Battery suggestions for the Reuleaux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
I just ordered a Reuleaux and I would like to get a fresh set of batteries to use specifically for this mod. The only batteries I have purchased in the past are vtc4s back when I used to use mech mods which was over a year ago. Since then I have been using tc with ti gr1 and ss mostly but I would like to have the ability to build some crazy kanthal builds since I will have 200w at my disposal. Should I purchase more vtc4s or should I get something with higher mah and lower continuous amperage? Since it uses 3 batteries shouldn't a high continuous amperage rating be less important since there will be less strain on each individual battery?

edit:
I would like to be able to charge the batteries inside the mod, I know some batteries are more suited to this than others.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
OP FYI:

The batteries are wired in series in this mod which means that the voltage is additive (the sum of all three) and the same current is moving through each simultaneously. If the batteries were wired in parallel the voltage would be the same as a single battery and the current divided by 3 (or 1/3 of the current through each battery), which would be less taxing on the batteries.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OP FYI:

The batteries are wired in series in this mod which means that the voltage is additive (the sum of all three) and the same current is moving through each simultaneously. If the batteries were wired in parallel the voltage would be the same as a single battery and the current divided by 3 (or 1/3 of the current through each battery), which would be less taxing on the batteries.

Actually, in a regulated mod the current from each battery is the same for both series and parallel setups.
    We'll use the formula Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage.

Let's assume 200W with three batteries in series and 3.0V/battery minimum...
    Max Amps = 200W / 9.0V= 22.2A
    Since they're in series each battery has 22.2A drawn from it.

Let's assume 200W with three batteries in parallel...
    Max Amps = 200W / 3.0V = 66.7A
    Since they're in parallel each battery has 1/3 of 66.7A drawn from it, which is 22.2A

fargazer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2014
    United States
    Actually, in a regulated mod the current from each battery is the same for both series and parallel setups.
    We'll use the formula Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage.

Let's assume 200W with three batteries in series and 3.0V/battery minimum...
    Max Amps = 200W / 9.0V= 22.2A
    Since they're in series each battery has 22.2A drawn from it.

Let's assume 200W with three batteries in parallel...
    Max Amps = 200W / 3.0V = 66.7A
    Since they're in parallel each battery has 1/3 of 66.7A drawn from it, which is 22.2A

OK, I see how that works for power mode. What about a TC mode, like NI200 - is it the same, but using the TC wattage (which may be clipped, depending upon where the temperature is set)?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OK, I see how that works for power mode. What about a TC mode, like NI200 - is it the same, but using the TC wattage (which may be clipped, depending upon where the temperature is set)?

Sorry, I am completely clueless when it comes to the different ways TC affects current flow in different mods.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Tc will simply regulate the wattage automatically, other than that it works the same way. As it's difficult to know exactly what wattage you'll be at, best to go by the highest watt setting you have dialled in. For example, you've set your watts to 200 but most of the time you're hovering around 170-180w. Still base your calculations on 200w.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread