable or a "subohm" kind of setup that's NOT "extreme" - but just that makes use of 20 or 30 or 40 watts (maybe with a 0.5 ohm coil) and see if you like it. Even if it's not a Radius/Kabuki, you could get an idea.
You might love it...or might not!

tanks.JPG

My toppers that I am using were made for the 2.5 so the fit looks like it's built onto the Provari, I would have to replace these toppers if I did that. They were made by Vaperfexion which I think is no longer around.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Oh and to clarify - If you're NOT ever going to go beyond P2.5 limits, then I don't see how a Radius or even a P3 would be worth it - seeing as you can get a "Classic" or a P2.5 - even with a flat cap - for less than 1/2 the $.
I was just suggesting it MIGHT be worth TRYING higher power, to see why it's popular. Not better for everyone, but it IS popular.

Kir Fanis, SnP, etc. But it sits unused a lot of the time, because I prefer the vape I get with other gear.
You should find somebody running a rebuildable or a "subohm" kind of setup that's NOT "extreme" - but just that makes use of 20 or 30 or 40 watts (maybe with a 0.5 ohm coil) and see if you like it. Even if it's not a Radius/Kabuki, you could get an idea.

View attachment 510021

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I wish I had waited for the Provari Radius, instead of wasting my money on a HC VT200. The DNA 200 chip is turning out to be just as bad as the DNA 40. Before you buy a DNA 200 device be sure to go to their site and check out the DNA 200 forum. I didn't and boy am I sorry now.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hmmmmm I will have to think on this. Will a Radius cause the 2.5's to set on the shelf unused? Have your 2.5's been put on the shelf yet?

My two Provari have been on the shelf since I started using bottom feed mods. But, I have a bottom feed tank coming so they may be back in the rotation soon.

Reactions: gnees

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I wish I had waited for the Provari Radius, instead of wasting my money on a HC VT200. The DNA 200 chip is turning out to be just as bad as the DNA 40. Before you buy a DNA 200 device be sure to go to their site and check out the DNA 200 forum. I didn't and boy am I sorry now.
I need 200 watts like I need a hole in my head. :)

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I need 200 watts like I need a hole in my head. :)

I agree. I bought the 200 for the features. Being able to tweek the device to get the vape you want. But, the lipo batteries and the charging circuit are turning out to be very unreliable. The temp control seems to be greatly improved, but if the battery doesn't charge you got zip. Evolv has excellent customer service and stand behind their products. But, Evolv doesn't make mods so at this point your probably dealing with a supplier in China. If you've never dealt with one of those, you're in for a treat.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

View attachment 510021

One reason I have stuck where I am at is it got me off analogs. I didn't get the Provari for performance but for highly reliable vaping without looking ugly on the desk. The cheap stuff would fail on me. I got sick of flooding, equipment failures and constantly refilling. It was a distraction working. In the past when I would run into issues out would come the stinkies. Once I had the cartomizer tanks down I was happy with my large device.

I have thought about learning to do RBA's and might but I am not after a hobby. I want to load up my devices and work for 8 or 12 hours and have stuff to vape on without distracting myself from work very much.

I know I will backslide if I don't have something with me or in front of me to vape off of or I will pick up an analog.

It's also why I want my unicorn. I have back slid a number of times for lack of a hands free device. Once while on a bike I was not happy with my hands free vape and rode to a store and got some Marlboro's. Once while cutting the lawn I went and got a 6 month old pack of stinkies out of a drawer and smoked them..

My concern is availability of Ikenvape cartomizers.

I guess I want high quality, reliable, simple, easy convenient vaping while thinking about other things available to me at all times. I know I will grab an analog if I don't. That is the #1 reason I like the Provari, it works every time, can hold a big tank and a big battery.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
One reason I have stuck where I am at and stuck is because it got me off analogs. I didn't get the Provari for performance for highly reliable vaping without looking ugly on the desk. The cheap stuff would fail on me. I got sick of flooding equipment failures and constantly refilling. It was a distraction working. In the past when I would run into issues out would come the stinkies. Once I had the cartomizer tanks down I was happy with my large device.

I have thought about learning to do RBA's and might but I am not after a hobby. I want to load up my devices and work for 8 or 12 hours and have stuff to vape on without distracting myself from work to much.

I know I will backslide if I don't have something with me or in front of me to vape off of and will pick up an analog.

It's also why I want my unicorn. I have back slid a number of times for lack of a hands free device. Once while on a bike I was not happy with my hands free vape and rode to a store and got some Marlboro's. Once while cutting the lawn I went and got a 6 month old pack of stinkies out.

I guess I want high quality, reliable, simple, easy convenient vaping while thinking about other things available to me at all times. I know I will grab an analog if I don't. That is the #1 reason I like the Provari, it works every time, can hold a big tank and a big battery.
I know you have tried automatic vape devices before.

I would question and ask about the vape quality of them Vs a ProVari w/Carto?

Thanks, Jim

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Gotcha. And I for a long time was a cartotank user - long after it was popular!
I gave up twice, trying to build on kayfuns, then finally starting getting some success.
Then eventually, it DID become a hobby - not really the rebuilding (I'm not very good at it) - but trying new stuff, here and there, new RDA's, etc - but WITH a totally reliable, go-to device at hand the whole time...
:D

Do what you can (or have to) to stay vaping!
Hope you find your unicorn!

I've got like one box of Platinums around if you ever need 'em (lol - I actually switched to Boge when IKV changed those at some point). I still carry a P2.5 Mini with a cartotank with me when I travel - it's my "right before and after the flight" vape, and my backup, and my stealth (most of the time I'm a squonker now).

One reason I have stuck where I am at is it got me off analogs. I didn't get the Provari for performance but for highly reliable vaping without looking ugly on the desk. The cheap stuff would fail on me. I got sick of flooding, equipment failures and constantly refilling. It was a distraction working. In the past when I would run into issues out would come the stinkies. Once I had the cartomizer tanks down I was happy with my large device.

I have thought about learning to do RBA's and might but I am not after a hobby. I want to load up my devices and work for 8 or 12 hours and have stuff to vape on without distracting myself from work very much.

I know I will backslide if I don't have something with me or in front of me to vape off of or I will pick up an analog.

It's also why I want my unicorn. I have back slid a number of times for lack of a hands free device. Once while on a bike I was not happy with my hands free vape and rode to a store and got some Marlboro's. Once while cutting the lawn I went and got a 6 month old pack of stinkies out of a drawer and smoked them..

ate63

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
Spring Hope, NC, USA

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Those were the days...

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I know you have tried automatic vape devices before.

I would question and ask about the vape quality of them Vs a ProVari w/Carto?

Thanks, Jim

I have tried almost everything that exists. They don't compare but I am not expecting them to. Most of the smaller automatic devices are not geared towards being active while using them. They might mimic an analog but they don't mimic using an analog while active very well.

The Eroll leaked when in a shirt pocket. I also was not going to carry the charging case, I want to be able to retrieve it one handed from a shirt pocket. The KR808's at 4.2 are OK but not there yet either.

The Provari with a carto tank is good enough for me when I have a free hand or am at the desk working it's fine while driving as well. The small automatic devices don't have the punch of the Provari even when the voltage is the same.

I might abandon carto tanks if Ikenvape vanishes, the smoke or boge cartomizers didn't do it for me. I got a lot of flooding with the ones from smok and they didn't seem to last very long.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Gotcha. And I for a long time was a cartotank user - long after it was popular!
I gave up twice, trying to build on kayfuns, then finally starting getting some success.
Then eventually, it DID become a hobby - not really the rebuilding (I'm not very good at it) - but trying new stuff, here and there, new RDA's, etc - but WITH a totally reliable, go-to device at hand the whole time...
:Dever

Do what you can (or have to) to stay vaping!
Hope you find your unicorn!

I've got like one box of Platinums around if you ever need 'em (lol - I actually switched to Boge when IKV changed those at some point). I still carry a P2.5 Mini with a cartotank with me when I travel - it's my "right before and after the flight" vape, and my backup, and my stealth (most of the time I'

Are they 45mm?

The Boge's worked out for you? Maybe I need to revisit them.

If I do go to an RBA does it take long to set one up and how often would I need to. I could manage it if I could set up enough to last a week on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

I wrap coils, but not as a hobby. If you take care of the coils they last a very long time. The one in my Rüzgar RTA is over a year old. I dry burn and rewick with rayon about once a week (my juice is clear, so it doesn't gunk up very much). I also built it with long tails, so a couple of times I have removed the whole coil from the deck, cleaned it and put it back on. I was careful and the resistance didn't change. You don't even have to wrap coils if you don't want to, there are vendors that sell pre-wrapped coils. I don't sub-ohm, my coils are around 1.5Ω.

I'm not saying it will be better than what you like now, but, for me, the Rüzgar is my favorite. I'm still on the fence with the Kabuki. I like the tank, it's small and doesn't leak (seriously!), but not sure about the Nautilus heads. I prefer rayon to cotton and can taste the difference.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I wrap coils, but not as a hobby. If you take care of the coils they last a very long time. The one in my Rüzgar RTA is over a year old. I dry burn and rewick with rayon about once a week (my juice is clear, so it doesn't gunk up very much). I also built it with long tails, so a couple of times I have removed the whole coil from the deck, cleaned it and put it back on. I was careful and the resistance didn't change. You don't even have to wrap coils if you don't want to, there are vendors that sell pre-wrapped coils. I don't sub-ohm, my coils are around 1.5Ω.

I'm not saying it will be better than what you like now, but, for me, the Rüzgar is my favorite. I'm still on the fence with the Kabuki. I like the tank, it's small and doesn't leak (seriously!), but not sure about the Nautilus heads. I prefer rayon to cotton and can taste the difference.

Thanks, I didn't know you could buy wrapped coils. When my carto supply gets lower I need to investigate this.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

They Boge's worked out for you? Maybe I need to revisit them.

If I do go to an RBA does it take long to set one up and how often would I need to. I could manage it if I could set up enough to last a week on a Sunday.

You might want to edit your post before you get a warning. No buying/selling/trading outside of the classifieds.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread